Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 62 Jackson County 58
Final. :popcorn:
Big district win for Clay County at home. Clay has had some tough losses this year, so it was nice to see them get a win over a good team in a really entertaining game.
Congrats to Tigers
Nice win for the young Tigers against a good Jackson County squad. The freshmen and sophomores came up big. I thought Bingham and Combs gave good minutes off the bench. The 49th District 1 seed could come down to the last regular season meeting.
North is a lock for the 1 seed they won by 20ish clay cant beat them that bad and i dont see them dropping a game to jackson or Oneida
TIGERZ Wrote:North is a lock for the 1 seed they won by 20ish clay cant beat them that bad and i dont see them dropping a game to jackson or Oneida

North should take the 1 seed but losing to Jackson County isn’t impossible.
Do they count both games in the 49th for seeding or just the first meeting between teams?
Van Hagar Wrote:Do they count both games in the 49th for seeding or just the first meeting between teams?

Both and then it’s based on points. I’m telling myself you aren’t being smart with that question. Haha the 1 seed is huge in the 49th District.
The first 3 quarters of that game was the best basketball Clay has played this year. The 4 quarter they went away from what got them the big lead and Jackson County capitalized. Jackson County has a very good team and to only lose by 4 points at Clay gives them a lot of confidence come tournament time. Jackson probably will be the favorite at Jackson, then it will be a dog fight in the district. I feel North has the 1 seed locked up, but you never know what can happen.
UKCC Wrote:Both and then it’s based on points. I’m telling myself you aren’t being smart with that question. Haha the 1 seed is huge in the 49th District.

No seriously I can never keep it straight from district to district, I know in baseball we only used to count first meeting of the year. But I sorta figured, otherwise the top three probably wouldn’t play OBI and Red Bird two games each. Is there a cap on the point total if that has to be used? Seems like in some districts it’s either 15 or 20. And yeah one seed virtually guarantees a spot in region, gotta fight it out if you’re in 2-3 game.
Van Hagar Wrote:No seriously I can never keep it straight from district to district, I know in baseball we only used to count first meeting of the year. But I sorta figured, otherwise the top three probably wouldn’t play OBI and Red Bird two games each. Is there a cap only the point total if that has to be used? Seems like in some districts it’s either 15 or 20. And yeah one seed virtually guarantees a spot in region, gotta fight it out if you’re in 2-3 game.

Good point, I never thought about that. It comes down to points if there is a tie. For example, it was either last year or the year before that North and Clay split but North was the 1 and I may be crazy but Peyton Broughton got a late basket (dunk at the buzzer) in both games (maybe North won by 4 and Clay won by 2). Assitially, as long as North wins out they’re fine. But if Clay or Jackson beat them, things get interesting.
Yeah that’s right I forgot he got a dunk at buzzer that didn’t determine outcome of game but did give North one seed, people that didn’t realize what had happened thought fans were crazy for celebrating so much over a seemingly meaningless score😂
And North goes to Jackson Friday, if they win that one they should be in great shape. But if they don’t.......
Van Hagar Wrote:Yeah that’s right I forgot he got a dunk at buzzer that didn’t determine outcome of game but did give North one seed, people that didn’t realize what had happened thought fans were crazy for celebrating so much over a seemingly meaningless score😂

Exactly, I’m an over-thinker and noticed it as it was happening. Haha
we can't get over the Manchester hump
I like the 49th district tie breaker a lot better than the 50th. Season should count. Point differential between two teams tied is way it should be. 50th flips a coin.
Even worse to me the 48th tie breaker is whoever wins last game between the two teams.