Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCC Clearing Gym Between Games at 14th Reg.?
Has anyone else heard that Letcher Central officials are going to clear the gym between games during the Regional tourney? If you go to the first game you have to leave after it is over, and if you want to stay and see the 2nd game you have to go to the back of the line (of people who have probably been waiting for 2 hours for the first game to be over) and pay again to get in if you are lucky enough to get to the door before it reaches capacity and the doors are locked.
They are clearing the gym but you can pay 5 dollars to watch one game and leave and then pay again or you can pay, what I believe they said was 7 dollars, to get your hand stamped and after the first game you exit and then re-enter without a problem.
this is crazy. i know its an attempt to make money, but they are taking advantage of basketball fans. it going to be cold on some of these nights and if you have to wait outside its going to be tough on these fans, and the parents who come early to get a good seat. they are goiong to have to pay extra to get in the gym if they come early. some teams like powell, owsley, and breathitt have to do some travelling and im sure the fans and parents want to get out and go in and sit down, but if they want to do that when they get there they are going to have to pay $7 if they want to stay, and what if they dont know, they will have to pay another 5 to get back in. crazy, just crazy. i guess that new gym for letcher is breaking them so much they have to make ppl pay for it.
Someone told me this was only going to be for the Semi Finals, so fans and pep sections for the second game could have the best seats for their game. ???? Dont know if this is true or not.
That Letcher County for ya.
Thats insane and should never happen it is way to cold outside. They will definately be problems over there.
OMG yea I'm sure if they do this there will be some uproar. Thats just not right. They shouldnt be allowed to do that to people. Its ridiculous.
i've heard these also. i dont why they are doing that but, i agree it might cause a disargeement bewteen the schools, but i would like to say good luck to all the teams in the 14th region tournment.
I emailed the A.D. at LCC about this. He replied saying that it was only for the semi-final games on Monday, March 12th that the gym would be cleared between games.
When someone told me about this last week I thought it was the craziest thing I had ever heard but when I mentioned it at work I was told that they done that several times in the 15th before the Expo Center opened. Being from Letcher and having two daughters that attend LCC I am embarassed by this. If they had intentions of hosting regional tournaments, which is a huge advantage for the home team if they make it to the region, then they should have spent a little more money on the gymnasium and a little less on the state of the art football facility.
Even if it is only for the ssemi-final game that is stupid. If their gym is too small to hold all the people then they needs to have it at KCC or PCC when their turn comes again. Maybe if they hadn't spent so much on the football feild they would have a bigger gym and this would not have to happen.
this is carzy
They are going to clear the gym for semi's . I also heard that you could pay more (Not sure of amount heard $7.00 and someone said $10.00), have you hand stamped and when they cleared the gym you would not have to get in the ticket line. I guess go out turn around and come right back in!! CRAZY!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!!!
Where do all the cars park, the ones already there and not moved yet and the ones coming in to park. If you wanted to host the tournament, why not build a gym that holds the people, or give it to the schools that do. What a mess with the traffic, let alone people standing out side waiting to get in, and their vehickle parked in down town Whitesburg. If you have a plan, I would like to know.
You guys are running off at the mouth when you don't know what you are talking about. The reason that the gym is being cleared on the night of the semi-finals ONLY is so that the fans from the two schools that play in the 2nd game can sit behind their teams bench. I am sure that even your feeble mind can comprehend the fact that the kids playing in the 2nd semi-final game deserve to have their fans behind the bench . the people attending the first game that want to see boyh games will be allowed in the Huge lobby area between games so that they do not have to go outside. Once the gym is cleaned between games---these people will be allowed back through a special pass gate for the 2nd game. No standing in line--no buying a 2nd ticket.In addition---the gym has more than ample seating and parking. It is bigger than Powell's or Breathitts and has much more parking than either of those OR Hazard's Memorial Gym. In addition -there will be parking shuttles running from the various parking levels to take fans to AND from the gym. LCC had over 4,000 attend football games and they handled the parking with very few problems.Also concession areas are going to be set up in various areas in the gym( for prompt service) I bet when you come away from this tourn you will see that it is very well organized and will be the most accommodating regional tournament ever.After it is over--you can voice your dislikes---but until then---refrain from running your alligator mouth when your canary butt doesn't know what it is talking about.
Arbys Man Wrote:That Letcher County for ya.

Thats the weak 14th Region for ya..

Its understandable. The fans from the previous games dont need to stay and take up space for the next game when the new games parents and fans need a seat.
Dont understand why windsprint is so upset. Only one negative remark!! Didnt see anyone running their alligator mouth!! ?? I can understand what they are doing, lets just hope it works the way they want it to. Good Luck to All!!!:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Didn't mean to be negative KyGurl. It is just that everyone jumps to the wrong conclusion about ALL the mountain schools. Like the wanting to make money. If I can remember correctly--Isn't the money at the gate divided among the participating schools with regards to how many games they play.I believe that you get a share for each game you play--an extra share going to the overall winner to defray their state tournament costs and one share being divided among the region's schools that did not make the tourn. This time of year should be about kids from 8 teams having the time of their life---not about people not even playing being a little inconvienced ( If that happens)
I think it is a complete joke that the 14th regional tour. is at a schools that only holds 2500 people. They didnt have to clear the gym last year when it was at KCC. The regional has no business being at Lether or at hazard for that reason. gyms are not big enough for the Regional tour. Have it at 4 sites.
1) KCC
2)PCC
3) Breathitt
4) Powell.
THis way every district gets to host it every 4 yrs. The People in Hazard need to realize their day is past and nobody want to to go to the dungeon on the hill and the Palance on Whitesburg is too small. Seems like somebody would have planned it better if they was going to spend all that money on the school to build it that small.
so whut is the paying situation?? from whut windsprint said ur only going to have ta pay the 1 entrance fee?
One entrance fee of 5.00 for the ist two nights. On the semi-final night you can see one game for 5.00 or you can purchase a ticket fir both games for 10.00 If you purchase the 2 game ticket --you can stay INSIDE in the lobby area while the cleanup is going on and then go back through a special pass gate and sit back down. this isn't for LCC to make more money( since the money is divided among the participating schools). It is so the fans in the 2nd game can have an opportubity to sit behind their teams bench----which is only fair.On championship night( next Tues) there will be a 5.00charge
Even though the signs don't bear it out ---the LCC gym has more seating than Powell and as much as Breathitt
How many people does Powell County's gym hold? It seems to me that Hazard's Memorial Gym holds more people than Powell Co. Anyone have any figures?
According to the KHSAA website

Hazard - 3500
Powell County - 3500
Letcher Central - 3500

Seems pretty close to me lol.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Windsprint Wrote:You guys are running off at the mouth when you don't know what you are talking about. The reason that the gym is being cleared on the night of the semi-finals ONLY is so that the fans from the two schools that play in the 2nd game can sit behind their teams bench. I am sure that even your feeble mind can comprehend the fact that the kids playing in the 2nd semi-final game deserve to have their fans behind the bench . the people attending the first game that want to see boyh games will be allowed in the Huge lobby area between games so that they do not have to go outside. Once the gym is cleaned between games---these people will be allowed back through a special pass gate for the 2nd game. No standing in line--no buying a 2nd ticket.In addition---the gym has more than ample seating and parking. It is bigger than Powell's or Breathitts and has much more parking than either of those OR Hazard's Memorial Gym. In addition -there will be parking shuttles running from the various parking levels to take fans to AND from the gym. LCC had over 4,000 attend football games and they handled the parking with very few problems.Also concession areas are going to be set up in various areas in the gym( for prompt service) I bet when you come away from this tourn you will see that it is very well organized and will be the most accommodating regional tournament ever.After it is over--you can voice your dislikes---but until then---refrain from running your alligator mouth when your canary butt doesn't know what it is talking about.
KCC ho;ds 5400 people and last year there was not standing room. LCC holds 2500, less than half. We will see how well your aligator mouth handles it, when your canary butt is stuck and can't move It sounds good on paper.
I want to see all those fans sitting behind their bench and everyone else standing. I mean last year at KCC you couldn't find a place to stand. I hope it works out. I hope your aligator mouth knows what it is talking about.
This could be the worst regional tourny ever.
There are safety regulations that you have to remember, regardless of how many a gym CAN hold you have to go by what you are ALLOWED to hold. According to the safety regulations a few of these schools are allowed to hold 3500 people. And some schools are not allowed to hold certain tournaments because the exits are not equivalent for the amount of people. I like Letcher County's new gym a whole lot. Although it is a long drive, it is still a really nice gym. Powell County's and Estill County's are about the same size but I think Estill is more safety regulated because there are more exits, I believe(not positive). Lee and Owsley is out of the picture of course, they can't go any higher than a district tourny. PCC's Gym is about like LCC, big and pretty nice. I am not sure right now about many of the rest of them, but I think that, besides the drive, they picked a very nice place to hold regional tournament. No matter where it would have been there would be people to fuss about it, so I wouldnt worry about it too much LCC ppl, don't let it get to you, lol.
Quote: According to the KHSAA website

Hazard - 3500
Powell County - 3500
Letcher Central - 3500

Seems pretty close to me lol.

This is a joke. Memorial gym or LCC gym couldnt get 3500 in there gym is they was preschools on a class trip. 2500 is the most and that is packing them tight with no room to move.
Arbys Man Wrote:This could be the worst regional tourny ever.

Not the worst tourney, but definately the worst site to play it. :Thumbs: KCC has the best facility to hold max crowds and pretty decent parking!