Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AA Regional Championship: CAL @ Desales 11/17
Christian Academy travels to Desales with the regional title on the line! Desales won the regular season match up 21-3... both teams are solid this year and have a legitimate shot at the 2A title... predictions???

:popcorn:
I see it about the same way as the first time. I was at that game. The game is not won by flash. The game is won at the line of scrimmage. That is exactly where the Colts beat them up.
I was trying to decide between going to this game and the Central v Belfry... still trying to figure out which one will be the better game
Both have solid defenses. It will come down to turnovers.
Two privates going at it. I wish they could both lose.
Cal have Carr back?if so wright can go back to his position and be a game changer may be a different outcome this time around.
Desales 28
CAL 17

:popcorn:
Desales 7-0 vs top 7000
2-0 vs top 2000

CAL 7-2
2-1
Kracken Wrote:Two privates going at it. I wish they could both lose.

Awwww. Has a private school hurt your feelings? Hopefully we'll have 3 Private school champs.
If your talking about cal hurting mayfield feelings I don't think so the difference between mayfield and them is we know we will be back fighting for a good ball but will they mayfield has proven there self for years as for cal are they a one hit wonder or will they continue to be a so called power house that's to be continued lol
ColtPride Wrote:Awwww. Has a private school hurt your feelings? Hopefully we'll have 3 Private school champs.

3 private champs would mean 3 public champs. Would seem pretty even to me.

Hurt feelings? Lol, your kidding. How many titles do Cal and DeSales have combined?
Not gonna talk for CAL. However. How many titles would Mayfield have if they would have played in 4a Jefferson County for most of their existence? Safe to say probably none.
DeSales by 7
28-10 Desales
Naw Cal and Desales have taken the trinity and St.X route. They going to be good for a longtime because they both investing in athletics more. I can say the only straight shooter private school football in louisville is Holy Cross and maybe KCD. Because any private school can give an “academic” schalorship to the best players. And the KHSAA can’t do nothing about it.
cavery59 Wrote:Naw Cal and Desales have taken the trinity and St.X route. They going to be good for a longtime because they both investing in athletics more. I can say the only straight shooter private school football in louisville is Holy Cross and maybe KCD. Because any private school can give an “academic” schalorship to the best players. And the KHSAA can’t do nothing about it.

as someone who went to, played, and now supports a public school... what does it matter? if they recruit, awesome... it makes a win taste better. If they aren't a straight shooter... get better and beat them. If they are "going to be good for a long time" then you need to work hard as a team to "be good" and beat them.
ColtPride Wrote:Not gonna talk for CAL. However. How many titles would Mayfield have if they would have played in 4a Jefferson County for most of their existence? Safe to say probably none.

I think that is about as weak a come back as could be. A school that can legally recruit complaining they have to face other big schools. And your answer is incorrect. I do recall, 78' I think it was, MHS not only won a title but finished ranked #1 in the state and I think in the top 25 in the nation.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think that is about as weak a come back as could be. A school that can legally recruit complaining they have to face other big schools. And your answer is incorrect. I do recall, 78' I think it was, MHS not only won a title but finished ranked #1 in the state and I think in the top 25 in the nation.

Legally recruit? What does that even mean? You wouldn't have beaten St X in 78' You love to throw out that "R" word.
I pick Desales in a close one there defense is far to strong :muscleman:muscleman Desales 21-14
I think the 2A State Champ will be from the East.🤣
Honestly , I hope CAL wins... revenge is going to taste sweet... .. but then again if desales wins it's nice having that Mystique over someone like we do beechwood.. maybe this will be the start of it in 2a.. same feeling Danville gave us for years..
Guess I'd give desales the edge.. but with cals qb back it might just be all the difference.. 27-17 CAL
ontopofthewest Wrote:Honestly , I hope CAL wins... revenge is going to taste sweet... .. but then again if desales wins it's nice having that Mystique over someone like we do beechwood.. maybe this will be the start of it in 2a.. same feeling Danville gave us for years..
Guess I'd give desales the edge.. but with cals qb back it might just be all the difference.. 27-17 CAL

I know the kids are really hoping it's CAL. They will be disappointed if they don't get a chance at that rematch.
Having Carr back does make a big difference. It frees Wright up to play his natural positions. This is a rivalry game, so both teams will get eachother's best shot. It will come down to turnovers.
ColtPride Wrote:Legally recruit? What does that even mean? You wouldn't have beaten St X in 78' You love to throw out that "R" word.

You know exactly what that means. It's just like the tailgaters at CAL told our fans last year before the game. They told our fans, the reason they have that great junior class of this year is because they started roaming the halls of some different schools. You know, come see our facilities and we will see just how affordable it can be for you.
mysonis55 Wrote:You know exactly what that means. It's just like the tailgaters at CAL told our fans last year before the game. They told our fans, the reason they have that great junior class of this year is because they started roaming the halls of some different schools. You know, come see our facilities and we will see just how affordable it can be for you.

That's a nice story. lol
pulling for desales as long as coach scroggins is there. hope we can get a series with them in 2 years
I have to go with the Colts. Win one more for departing President Strothman!
DeSales by 14
[Image: http://bluegrasspreps.com/attachment.php...1510534969]

I think our guys are up for the challenge that's in front of them..
ColtPride Wrote:[Image: http://bluegrasspreps.com/attachment.php...1510534969]

I think our guys are up for the challenge that's in front of them..

DeSales 2017 2A STATE CHAMPS