Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshmen/Sophomores in the 14th Region
I haven’t saw anything on the young guys. Who’s some of the top young talent in the 14th region?
Johnson - Wolfe
Benton - Estill
Creed - Powell
Noe - Owsley
Brewer - Wolfe
Cook - Powell

Off of the top of my head those 6 have bright futures. There are talented players which have yet to see Varsity minutes, that deserve to be on this list. I just haven't seen them play, so I don't know them..... Wolfe County has a couple really good middle school players to look out for.
Hazard- Pelfrey Fr. (Fletcher, Collins, Hall, Johnson) all Sophomores

Cordia- Harris, Pringle Sophomores

Knott- Napier, McGuire freshman

Estill- Benton sophomore

Wolfe- Johnson Freshman, Brewer Sophomore

Powell- Ajuonuma, Cook sophomores

Breathitt- Jack Fugate sophomore

Buckhorn- Logan Stidham freshman

Perry- Fugate, Cornett sophomores

Owsley- Noe freshman, Evans sophomore
Lee County doesn't have any good players coming up? If not, then next year could be just as long as this season
How about the Long kid at Estill should be a dandy....
The Long kid from Estill is all ready a dandy love his game. Estill’s Freshman team is loaded. I think Benton is the best point guard in the Region.
Long from Estill is a big kid that can score on the inside as well as shoot the 3.
Leslie

Alex Farler - Freshman
Trenton Day - Freshman
Hazard's whole team.
I agree with this list, all good players and a few that have the size and skill to really go far
The best freshmen I have seen in the 14th Region this year are :
1) Johnson - Wolfe Co. PG , saw him play a really good game at PCC last week and saw he had put up big numbers (25 points 5 assist) in Wolfe rout of Breathitt last week - really nice size for a PG , about 6"1 with frame to put on few more inches and muscle
2) Pelfrey - Hazard - starting PG since last year as an 8th grader, very skilled and smart, excellent ball handler , tough to defend and keep out of paint
3) McGuire - Knott Co. - very skilled big who plays behind a senior in the post, but will explode next few years - prob 6'5 now and will be hard to handle in the the Mountains in years to come, has given KCC a reliable post presence off the bench
4) Farley - Leslie Co- another skilled player who will put up bigger numbers when playing tim on Varsity becomes more plentiful
5) Napier - Knott - good size and excellent shooter - has contributed on a very good KCC team
Others of note.....Long (Estill Co.) Terry (Jackson City) King (Wolfe Co) Day (Leslie) Noe (Owsley)
Saw Benton from Estill last night,, really good shooter, great passer
Who won the freshman and jv tournament in the 54th?
Logan Stidham and Kobe Bowling of Buckhorn are two good freshmen. They led the Cats to the 54th district freshman title and both of them earned a starting place on the varsity as the year progressed. The future is bright down 28.