Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 24 Whitley County 20
zaga_fan Wrote:This one was fun to call on the radio.

Y'all Whitley County fans can get downright mean lol

"We just want everyone to know we are not responsible for the words of the Whitley County fans." Confusednicker:
bac2369 Wrote:Who calls the plays for Whitley?

Pretty sure it's whoever has the most TDs in the 4th grade elementary league
Granny, 64SUR, Gut, and others did an excellent job with the updates last night. Greatly appreciated!
Congrats to Hazard. Great game.
Great game ! Congrats Dawgs , love it when 1A beats a 5A !
Great game Dawgs ! Another 5A bites the dust !!
zaga_fan Wrote:This one was fun to call on the radio.

Y'all Whitley County fans can get downright mean lol
If those controversial calls happened in Harlan County, we would've been threatening the officials families!!
Confusednicker:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pretty sure it's whoever has the most TDs in the 4th grade elementary league

Actually, it was the defense IMO that cost the game. If Whitley had played defense in he first half like it did in the second half, it MAY have been a different outcome.

Easy Wind Wrote:Granny, 64SUR, Gut, and others did an excellent job with the updates last night. Greatly appreciated!

E's Army too. That was great fun. I was a few seconds behind everybody thanks to Zaga's slow radio broadcast, SUR and E's Army always had some interesting perspectives and Gut would chime in every now and then with some frustrated comment or two.
I had a wonderful time!!
This game was just as I predicted it would be. One team with a four point lead, and the other charging down the field just to have time expire. This was a great contest and I have much respect to both programs.

Sounded like there might have been some injuries last night, and I sure hope those kids recover quickly!

So great job Colonels, and congratulations to the Hazard Bulldogs!!

Games like this is why I love high school football so much!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be honest, if they come out ready to play I think Perry would give Hazard just as good of a game as Whitley did.
Depends on which Perry shows up, and how.many players they have ejected Confusednicker:

It'd be a good one, but it'd be a blowout for Perry if they had half of their senior class back.
Dawgs win this 5A District for the 15th year in a row.
Congrats to Hazard...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Dawgs win this 5A District for the 15th year in a row.

It's funny you think that's an accomplishment
I got to looking back at the updates. I must add that I think Whitley is suited for a hurry up offense. I hope they will use it come playoff time.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Dawgs win this 5A District for the 15th year in a row.

Maybe the last three or four anyway.
District 8 won the region three or four times from 2009 to 2012.
I think the Whitley County turnovers killed them.
Three in the second half including the game-sealing interception.
HCS Wrote:Maybe the last three or four anyway.
District 8 won the region three or four times from 2009 to 2012.

From 07 when the alignment changed happened, there has been a lot of year Hazard would have been luck to make playoffs in that district
What would have happen if Perry had kept all the players that are at Hazard 7 or 8 Starters. Perry would be pretty good in 5A.
Hazard Defense like I said was the best Whitley had play since week 1. Defense wins Championships. A lot of coaches like to coach offense. But Defense is the key.
7 or 8 starters?

With the Smith twins out for season, Hazard only starts 2 maybe 3 kids from the county right now (Braxton Whitaker and Austin Combs), I think the Adams kid is a part time starter on offense line.

Perry would obviously be a very good team with the healthy Smith twins and the above mentioned kids, but this whole big thing about Hazard taking there players and Hazard cant win with there own players has got old.

I am confident all kinds of schools in mountains have kids on there teams that did not play grade school for them, it is just how things are now, bottom line it is a player and there parents decision on where they attend school.

Perry and Hazard both have had good seasons, wish them both the best in playoffs.
hoghead Wrote:What would have happen if Perry had kept all the players that are at Hazard 7 or 8 Starters. Perry would be pretty good in 5A.

That's almost every county school in the state though.
If all the kids that went to Corbin and Williamsburg but lived outside city limits played for Whitley then there would have been a running clock last night.

Can't complain when Whitley agrees to a reciprocal agreement with those schools. It's there own fault.
VICTORY FORMATION Wrote:7 or 8 starters?

With the Smith twins out for season, Hazard only starts 2 maybe 3 kids from the county right now (Braxton Whitaker and Austin Combs), I think the Adams kid is a part time starter on offense line.

Perry would obviously be a very good team with the healthy Smith twins and the above mentioned kids, but this whole big thing about Hazard taking there players and Hazard cant win with there own players has got old.

I am confident all kinds of schools in mountains have kids on there teams that did not play grade school for them, it is just how things are now, bottom line it is a player and there parents decision on where they attend school.

Perry and Hazard both have had good seasons, wish them both the best in playoffs.

In all fairness though, what does the odds look like for hazard winning a title with those kids compared to without them?
Hazard odds would be much greater with them
Without, they are very vulnerable.
Those 4 players alone, added with what Perry already has, probably wins the district this year and give SW all they want in the region title game....
Braxton Whitaker and the Adams kid have been there since freshman year. The smiths come late freshmen year and Austin combs come last year.

I believe the Hill kids on PCC team came from Hazard.

I'm rooting for Perry they got awesome kids I hope they beat Southwestern next week.
I believe the brown kid played at hazard too.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In all fairness though, what does the odds look like for hazard winning a title with those kids compared to without them?
Hazard odds would be much greater with them
Without, they are very vulnerable.
Those 4 players alone, added with what Perry already has, probably wins the district this year and give SW all they want in the region title game....

That is exactly the conversation we were in on the other night regarding the Laurel County school system. With what North Laurel has tack on 4 of South Laurel's best players, they would give SW or anyone else all they wanted! NL may well do it all by themselves anyway!? That being said with more than one high school in a county this goes on all over. Hate they had to divide these counties and have more schools personally because of football teams, but understand why because of being over crowded with people moving in to the areas. Double edged sword.
The transfer nonsense never stops. Would you all like me to explain why football players leave Perry and come to Hazard?
mikehancho25 Wrote:The transfer nonsense never stops. Would you all like me to explain why football players leave Perry and come to Hazard?

No. I think we've got a pretty good ideal as to why. The question is fantasy but this is a discussion board so....
mikehancho25 Wrote:The transfer nonsense never stops. Would you all like me to explain why football players leave Perry and come to Hazard?

We all know why.
bac2369 Wrote:Whitley can still win district with a Bell County win and PCC win.

the PCC game wont do nothing. WC, NL, and HC all 3 beat PCC.
cj2561 Wrote:the PCC game wont do nothing. WC, NL, and HC all 3 beat PCC.

It's about keeping NL from getting a point.
If pburg wins then North gets another point since they beat them. If PCC wins they cancel each other out
This district in 5A is not good, enough said