Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: JBS 67 Powell Co. 55
Final
Congrats JBS
congrats JBS, nice job Powell, way to keep up with them. I see powell as a dangerous force next year in the 14th
JBS played as bad as I have seen them play. Problem was Powell played even worse. If either team would have played Breathitt tonight, BHS would win double figures. And as far as Powell being a force next year, I dont really see that happening, their JV was awful.
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:congrats JBS, nice job Powell, way to keep up with them. I see powell as a dangerous force next year in the 14th

I think Powell graduates 11 seniors
JBS showed the true team that I know they are tonight. I was soo proud of each and every one of them. This is the way that I know our boys can play, and if we keep it up, we could definitely make some noise in the rest of this tournament. Congratulations boys! You all played great tonight! Let's get ready for Breathitt!
Tate carried them tonight! GREAT ATMOSPHERE!!
Great team win for JBS... Both teams pobably shot worse tonight than they did all year. Not a good offensive game for either team but the defense was outstanding. Don't know the stats but Collins probably had a double double in blocks and rebounds. Short kid had big defensive and offensive night as well!
Congrats jbs
hollister_42 Wrote:JBS showed the true team that I know they are tonight. I was soo proud of each and every one of them. This is the way that I know our boys can play, and if we keep it up, we could definitely make some noise in the rest of this tournament. Congratulations boys! You all played great tonight! Let's get ready for Breathitt!
If thats the true team then they're in trouble Monday...they looked awful and flat no intensity couldnt buy a shot
NightFlier Wrote:If thats the true team then they're in trouble monday...they looked awful and flat no intensity couldnt buy a shot

Scoreboard...Scoreboard...Scoreboard...Like all the Knott Central people holler, a win is a win. Smile
hollister_42 Wrote:Scoreboard...Scoreboard...Scoreboard...Like all the Knott Central people holler, a win is a win. Smile

Buddy calm down he was just saying. And I just about agree with him.
Good call on Romans stopping JBS. JBS is good but I cant stand Clint Stepp. He can not play defense and surely cant shoot. How many 3's did he shoot tonight?
I dont know. Romans is a power house though.. He was on the ground an dropped a JBS feller easliy...pretty wild.. Cox,Short played well...Powell just came up A bit short.
Everyone like the atmosphere tonight? I know the fans sitting on the same section is a problem, but besides that how did everyone like it?
Tough loss for the Pirates because they had 11 seniors, but nice job and season........Congrats JBS,Tate deff carried you guys to the W tonight and Trey Short hit some big shots down the strech also in the 4th quarter.
The game was good I thought. Bad officiating I thought but it wasn't for one team, the refs just wasn't at their best. It was like that in both games in case you wasn't there. The only thing I didn't like was Coach Stepp goon player as Don Chaney would speak of and thats what #42 of JBS was. #42 for JBS came with only one purpose and that was to get Ryan Romans out of the game. He almost succeeded but would've been packing a major, major, beatdown if the referee didn't save his life. Both guys should've got technicals like they did but Coach Stepp shoulda got one or thrown out of the game. Thats low. Other than that it was a good game, Tate Cox led JBS to a win, not Stepp.
yeah #42 about got took out lol
What did #42 (Brent Hall) do?
If it hadn't been for Tate Cox tonight the Stepps would be sitting home crying right now. It's about time they realize that Tate is the BEST player on their team. Clark couldn't hit water from a boat. Good job Tate and good game Powell.
hahahahahahahaha
How old is Romans???? 33? 34 ?
Woo Wee Wrote:How old is Romans???? 33? 34 ?

17 fixing to turn 18
NightFlier Wrote:JBS played as bad as I have seen them play. Problem was Powell played even worse. If either team would have played Breathitt tonight, BHS would win double figures. And as far as Powell being a force next year, i dont really see that happening, their JV was awful.

Dont doubt what Coach Lively will bring out of these kids. The athletes and skill is there. Tough loss for the Powell seniors. They were successful this year and now they pass the torch down to the underclassmen.
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:congrats JBS, nice job Powell, way to keep up with them. I see powell as a dangerous force next year in the 14th
you think a 12 point win is keeping up? They lose 11 seniors, so who is going to make them a force?
NightFlier Wrote:JBS played as bad as I have seen them play. Problem was Powell played even worse. If either team would have played Breathitt tonight, BHS would win double figures. And as far as Powell being a force next year, i dont really see that happening, their JV was awful.
JBS played good tonight and so did Powell. Don't knock their 12 point win. I didn't think Breathitt played so good, Just depends on who you are rooting for.
Woo Wee Wrote:How old is Romans???? 33? 34 ?
Romans is 17 buddy
Yeah right. Both teams played well. JBS just played team ball for a change. If they continue to play team ball they will be tough and you know it. Congrats Crusaders.
I got one thing to say...them refs blowed on both sides....mostly against Powell.....the ref completely saved #42 's life.....Romans was about to lay him out but #42 started it....Powell played horrible...just came out cold and the 12 point margin dont seem right...Powell was only down 1 with like 3 min to go but couldnt pull it out......Tate Cox is the best player at JBS end of discussion...
NightFlier Wrote:If thats the true team then they're in trouble monday...they looked awful and flat no intensity couldnt buy a shot
Cox had 25 , Step had 20. Short was in double figures. Collins had 10 blocksPlus 6 points. If thats bad, I can't wait till they play good' They are playing team ball. I guess they have pulled it together.