•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2018
Lets look at this from a totally different perspective.............

Remember Coach Chappell took over a program that won 1 game the year before he became head coach. In his first year was district runner up, yeah he only won 4 games but it was the right 4 games. Year one improvement. In his second year won 6 games and finished 3rd in the district Year two improvement.
In his third season the Colonels went 9-3 won the district and won a playoff game and gave Pulaski all they wanted before falling. Year 3 improvement. This season they were 7-5 tied for the district championship and won a playoff game. This with a team that had a ton of injuries and one pre season defection that was beyond what anyone could do. And they had 18 seniors.
The numbers are up and kids are working hard and getting better.

The Colonel numbers will be excellent again this year and they continue to work and get better. Those first couple of years Coach Chappell was still getting the right people (coaches) in the right places. The Colonels are not going to cheat and recruit, sorry they just do it the right way....hard work and developing kids.

What is clear to me is that the team and program is getting better, and will continue to get better. Am I happy we lost in the second round of the playoffs, absolutely not, do I think Coach Chappell was happy, absolutely not. Do I believe that the staff will continue to work towards the ultimate goal, without a doubt. They are the right guys for the job.

As for the Colonels next season, I think you will see continued improvement. The schedule will be flip flopped from last season and I think they will win a few games they let get away from them this year. Of course I know that everyone will ask what I am basing that on, well friends and neighbors I know things gut does not and probably wont until the first few weeks of the season.

On side note, there is no way RIUTG and Dougie are the same person. I do however believe that Dougie is not mentally strong enough to have his own opinion, and mimics what ever other folks are posting. RIUTG has his opinions and he is certainly welcome to them, but opinions are like certain parts of the anatomy, everyone has them and they usually smell like doggie doo doo.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Lets look at this from a totally different perspective.............

Remember Coach Chappell took over a program that won 1 game the year before he became head coach. In his first year was district runner up, yeah he only won 4 games but it was the right 4 games. Year one improvement. In his second year won 6 games and finished 3rd in the district Year two improvement.
In his third season the Colonels went 9-3 won the district and won a playoff game and gave Pulaski all they wanted before falling. Year 3 improvement. This season they were 7-5 tied for the district championship and won a playoff game. This with a team that had a ton of injuries and one pre season defection that was beyond what anyone could do. And they had 18 seniors.

The Colonel numbers will be excellent again this year and they continue to work and get better. Those first couple of years Coach Chappell was still getting the right people (coaches) in the right places. The Colonels are not going to cheat and recruit, sorry they just do it the right way....hard work and developing kids.

What is clear to me is that the team and program is getting better, and will continue to get better. Am I happy we lost in the second round of the playoffs, absolutely not, do I think Coach Chappell was happy, absolutely not. Do I believe that the staff will continue to work towards the ultimate goal, without a doubt. They are the right guys for the job.

As for the Colonels next season, I think you will see continued improvement. The schedule will be flip flopped from last season and I think they will win a few games they let get away from them this year. Of course I know that everyone will ask what I am basing that on, well friends and neighbors I know things gut does not and probably wont until the first few weeks of the season.

On side note, there is no way RIUTG and Dougie are the same person. I do however believe that Dougie is not mentally strong enough to have his own opinion, and mimics what ever other folks are posting. RIUTG has his opinions and he is certainly welcome to them, but opinions are like certain parts of the anatomy, everyone has them and they usually smell like doggie doo doo.

I don't think anybody is questioning the validity of Chappell character. For all intents and purposes he has done really well making it a community themed program that has worked so well for other big dogs in the state.
But there is that "it" factor that puts coaches over the top. It makes players swarm to them. Sometimes it's because of name alone. Sometimes it's coaching prowess. At this point, nothing has been don't to prove that is the case here.
Whitley should post a list of everyone who put in for the job or called about it (who knows of that's even legal but slips and anonymous sources happen) and at the end of the day if that was the best hire then people like me wouldn't say a word.
If however there were some names out there that stuck in an application for it that was much better, then that's a different story.
Is your name on one of those stuck applications?

DietPepsiDrinker, I thought your last line was dougie doo doo until I read it again.

:lmao:
OldJacket Wrote:I think there are politics at most schools, it just seems worse at Whitley but I have never thought football was as bad as others sports like basketball...We all know Gut is a radio guy and Pj is my cousin...

True story. I have more cousins than 64SUR.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Lets look at this from a totally different perspective.............

I'm mentally strong Smile. I bet you secretly start crying every time somebody doesn't agree with you. people like you following the little clique around getting your nose brown is what is wrong with Whitley County football. When did you play football? never ?
Just curious is the politics democrat or republican. I could claim kin if they are dem :truestory:
Granny Bear Wrote:Is your name on one of those stuck applications?

DietPepsiDrinker, I thought your last line was dougie doo doo until I read it again.

The aspartame has rotted her brain.
64SUR Wrote:Just curious is the politics democrat or republican. I could claim kin if they are dem :truestory:

Did you ever hear of The Whitley Republican newspaper? Smile
is it football time yet
whitley will be good okay
K
pjdoug Wrote:True story. I have more cousins than 64SUR.
This is an impossibility!!

64SUR Wrote:Just curious is the politics democrat or republican. I could claim kin if they are dem :truestory:
We all know you are a closet Pub!

pjdoug Wrote:The aspartame has rotted her brain.
Quite possible. SOMETHING has.

bigscreen Wrote:is it football time yet
Not yet, but you can tell we are all missing it.
bigscreen Wrote:whitley will be good okay
K

How good? Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:This is an impossibility!!

I wasn't referring to you Smile

64's closet probably is a pub.
^^^
:truestory:
pjdoug Wrote:I'm mentally strong Smile. I bet you secretly start crying every time somebody doesn't agree with you. people like you following the little clique around getting your nose brown is what is wrong with Whitley County football. When did you play football? never ?

Dude relax.....I just pointed out the obvious, you let other people do your thinking for you. Out of all the points I posted you could not comment on anything but the obvious fact that you don't have views of your own only what other folks post and you fall in line just so they will not say bad things about you. Be strong, think for yourself!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I don't think anybody is questioning the validity of Chappell character. For all intents and purposes he has done really well making it a community themed program that has worked so well for other big dogs in the state.
But there is that "it" factor that puts coaches over the top. It makes players swarm to them. Sometimes it's because of name alone. Sometimes it's coaching prowess. At this point, nothing has been don't to prove that is the case here.
Whitley should post a list of everyone who put in for the job or called about it (who knows of that's even legal but slips and anonymous sources happen) and at the end of the day if that was the best hire then people like me wouldn't say a word.
If however there were some names out there that stuck in an application for it that was much better, then that's a different story.

Nice dodge. I was not addressing Coach Chappell's character, I was addressing his record, which is a winning record and showing that his teams have improved. You act like you are a Johnny come lately to the Whitley program and then you state that you played for Mike Campbell, and as I recall you were knee deep in all the postings going on during the search for the new coach when they hired Coach Chappell. In fact you had the 8th post in the coaching search thread saying Dudley was the first choice. A little further down you posted this "Personally, I think this should be one of the premier places to coach football in Eastern KY.
Thats not being a homer, but you have an abuncance of athletes, great facilities, and a good foundation.
If they can keep there noses out of it and select a person with no ties who will completely change the atmosphere, then Whitley will return to the top of this district and region"
He was what you prescribed and as done what you asked, with the exception of the region, but there is always next season. He has shown he can change with the talent. Everyone thought he would throw the ball every down, well he has had great QBs and great running backs and used them both well. It is easy to scream at the record and not look at the details. I bet you cannot see the tree for the forest.

Whitley will be fine and will win some games that got away from them last year. Don't be surprised for more changes and growth from the Colonel program
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Dude relax.....I just pointed out the obvious, you let other people do your thinking for you. Out of all the points I posted you could not comment on anything but the obvious fact that you don't have views of your own only what other folks post and you fall in line just so they will not say bad things about you. Be strong, think for yourself!!!

it's obvious that you have a little brown on your nose. it's obvious that Whitley County has underachieved in football. it's obvious that you have never played football and know nothing about the sport. it's obvious that Whitley County has lost loads of talent to other schools because of people like you. They obviously need a good coach with full control and no politics involved.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Nice dodge. I was not addressing Coach Chappell's character, I was addressing his record, which is a winning record and showing that his teams have improved. You act like you are a Johnny come lately to the Whitley program and then you state that you played for Mike Campbell, and as I recall you were knee deep in all the postings going on during the search for the new coach when they hired Coach Chappell. In fact you had the 8th post in the coaching search thread saying Dudley was the first choice. A little further down you posted this "Personally, I think this should be one of the premier places to coach football in Eastern KY.
Thats not being a homer, but you have an abuncance of athletes, great facilities, and a good foundation.
If they can keep there noses out of it and select a person with no ties who will completely change the atmosphere, then Whitley will return to the top of this district and region"
He was what you prescribed and as done what you asked, with the exception of the region, but there is always next season. He has shown he can change with the talent. Everyone thought he would throw the ball every down, well he has had great QBs and great running backs and used them both well. It is easy to scream at the record and not look at the details. I bet you cannot see the tree for the forest.

Whitley will be fine and will win some games that got away from them last year. Don't be surprised for more changes and growth from the Colonel program
What changes?
Personal insults stop here!

Anything further that's off topic will be removed.
insults go to my inbox because some don't have the "guts" to post them here. I was playing my guts out on the field then didn't miss a single game for more than 20 years as a fan before some of these defensive ones that didn't even play came along, so yeah I'm tired of seeing the same ole BS year after year because of politics

You ain't gonna believe this, but I can prove that Little Debbie is my cousin Smile
Yes I agree
Hold everyone to the same standards
diceman Wrote:Yes I agree
Hold everyone to the same standards
:Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:What changes?

I am hearing several changes that could improve the Colonels. Players and Staff. Next year will improve and continue to do so.
TheColonel Wrote:I am hearing several changes that could improve the Colonels. Players and Staff. Next year will improve and continue to do so.

Found a football tutorial on EBay did you? Three games, four if Jesus starts feeling sorry for ya!!
TheColonel Wrote:I am hearing several changes that could improve the Colonels. Players and Staff. Next year will improve and continue to do so.

Why is everything always a top secret at Whitley County ?
chs crazy Wrote:Found a football tutorial on EBay did you? Three games, four if Jesus starts feeling sorry for ya!!
:gtfo::ChairHit:
pjdoug Wrote::gtfo::ChairHit:

Sorry I told you sometimes I can’t help it :HitWall:
pjdoug Wrote:You ain't gonna believe this, but I can prove that Little Debbie is my cousin Smile

:thatsfunn

She helped me build a front porch....keeps my belt buckle in the shade.:biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next