Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blowout Central
Every year all of us complain about how the first two rounds of the playoffs aren't even worth watching because of the lopsided results. So I took it upon myself to dig into the 3rd round games tonight and well, to say the least, it wasn't pretty.

In 3A alone the average margin of victory was 40.75 points with every game resulting in a running clock at some point. Absolute blowouts. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES!! I would take a closer look at the other classes but it's late and those games were just as bad.

The sad truth is in each class you have about 4 teams (sometimes less than 4) that are in a league of their own, and everyone else is so far behind it's not funny. Fact of the matter is these top 4 teams or so are going to win in convincing fashion 90% of time until they reach the 4th round. There's nothing we can really do to make the playoff system anymore exciting unless we dropped the number of classes, which I don't see happening. Just take it for what it's worth and enjoy the game. Pat your boys on the back and be proud they made it this far, no matter how bad the score looks after the game!
I forgot all about that discussion but you have a valid point that can’t be disputed.... this post has me rethinking my opinion on the matter