Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenario
Your head coach has just left and you have any coach in the mountains to choose from. Who do you take?
Gut with 64SUR as offensive coordinator.
Phillip Haywood or Joe Chirico.
Joe Chirico. He's young but has a lot of experience, and kids really buy into him. He gets the most out of his players, and creates a brand wherever he goes.
Nobody but Haywood
E's Army Wrote:Gut with 64SUR as offensive coordinator.

I agree with that assessment. Gut is an outstanding Xs and Os guy.
It's always 6 For Sur with that guy.
MountainBall44 Wrote:Phillip Haywood or Joe Chirico.

That’s not fair to Chirico lol Haywood is the Legend of the Mountains
Haddix no question.

All the legends of the mountains are too close to retiring and will have little desire to build. This is about hiring a new coach, not just for one game or one season.
king360 Wrote:Your head coach has just left and you have any coach in the mountains to choose from. Who do you take?

I'll take one from East Tennessee.
I’m either going mark Dixon or Justin haddix no question. Someone who’s going to be around for a while and is interested in building a team and winning!
swampdonkey Wrote:Joe Chirico. He's young but has a lot of experience, and kids really buy into him. He gets the most out of his players, and creates a brand wherever he goes.

Seems to be a great coach. Will build a program that kids will diffently want the play for and transfer into.
I'm thinking Mark Stoops..........middle school coach :igiveup:
David Jones. Decades of great leadership and championships to come for him.
64SUR Wrote:I'm thinking Mark Stoops..........middle school coach :igiveup:

I wouldn't even ask stoops to provide directions to the stadium.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:David Jones. Decades of great leadership and championships to come for him.

Will jones take over at belfry when haywoods done?
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:David Jones. Decades of great leadership and championships to come for him.

:zzz:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Will jones take over at belfry when haywoods done?

I wonder the same thing, it would be a great choice IMO.
pjdoug Wrote::zzz:

Or it does say "mountains" so i guess i could take Dave Walker from Martinsburg in "the mountain state".
Haywood doesn't have many good coaching years left in him... Jones getting shot recently makes me wanna shy away from him... Not sure who I would go with, but if I had to pick it would be Chirico
Shawn Thompson is close enough Smile
Justin haddix or a really good coach that does a good job forget his name but coaches Williamsburg he does a great job with this little school
knox fan Wrote:Justin haddix or a really good coach that does a good job forget his name but coaches Williamsburg he does a great job with this little school
Jerry Herron is another good one but he probably wont leave Williamsburg and stay long enough to build a program.
Dudley Hilton will be the next coach at this Hypothetical High School. You heard it here first.

No.

Not a snowballs chance in you know where
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Not a snowballs chance in you know where

Is there already a coach in waiting there?
I'm sure Belfry fans have an ideal of who the next coach is going to be but it rarely gets talked about in here....
Just how old is Coach Haywood? He has been head coach at Belfry for as long as I can remember, and I’m getting some mileage on me now. Does he still teach, or is he retired from that and just coaching?
No Matney love?
Mark Dixon and Justin Haddix.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Is there already a coach in waiting there?
I'm sure Belfry fans have an ideal of who the next coach is going to be but it rarely gets talked about in here....

No definite coach in waiting, but a favorite for the job would be a current staff member IMO. I believe coach is 64 if I am not mistaken and this is his 34th year at Belfry. His record at Belfry is 354-99.