Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands
Rumors can be rumors. I heard the name of Wolfe. Males coach
Highlands needs to make a change. This proud program is in a death spiral towards mediocrity.
Worst coach ever at Highlands. Eicher lost 13 in 4 years. This guy 20 in 3 years. Duffy right behind them
I don't know much about coaches in that area. Would Wolfe be a good choice?
The talent pool is getting deeper in Fort Thomas. Next year should be better than this, and the year after that, better still. That said, if the talent is not used on both sides of the ball, there still is not enough to get back to previous standards. Coach W needs to swallow his pride and admit that platooning is not working and play the players who can play.
Wolfe is Louisville Male coach. I think he went to Highlands. I think coming from a school that has so many good athletes. Would play his best athletes. He probably right now has the athletes to platoon. Once he sees what the talent level is. He would play kids both ways. Conditioning would be the key. Not seeing how fast you can run 10 yards.
The powers that be in Ft. Thomas can probably go get who ever they want, everyone is ready to crown the guy in Park Hills the greatest coach alive, go get him. Only kidding, he is loaded with talent and would Coach W is a better x's & o's guy.
Eviston is the real deal. I knew CovCath would be a force to be reckoned with as soon as they announced the hire. The fact that it coincided with the darkest days of Highlands history just accentuated things.
Wallyum Wrote:Eviston is the real deal. I knew CovCath would be a force to be reckoned with as soon as they announced the hire. The fact that it coincided with the darkest days of Highlands history just accentuated things.

He's an average coach with stellar talent.
So Cov Cath says we only need an average coach? Really? He does have good players. But knows how to use them. I knew him personally. When I saw they hired him. I said Cov Cath will be back.
bo67 Wrote:Wolfe is Louisville Male coach. I think he went to Highlands. I think coming from a school that has so many good athletes. Would play his best athletes. He probably right now has the athletes to platoon. Once he sees what the talent level is. He would play kids both ways. Conditioning would be the key. Not seeing how fast you can run 10 yards.

I keep waiting for Highlands to call home their alumnus Wolfe. :worthy:
I wonder if Wolfe would want to leave a program he has built into a powerhouse to come to another rebuild project. Highlands has the coaching pieces it needs, they just need to plug them in the right places. KS, needs to be elevated to the Offensive coordinator position and one of several on staff needs to become the motivating force in the locker room and on the sidelines.
JustADad Wrote:I wonder if Wolfe would want to leave a program he has built into a powerhouse to come to another rebuild project. Highlands has the coaching pieces it needs, they just need to plug them in the right places. KS, needs to be elevated to the Offensive coordinator position and one of several on staff needs to become the motivating force in the locker room and on the sidelines.

From what I have been told, there is not motivating force w/this coaching staff. There may be someone on the staff who could be, but they currently are not is what I hear.
It would be a lateral coaching move at best. Why would he want to rebuild a program and listen to a bunch of know it all former players complain all the time.
It’s not rocket science. This coaching staff will not change anything. That’s the problem. People who didn’t even go to Highlands even understand and see it
Nky guru Wrote:It would be a lateral coaching move at best. Why would he want to rebuild a program and listen to a bunch of know it all former players complain all the time.

What a breath of fresh air to see logic applied.
Here is the best way that I can put it in terms for everyone to understand. The issue here is not wins and losses, rather it is the direction of the program. BW is a good football coach and I think that he has proven that. The difference to me is that Dale was "all-in" and I just do not think that BW is there nor will he be there.

The biggest issue to me however is the unwillingness to get away from the 2-platoon system when it is obvious that there is not sufficient depth on the roster to allow that to happen, at least up to this point in time.

The game on Friday reminded me so much of the playoff game two years ago against Pulaski County. If my season is on the line and I am getting gauged at the point of attack, then I am going to go down swinging and Mike Dunn and Trent Johnson are going to be playing on the defensive line, period end of story.
So he knows Xs and Os with no commons sense? To not see since 2015 you are not going to be competitive platooning. Then I question his coaching ability.
Nky guru Wrote:It would be a lateral coaching move at best. Why would he want to rebuild a program and listen to a bunch of know it all former players complain all the time.

We do have a couple of those around here, don't we? I think that's something you're going to run into at every school, just some more than others.
Cakebattermatters Wrote:The powers that be in Ft. Thomas can probably go get who ever they want, everyone is ready to crown the guy in Park Hills the greatest coach alive, go get him. Only kidding, he is loaded with talent and would Coach W is a better x's & o's guy.

That's really funny. You are consistently amusing.
Cakebattermatters Wrote:He's an average coach with stellar talent.

Yes Cov Cath has stellar talent. That said....you really don't understand the game of football do you?
Woodsman Wrote:Yes Cov Cath has stellar talent. That said....you really don't understand the game of football do you?

Oh my that's funny, I was once a legend on the field I wonder if you even played football?
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Oh my that's funny, I was once a legend on the field I wonder if you even played football?

That is so sad that you actually typed that comment out. I'm seriously embarrassed for you.
Woodsman Wrote:That is so sad that you actually typed that comment out. I'm seriously embarrassed for you.

Don't you dare start with me little man Woody.
Woodsman Wrote:That is so sad that you actually typed that comment out. I'm seriously embarrassed for you.

Woody, you are all show and no go. I was known as the Big Bird's Road Grader and I would mow over guys like you anytime in route to scoring touchdowns. When you close your eyes that's the color you see when I roll thru Wooten Field for those lame day games.
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Woody, you are all show and no go. I was known as the Big Bird's Road Grader and I would mow over guys like you anytime in route to scoring touchdowns. When you close your eyes that's the color you see when I roll thru Wooten Field for those lame day games.

Wow! Your false sense of bravado implies that you were incessantly picked on as a child. It wasn't entirely your fault buddy. Let it go.
Woodsman Wrote:Wow! Your false sense of bravado implies that you were incessantly picked on as a child. It wasn't entirely your fault buddy. Let it go.

Grow up billybully!
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Oh my that's funny, I was once a legend on the field I wonder if you even played football?

I have found the ones who do not go around trying to brag about how good they where are usually the true good/great athletes, and those that need to brag about how great they where usually have an over inflated perception of how good they really where.
sstack Wrote:I have found the ones who do not go around trying to brag about how good they where are usually the true good/great athletes, and those that need to brag about how great they where usually have an over inflated perception of how good they really where.

I was a legend buddy!
Legend - an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field, sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated.

To say "I was a legend" would imply that you are no longer of any significance. Wouldn't the proper statement be "I am a legend", at which point I see this :

If you were well known at the time but a distant memory now, legend is not the word you are looking for.

:biglmao: