Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AA Semi-Finals: Christian Academy vs. Mayfield 11-24
CAL travels 3.5 hours to War Memorial to take on the Mayfield Cardinal in a rematch of last years semi-finals! Thoughts and predictions??

Mayfield: 28
CAL: 24

CAL has their QB back and Wright is back playing where he is most dangerous. Mayfield is clicking on offense with a stout defense to match... I think this one will be an instant classic!
Glad its CAL. Wanted Mayfield to get another shot at them.
I feel this game can go either way but, I have to go with my cards. After watching CAL take us apart last year they could very well do it again this year. The only difference this year is we don't have the one go to guy that if they stop we lose they have to stop 11 well 12. Has CAL ever played at War Memorial and been in this environment? Whoever wins this game I feel will win the title because while we are over here beating each other up and playing football Danville is in the other bracket tip toeing through the tulips being told how great they are and wont be ready for either of us. Cant Wait Go Cards

Mayfield 24
Cal 13
Mayfield 42-6
Mayfield - 21
CAL - 14
Mayfield is on fired :flame:

Mayfield 42
CAL 21
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I feel this game can go either way but, I have to go with my cards. After watching CAL take us apart last year they could very well do it again this year. The only difference this year is we don't have the one go to guy that if they stop we lose they have to stop 11 well 12. Has CAL ever played at War Memorial and been in this environment? Whoever wins this game I feel will win the title because while we are over here beating each other up and playing football Danville is in the other bracket tip toeing through the tulips being told how great they are and wont be ready for either of us. Cant Wait Go Cards

Mayfield 24
Cal 13

No, CAL has never been here. I don't think they have ever played in a place like War Memorial. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure they have had their top dollar selves on grass this year. They are however, the only team that I know of that is undefeated against the Cards at 1-0. I look for it to even up at 1-1 Friday. I suspect the score is going to be something like 30-9 in favor of the Cards.
CAL is a cocky bunch. They will come in and instead of running to their side of the field they will run and jump on your midfield logo. DeSales moved out and stood on ours to protect it. They are tough defensively. We lost our super soph Watkins in the first quarter, and then out starting qb at the start of the third. Milton Wright is the key. Stop him and you can win . If not it might be a long night.
Well stomping on the logo is very Christian like of them makes me wonder what type of beliefs that school teaches LMBO. I guess the water boys momma was correct when she said football was the devil lol I'll drop the Mic now
In watching video, I have noticed a few things. Some of which I won't mention to tip our hat so to speak. First, the Colts continuously kicked high pooch kicks in the direction of Wright. It's a wonder they did have more returned. Second, same as I remember from last year, qb on the run means throw in the dirt. Third, more optimistic after watching this film.
CS17 Wrote:CAL travels 3.5 hours to War Memorial to take on the Mayfield Cardinal in a rematch of last years semi-finals! Thoughts and predictions??

Mayfield: 28
CAL: 24

CAL has their QB back and Wright is back playing where he is most dangerous. Mayfield is clicking on offense with a stout defense to match... I think this one will be an instant classic!

If I was on the CAL coaching staff, I would go the night before and stay in a hotel, if the school will fund it. But I definitely would head for Mayfield at 8 in the morning. So the long trip doesn't effect their play.
I hope CAL isn't in town until Fri. Otherwise, MF players will have to do the 'defend the stadium' thing like they do Graves week instead of enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with their families. I hear CAL players like to deface logos and such.
CAL 20
Mayfield 17
Long bus ride

MHS has only lost 1 game at home since the start of the 2009 season.

MHS has never lost when wearing black.

MHS has revenge on their minds.
Cal 49-14
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I feel this game can go either way but, I have to go with my cards. After watching CAL take us apart last year they could very well do it again this year. The only difference this year is we don't have the one go to guy that if they stop we lose they have to stop 11 well 12. Has CAL ever played at War Memorial and been in this environment? Whoever wins this game I feel will win the title because while we are over here beating each other up and playing football Danville is in the other bracket tip toeing through the tulips being told how great they are and wont be ready for either of us. Cant Wait Go Cards

Mayfield 24
Cal 13

Danville will smoke either team :flame:
So much has been made about our defense this year. I just did the math. If you check what they have given up as a total this year, it averages out to 15 points per game. However, if you average out what the varsity gave up, it's really only 8 points per game. I think the coaches will have a great game plan and it will take a Herculean effort by CAL to get past the Cards.
pjdoug Wrote:Danville will smoke either team :flame:
Neither of these teams will be smoked by Danville. Same old story Danville greatest than they play someone and its not as easy as they thought. I saw some of the highlights shown on another site by the guy with the fish guys wide open catching passes running for TDS that is what will not happen against Cal or Mayfield. I predict another heatbreaker for big Dan just dont know who is going to do it yet but, good luck to everyone and if we lose so be it?
I personally can't wait to see Danville slice through either of these teams. Ads gonna dice 'em up!
Really don't like that MF hasn't been pushed competitively in a month plus. Two great teams. Comes down to who has the focus. Who likes getting punched in the mouth and getting back up the most. Honestly I don't think today's kids are affected by tradition and mystic. CAL has the mental edge. They beat the powerful Cards last year. But a quick 14 point lead and that environment can erase that by halftime. Wanting to witness Mayfield's Revenge. Either way this could be epic.
I watched the film and that CAL defense is legit. Wright is a beast and will beat us if we aren't careful. There was chatter about the plan for Wright last week and I liked what I was hearing. It was outside the box a little, so maybe it was just talk and won't be what we see come Fri.

Offensively, MF has to stay balanced and be patient. I think sometimes MF gets spoiled by the games where they get 20+ yards a play. You're not going to gash that defense for mega yards every time you run the ball. A 3 or 4 yard rush doesn't mean you're getting stuffed and need to abandon the run entirely. Don't be greedy. Just stay balanced, keep them honest and execute and offensively MF will be fine.

MF needs a draw in special teams. I think they are better in the other two phases by slight margins. If they can keep special teams to a wash, I really like MF's chances.

Mayfield 24
Cal 13

They may be tip toeing now but the Ville will be taking boot to #*# come championship game.
Talk about a walk through the tulips. Who has Mayfield played since Corbin. They have won their last 7 games by 45 per game. Mayfield protects home field and wins by 3.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:Neither of these teams will be smoked by Danville. Same old story Danville greatest than they play someone and its not as easy as they thought. I saw some of the highlights shown on another site by the guy with the fish guys wide open catching passes running for TDS that is what will not happen against Cal or Mayfield. I predict another heatbreaker for big Dan just dont know who is going to do it yet but, good luck to everyone and if we lose so be it?

Admirals will thoroughly smoke either. if your team makes it that far I will have your crow ready for you.
This should be a great game. IMO, CAL will be a slight favorite. They have a Milton Wright and Mayfield doesn't. I do think Mayfield presents the best offensive team that CAL has played although E'Town is similar and they held them to just 9 points. I think Mayfield can score points against the D. They scored 24 against them last year and last years CAL D was pretty salty, too.. Mayfield's D against the run has been pretty solid all year, but, have been suspect against the pass. CAL likes running it down your throat but can throw it some, as well. Mayfield will have to stop Wright from beating them on his own. He's going to get his, but, they need to keep him from big playing them. I do see Mayfield being able to put up 21-28 points. It'll come down to how they manage to contain CALs offense..
pjdoug Wrote:Admirals will thoroughly smoke either. if your team makes it that far I will have your crow ready for you.

Sounds like a win either way for me. I want Mayfield to win, but i love smoked bird.
pjdoug Wrote:Cal 49-14

PJ, I got your voicemail. I tried calling you back a couple of times, but I guess you were busy with your other team's post-season banquet and all.

Anyways, to answer your questions: the traditional Thanksgiving day practice that's open to the public will be Thurs at 9:00 am. Several of the kids will be having dinner at my house that night, so yes you will have a chance to meet them. Not sure what time we will start tailgating Fri, but don't worry, I won't let you miss it. Ok then, I'll see you Thurs. Be safe in your travels west.
Apparently KHSAA and CAL have something to tell all of us. They have this playoff rigged. It seems the remainder of CAL's schedule has been written. They play Mayfield Friday and Danville on the 2nd. If you find that hard to believe, Google hudl Christian Academy of Louisville. Once you get their hudl account, click on their schedule. It clearly shows their schedule as I stated.
pjdoug Wrote:Admirals will thoroughly smoke either. if your team makes it that far I will have your crow ready for you.

Crow eating goes both ways.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Sounds like a win either way for me. I want Mayfield to win, but i love smoked bird.

especially smoked cardinal Confusednicker: