Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braxton Beverly Ineligible at NC State
North Carolina athletics following 18 years of systematic academic fraud, the organization has ruled freshman Braxton Beverly ineligible to play at N.C. State because he actually attended classes.

Beverly briefly attended summer classes at Ohio State before deciding to transfer when head coach Thad Matta was fired.

http://www.nationofblue.com/ncaa-rules-b...ss-at-osu/
So a good kid who was going to actual classes is ineligible, while players at UNC, who were getting credit for watching grass grow or something like that, are fine. :igiveup: It's time for the NCAA to be disbanded.
Sue the shit out of them
Van Hagar Wrote:So a good kid who was going to actual classes is ineligible, while players at UNC, who were getting credit for watching grass grow or something like that, are fine. :igiveup: It's time for the NCAA to be disbanded.

do you really think kids at UK, UofL, Duke, ect. don't do the same thing. the kids at UK would do it more, because 90% of them done after one year. so way would they go to classes. get real dude.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Sue the shit out of them

I guess you are the kind of person that is look for the easy payday, by your comment. if he does sue the ncaa, what will it be over. there is a transferred rules, that every school have to obey by. the NCAA is not the KHSAA, running to the judge wont cut it there. if the player does it on there own, do you think the school will stand with the player or go with what the NCAA say.
cj2561 Wrote:I guess you are the kind of person that is look for the easy payday, by your comment. if he does sue the ncaa, what will it be over. there is a transferred rules, that every school have to obey by. the NCAA is not the KHSAA, running to the judge wont cut it there. if the player does it on there own, do you think the school will stand with the player or go with what the NCAA say.

What are you talking about?
I could care less if the kid plays and this isn't about money.
He should sue the NCAA and get a court injunction to play.

As for your other post, NO, not all schools cheat. If you're a one and done you'd be less likely to cheat. You could literally take 4 easy classes, (Not fake afam classes) and then not go to class the second semester.
Until the NCAA changes that, then it's legal.

Oh wait. I forgot you were a Tennessee fan. I'll excuse your behavior with that dumpster fire of a football team you have right now. It's causing you all to be cranky.
Thanks for beating me to it there Gut. And to cj2561, I'm not saying nothing goes on at U.K., but I would bet the house Calipari has been clean, and I'm not a fan of Cal the game coach or the one and done system. But Cal, knowing the microscope he would be under, has hit on the perfect solution. Get the best high school players, turn them into millionaires after one year, then just tell the next group to come on down, the Price is Right. Do I think they are taking advanced Physics classes? Of course not, but I will bet you they do take legit classes, Sandy Bell the compliance officer at U.K., whom everyone seems to walk lightly around, would never allow it any other way. Do they withdraw in the spring semester after basketball is over? Probably so, don't really care for that but it's the system in place right now, until the NBA does the smart thing and goes back to being eligible for the draft straight out of high school that's what we are stuck with.

As for Gut's comment about suing the NCAA, I think his point is, it's an obsolete entity that hands out penalties with no rhyme or reason or an ounce of common sense attached to them, which come to think of it just makes them a national version of the KHSAA. It's time someone or some school called them on it just to see what might happen.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What are you talking about?
I could care less if the kid plays and this isn't about money.
He should sue the NCAA and get a court injunction to play.

As for your other post, NO, not all schools cheat. If you're a one and done you'd be less likely to cheat. You could literally take 4 easy classes, (Not fake afam classes) and then not go to class the second semester.
Until the NCAA changes that, then it's legal.

Oh wait. I forgot you were a Tennessee fan. I'll excuse your behavior with that dumpster fire of a football team you have right now. It's causing you all to be cranky.

for someone to say anything along the line of sue someone. they are and will sue anyone if they think they can get some money out of it. if not no one would say that, let me remember if I say it right. (sue the s!@# out of them). but that must be just UK fans, looking for the easy buck.
Van Hagar Wrote:Thanks for beating me to it there Gut. And to cj2561, I'm not saying nothing goes on at U.K., but I would bet the house Calipari has been clean, and I'm not a fan of Cal the game coach or the one and done system. But Cal, knowing the microscope he would be under, has hit on the perfect solution. Get the best high school players, turn them into millionaires after one year, then just tell the next group to come on down, the Price is Right. Do I think they are taking advanced Physics classes? Of course not, but I will bet you they do take legit classes, Sandy Bell the compliance officer at U.K., whom everyone seems to walk lightly around, would never allow it any other way. Do they withdraw in the spring semester after basketball is over? Probably so, don't really care for that but it's the system in place right now, until the NBA does the smart thing and goes back to being eligible for the draft straight out of high school that's what we are stuck with.

As for Gut's comment about suing the NCAA, I think his point is, it's an obsolete entity that hands out penalties with no rhyme or reason or an ounce of common sense attached to them, which come to think of it just makes them a national version of the KHSAA. It's time someone or some school called them on it just to see what might happen.

if these kids just want to go to the NBA, way don't they go over seas for that year. they can get paid over there that year, then go to the NBA the next year, or go to the NBA farm teams for the year. they don't have to go to college for the year. so way would a kid that know they are going to the NBA the next year. would take the change of getting hurt to not make any money. there is not rule that say these kids have to played college basketball.

back to Braxton, he knew he might have to sit out the season when he transfer.
cj2561 Wrote:for someone to say anything along the line of sue someone. they are and will sue anyone if they think they can get some money out of it. if not no one would say that, let me remember if I say it right. (sue the s!@# out of them). but that must be just UK fans, looking for the easy buck.

If you are Beverly then why wouldn't you Sue?
The NCAA literally just let NC skate with 20 year of fake classes while this kid is being suspended for going to class? He could win.

NC has set the blueprint for how to get away with cheating.
1. Do the opposite of lville. Do not self impose anything. That admits some type of guilt.
2. Deny. Deny. Deny.
3. Whatever you do illegally, make sure at least one regular non athlete student does it so that the NCAA has no "jurisdiction
4. Smile why you laugh at the NCAA and make them your bi...
im confused about cj2561 comment, how would beverly suing the ncaa generate ant money? and one more thing i would like to point out, cal does do the one and done thing and everybody crucifies him for it but nobody says anything about coach k doing the same thing or any other coach. why? jealous of ky much. if any coach in the country could get the one and dones like cal does they would plain and simple but i guess thats wht they are mad
He's got a lot of big named profiles backing him right now on twitter.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:He's got a lot of big named profiles backing him right now on twitter.

Yes he does. Just read Jay Bills, Mike Golic and Mike Goldberg comments. Mike and Mike had 10 minutes about him on their show Tuesday morning.