Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64SUR 13th Regions 2018 Ranking
ky playmaker Wrote:The top 4 have separated themselves but 5-8 can beat u if u don’t come to play. The difference in the top 4 is just who ever plays well that night. Wouldn’t surprise me if any of those 4 win region. Gonna be fun

Believe this statement is spot on.
1. Knox Central
2. North Laurel
3. South Laurel
4. Corbin
5. Harlan County
6. Jackson County
7. Clay County
8. Lynn Camp
9. Bell County
10. Williamsburg
TheProfessor33 Wrote:1. Knox Central
2. North Laurel
3. South Laurel
4. Corbin
5. Harlan County
6. Jackson County
7. Clay County
8. Lynn Camp
9. Bell County
10. Williamsburg

A lot better logic than some I've saw today, but do you really think North is better than Corbin or South?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:A lot better logic than some I've saw today, but do you really think North is better than Corbin or South?

North beats Corbin at home, so today OK. Have not beat South, who knows. You have to rank them somewhere, any of the 4 can beat the other on a given night. Going to be a fun 13th tourney.
North has lost to south twice by double digits. North is really good but how anybody rank north over south at this point is just crazy
ky playmaker Wrote:North has lost to south twice by double digits. North is really good but how anybody rank north over south at this point is just crazy

Second beat down was just nine Playmaker!😂😂 But you’re right, can’t logically rank North ahead of South, even a die hard like me knows that. I just hope the regional tourney draw works out to where the final four is some combination of matchups between Corbin, North, Knox and South. Now that would be an awesome semifinals.
1- Knox(Best Talent most yrs)
2-Corbin(My pick to win it)
3-South
4-North
5-Lynn Camp(Wouldn’t want to face in region)
6-Harlan Co.(Loss of Nolan really stings)
7-Jackson Co
8-Clay
9-Bell
10- Harlan(Record don’t show it but are much improved.)
I'm doing top six.

1. Knox Central
2. South Laurel
3. (Tie) North laurel
3. Corbin
5. Harlan County
6. Jackson County

I'm not sure why Corbin continues to be the top 1-2. Their performance has been down some since Instagram-Gate. Losing to North was not a bad loss, losing to Mercer in the manner that they did was pretty bad.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, but South's scheduling of 11th region teams (Henry Clay, Dunbar and Madison Central) and GRC will benefit them in the 13th regional. Of course they could come out and lay an egg in district or regional. Such is the beauty of a one game elimination. In the unlikely event they could pull an upset of Madison Central tomorrow night, I would upgrade them to #1. However,if I were voting in statewide polls, I would certainly consider MC as the top team. They're peaking at the right time.
64SUR Wrote:New ranking 02-10-18

1. Knox County Central ( I’m not picking y’all to win it just yet )
2. South Laurel..( Coach Davis is my next door neighbor, So looked out It’s Time
3. North Laurel ( big win over Corbin and they are hot,hot )
4. Corbin ( need bailey rice on the floor big body, get better big guy quick)
5. Harlan County
6. Jackson County
7. Lynn Camp
8. Bell County
9. Clay County
10. Williamsburg

Reposting it on second page Confusednicker:
1.North Laurel=hottest team right now, great "team" ball club,enjoy watching this bunch play. Big man and good shooters, will they and can they keep it going to Lexington.
2.Corbin=most talented team by far but can they get back to playing team ball if so look out Rupp bound. Composure for star player key.
3.Knox Central=mind set right #1, best starting 5 overall?,very athletic,composure key for them especially against Corbin. Have to avoid bad luck at the Arena. Point guard is amazing.
4.South Laurel=solid as any, top 3 player in region, good outside shooters, defense key! Finishing with tough games to get ready. Can win 13th and represent the region as well as my top 3.
5.Harlan County=best of rest, experience will help, grinders on defense, will key player return. Wouldn't shock me to see them defend title in the Arena championship night.
6.Lynn Camp=weak schedule but have won games, could shock a top team, hard nosed coach to lead them, very dangerous team.
7.Jackson County=if hot from outside dangerous, plays as hard as anyone in region. Could pull upset round 1 if they get past Clay!
8.Whitley County=schedule was ridiculous, very talented unknown, dont sleep on them, team ball and foul trouble keys for them. Battle tested for sure.
9.Bell County=athletic and scary matchup for region opening game. Can they avoid district upset game 1 then win district?
10.Clay County=year away from top 4? Another dangerous team if they play team ball and defense.
Very good underclassman players. Game with Jackson County will be a good one.

Just my opinion, have watched every team play, if the right 8 make it to the Arena it will be a great week of basketball to watch.
ky playmaker Wrote:The top 4 have separated themselves but 5-8 can beat u if u don’t come to play. The difference in the top 4 is just who ever plays well that night. Wouldn’t surprise me if any of those 4 win region. Gonna be fun

Agreed. I put Harlan County at #5 after Corbin beat them without Taylor, but could see them, Jackson County, or Lynn Camp sending someone home early. Bell County is a bit of an unknown for me.
Rainingthrees Wrote:1.North Laurel=hottest team right now, great "team" ball club,enjoy watching this bunch play. Big man and good shooters, will they and can they keep it going to Lexington.
2.Corbin=most talented team by far but can they get back to playing team ball if so look out Rupp bound. Composure for star player key.
3.Knox Central=mind set right #1, best starting 5 overall?,very athletic,composure key for them especially against Corbin. Have to avoid bad luck at the Arena. Point guard is amazing.
4.South Laurel=solid as any, top 3 player in region, good outside shooters, defense key! Finishing with tough games to get ready. Can win 13th and represent the region as well as my top 3.
5.Harlan County=best of rest, experience will help, grinders on defense, will key player return. Wouldn't shock me to see them defend title in the Arena championship night.
6.Lynn Camp=weak schedule but have won games, could shock a top team, hard nosed coach to lead them, very dangerous team.
7.Jackson County=if hot from outside dangerous, plays as hard as anyone in region. Could pull upset round 1 if they get past Clay!
8.Whitley County=schedule was ridiculous, very talented unknown, dont sleep on them, team ball and foul trouble keys for them. Battle tested for sure.
9.Bell County=athletic and scary matchup for region opening game. Can they avoid district upset game 1 then win district?
10.Clay County=year away from top 4? Another dangerous team if they play team ball and defense.
Very good underclassman players. Game with Jackson County will be a good one.

Just my opinion, have watched every team play, if the right 8 make it to the Arena it will be a great week of basketball to watch.

South swept North, neither game was particularly close. Corbin, even with Taylor back, is not the same team prior to the big controversy. Interesting that you place them 1/2.
Just my opinion but regardless of how the top 4 in the region are ranked by me or whoever I think we can all agree those four are the top of the food chain in the region. If that's the final four it will be a great night of basketball at the Arena. If so hope it's South vs North and Corbin vs Knox Central in the other, would be a very entertaining evening.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Just my opinion but regardless of how the top 4 in the region are ranked by me or whoever I think we can all agree those four are the top of the food chain in the region. If that's the final four it will be a great night of basketball at the Arena. If so hope it's South vs North and Corbin vs Knox Central in the other, would be a very entertaining evening.

Agreed, but I still think wouldn't be surprised to see a Lynn Camp or Jackson county surprise someone.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Just my opinion but regardless of how the top 4 in the region are ranked by me or whoever I think we can all agree those four are the top of the food chain in the region. If that's the final four it will be a great night of basketball at the Arena. If so hope it's South vs North and Corbin vs Knox Central in the other, would be a very entertaining evening.

I'd love to see it break down exactly that way too. But the odds are against it happening, because (and again assuming no big district upsets) the South/Corbin loser would have to draw either North, Knox or Harlan Co. So a two out of three chance that you get one of those marquee matchups in the first round.
Is there a reason that Knox and South didn’t play other than could not work out date? That would be a very interesting game round one.

Rank
1. Knox
2. South
3. North
4. Corbin

Harlan County May have had a horrible turn of events. I heard their pg had a knee injury. Hate it for kid and it really hurts team.

The rest someone could knock someone off but I don’t believe they can do it for 3 games.

4 team race and each could win it.
Corbin and Whitley play first round of district. After watching Corbin beat then without two kids who get a lot of PT I’d be surprised to see WC pull the upset. Corbin south gane will be huge.
I don’t think anyone expects an upset from Whitley or Williamsburg.
A few thought WC may have been able to pull one off against SL. I was not one of those people lol
Anyone have information on the coin toss for district seeding. I can't verify, but I'm hearing South drew Williamsburg.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Anyone have information on the coin toss for district seeding. I can't verify, but I'm hearing South drew Williamsburg.
yes south got the burg
south vs williamsburg tue at 6
corbin vs whitley tue at 7:30
ky playmaker Wrote:south vs williamsburg tue at 6
corbin vs whitley tue at 7:30

Figures I work that night. Is the championship game on Friday?
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Figures I work that night. Is the championship game on Friday?
yes at 7
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Corbin and Whitley play first round of district. After watching Corbin beat then without two kids who get a lot of PT I’d be surprised to see WC pull the upset. Corbin south gane will be huge.

Go Colonels!
64SUR Wrote:1. Knox County Central 12-1 ( Team to beat ( seriously)
2. Harlan County 12-1
3. Corbin 8-3
4. South Laurel 9-2
5. North Laurel 11-2 ( most improved team in region )
6. Jackson County 8-3
7. Clay County 8-7
8. Bell Co 7-3
9.Lynn Camp 10-1
10.Whitley County 5-8

Bubble team ( Williamsburg)

:foreveralone: Like to see everybody else top 10
Hasn't Corbin beat Harlan Co twice???:biglmao:
Superfly Wrote:Hasn't Corbin beat Harlan Co twice???:biglmao:

I don't like Corbin, but they are the team to beat.
Superfly Wrote:Hasn't Corbin beat Harlan Co twice???:biglmao:

You looking at the wrong update Superspy :lmao:

2. South Laurel..( Coach Davis is my next door neighbor, So looked out It’s Time
5. Harlan County
6. Jackson County
7. Lynn Camp
8. Bell County
9. Clay County
10. Williamsburg

This is the new update Superfly 02-10-18 Confusednicker:

5. Harlan County
6. Jackson County
7. Lynn Camp
8. Bell County
9. Clay County
10. Williamsburg

My Last 13th Ranking of the year 02-17-17

1. South Laurel 19-7 ( beat north twice this year and toughest schedule, my picked to win it. JMO ONLY Key Stretch them long arms.
2. North Laurel 26-4 ( beat Corbin and Knox this year, and yes could win tournament) Key to North Keep Big Albert Osters out of foul trouble
3. Knox Central 24-5 ( most talented if not this year next year for sure ) Key for Knox will be defense
4. Corbin 20-7 ( Best player is regional Andrew Taylor, ( Key Chandler Stewart and Chase Sanders
5. Harlan County 18-8 ( should be final if they can avoid Corbin or south first round ) Key get healthy for Regional
6. Jackson County 18-10 ( 50/50 shot making it to Regional)
7. Bell County 17-10 ( feed the big man inside )
8. Lynn Camp 22-6 ( freeze the ball in Regional)
9. Clay County 14-14 ( 50/50 shot making Regional I think they will make it ) Key play defense
10. Barbourville 15-14 ( they have a shot upsetting Lynn Camp )

Bubble team Middlesboro

:blondnurs Go ahead i’m running a fever rank your posters.