Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of attendance for games
I have heard Louisville, North Carolina, and Kentucky have all been suffering from low attendance numbers for their home games. What could be the sudden cause for this?
Speaking only for Kentucky, I would say that increased ticket prices, one and done fatigue on the fan base, the fact that the upper arena is extremely uncomfortable, and the fact that people can sit at home and watch on affordable huge HD TV's have all played a role.
Motley Wrote:Speaking only for Kentucky, I would say that increased ticket prices, one and done fatigue on the fan base, the fact that the upper arena is extremely uncomfortable, and the fact that people can sit at home and watch on affordable huge HD TV's have all played a role.

I agree with the one and done fatigue. Years ago when I liked Kentucky, I was a young lad and could name every player on the team. I would follow them year to year until senior day at Rupp which was a huge deal. Then I couldn't wait for the barn storming tour of Kentucky. The times of Melvin Turoin, Sam Bowie, Jim Master, Dicky Beal, and Kenny Walker are long gone. I'm no longer a UK fan, but I couldn't tell you a single player on the team now.
For me personally, it’s the fact that I can watch it on my 65 inch flatscreen while laying in a recliner instead of having to deal with thousands of people and traffic rush after the game is over. I’ll stkll try and catch a game a year but it’s not a big deal to me to go to the games in person.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Westside Wrote:I agree with the one and done fatigue. Years ago when I liked Kentucky, I was a young lad and could name every player on the team. I would follow them year to year until senior day at Rupp which was a huge deal. Then I couldn't wait for the barn storming tour of Kentucky. The times of Melvin Turoin, Sam Bowie, Jim Master, Dicky Beal, and Kenny Walker are long gone. I'm no longer a UK fan, but I couldn't tell you a single player on the team now.

Turpin. I hate auto correct.
a few years ago, I try to get some ticket to the UK/UNC game at Rupp. the upper arena ticket to that game was 100 dollars. there is no way I would buy that much for a ticket. all the games I went to in the 90's I use to get good sits for 50 dollars or less.