Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 87 Phelps 59
Saw it on the KHSAA website and no one had posted it yet.

Congrats Rebels!!
Ryan Collins had 37 on 14/17 shooting, or something like that. AC pretty much hit everything they threw up and on the other hand Phelps couldn't buy a basketball. ACs Playing some good basketball right now.
They got out rebounded by Phelps.

If they cannot out rebound Phelps they have 0% chance of beating anyone else in the tourney
Thats the way it looks, they got the best draw possible with Phelps, but now its time for business.
good win Ac
Moe Wrote:Phelps couldn't buy a basketball.

I'm pretty sure they can get a good one at wal mart for about 20 bucks.
Nice shooting AC bad defense Phelps lol, never seen so many open threes in my life but I give credit to AC they were hot tonight, glad they got that hot game out of the way lol.
Congrats to AC and good luck againts Pikeville or MC
Allen Central has been playing as well as anyone from what I have seen lately. They appear to be playing with alot of confidence.
NEXT Wrote:They got out rebounded by Phelps.

If they cannot out rebound Phelps they have 0% chance of beating anyone else in the tourney

AC hasn't rebounded well most of the season. Most of their scoring comes from steals/deflections and fast breaks.

Ryan Collins was on fire last night. The best game I think I've ever seen him play. AC had about a 14 point lead in the first half and let Phelps sneak back in and bring it to within 4 at the half. The Rebels got the job done in the second half though.

Phelps has some talented players- Charlie Hunt especially. I'd read the many threads on his accident last year. And saw a story on WYMT this year on his recovery. With determination like that- he'll go places in life.

Congrats to AC on the win. Get ready for Friday boys- we want another one. GO REBELS!!
:letsparty
Congrats AC! They played a near perfect game and Ryan played his best game ever with 37 points! WTG guys.
NEXT Wrote:They got out rebounded by Phelps.

I wouldn't say that they have a 0% chance of beating anyone else in the tournament, but I agree that they have to rebound...

Allen Central had 25 boards while Phelps pulled down 23 OFFENSIVE BOARDS and 41 total rebounds!!! No excuse.

Yes, the Rebels won big, but I would ask Rebel fans how many games they have seen this season where their team has shot 65% from the field for the game? Gotta go to the glass.

Nevertheless congrats the AC, great win and as for the shooting, in two years of covering games at the expo center, I haven't seen a team that stroked the ball any better than the Rebels did, they love the Expo Center!

I don't know what Ryan Collins did or ate yesterday, but he needs to do the same thing Friday - eat the same food, wear the same boxers and socks, talk to the same people!!! Congrats Ryan, you had a night to remember. I hope someone taped the game for you tonight on the replay so you can watch the game when you're having a bad day down the road because it'll always make you feel better. Good job buddy.

GO REBELS...:Thumbs: Johnny Martin Magic is in the air!!!
Congrats AC
Congrats AC!

#14 had a tremedous game
Lawrence Wrote:I'm pretty sure they can get a good one at wal mart for about 20 bucks.
LOL, your right. The word I was looking for was basket.Smile

I like that though, good oneBig Grin
bring that flag friday last i checked David was not in the tourney.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I wouldn't say that they have a 0% chance of beating anyone else in the tournament, but I agree that they have to rebound...

Allen Central had 25 boards while Phelps pulled down 23 OFFENSIVE BOARDS and 41 total rebounds!!! No excuse.

Yes, the Rebels won big, but I would ask Rebel fans how many games they have seen this season where their team has shot 65% from the field for the game? Gotta go to the glass.

Nevertheless congrats the AC, great win and as for the shooting, in two years of covering games at the expo center, I haven't seen a team that stroked the ball any better than the Rebels did, they love the Expo Center!

I don't know what Ryan Collins did or ate yesterday, but he needs to do the same thing Friday - eat the same food, wear the same boxers and socks, talk to the same people!!! Congrats Ryan, you had a night to remember. I hope someone taped the game for you tonight on the replay so you can watch the game when you're having a bad day down the road because it'll always make you feel better. Good job buddy.

GO REBELS...:Thumbs: Johnny Martin Magic is in the air!!!
Jammin' Jamie, I yhink Ryans been eating his Wheaties, He's got a Photo shoot scheduled for the front of the wheaties Box after last nights performance.
Congrats, Central, on the win! Ryan Collins certainly had himself a night to remember...37 points! But if the Rebels are going to have a chance at making it to State, they MUST rebound the basketball. IMO, Allen Central plays best when they're running and scoring easy, open baskets in transition. And the way to get those open lay-ups and uncontested jump shots is to rebound and push it up the court. Phelps' defense wasn't very solid, and AC got some open looks in the half-court game. But I'm about certain the Magoffin/Pikeville winner won't let the Rebels get away with so many open shots in the half-court set. They need to hit the boards and push the ball. That's when they play their best. But nonetheless, a win is a win, and they were clicking on all cylinders. I heard on WMDJ after the game that Alex Hammonds had a double-double...10 points, 11 assists. That's impressive in itself, as well as Collins' 37 point performance. Central is HOTT right now, fellas, and they couldn't have picked a better time to start sizzling.
Congrats AC
I thought the Rebels played a very good game. Congrats to Collins he was lights out and Hammonds as usual was a great floor general. The press was working and got several easy baskets of steals. As for the rebounding, they need to pick it up a lot of the defensive boards and not allow so many second chance points because Magoffin or Pikeville will make them pay. I think their press and 1-3-1 had them so spread out playing D they could not rebound as weel but made up for it in turnovers and easy baskets. And when you shoot 65% there aren't a lot of offensive boards to get. Keep up the Runnin Rebs.

By the way don't know if anyone noticed but the PA guy Jones never called AC the Rebels he only said Rebs. I didn't really care for the games he called last year because he did not keep up with the game forgetting to name players when they made baskets or checked in the game and his voice was so deep you could not here what he said most of the time. The same in the games he called this year so far too. He has a great radio voice and does a fantastic job on the radio just thought it was odd he did not sound so good on the PA.
Congrats AC