Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Not Punishing North Carolina For Academic Fraud
The North Carolina Tar Heels have beaten the NCAA.

On Friday, the NCAA released its infractions report on the school’s involvement with academic fraud. However, there were no punishments for it, as the NCAA said they could not prove UNC athletes committed academic violations.

Going into the decision, there was a wide range of punishments that could have come from the NCAA. Postseason bans, wins stricken from the record books, and championship banners taken down are all on the table.

The case began on June 30, 2014 with the investigation on athlete involvement in fake college courses. Three years later, the case has finally been resolved.

This is mainly in regards to the basketball program, which had many players throughout the years taking fake classes to help preserve eligibility. The university received the final investigative report at 8 a.m.

In the end, UNC skates. What else is new.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/10/13/16...ic-scandal
It took them that long to figure it out?

I wave the BS flag!!
:igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:
Let's JUST SAY Louisville also skates by with No penalties with StripperGate.

The NCAA looses what little bit of credibility they have left.... and college athletics turns in to the Wild Wild West.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
NCAA just lost any credibility they had left in less than 5 minutes this morning. They carry on a 3 year investigation just to say UNC benefitted from the accusations but then again all students did.

Pathetic!

If this had been Kentucky, they would have gotten the death penalty. I hate double standards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
On top of this ruling, they also announced that Braxton Beverly will be ineligible for NC State this year for the heinous offense of taking a summer class at Ohio State before he transferred because his coach was fired. The NCAA has zero credibility, they are in it for the money, they don't give a damn about the student-athletes.
Oh, I could not agree more!!!

More than in it for the money, they are also biased and shady.
Smh
Every single school, including Louisville should sue the NCAA for this.
Let's make this clear. All a school needs to do to pass a kid is have fake classes BUT make them available for everyone not just athletes.
Problem solved.
I'm so disenfranchised from college sports I honestly didn't know Kentucky's big blue madness was tonight
The highlighted section is why the NCAA reached their decision. The NCAA is saying that they are not in the business of academic accreditation, so this ruling is now considered a past-practice. We could be in for A LOT more of this exact type of situations across college athletics.

College athletics are crumbling at every level.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMCADw8VQAAAhWc.jpg:large]
they have given every college a blue print to cheat now. have 3 or 4 fake classes and let 4 or 5 regular students in and your home free. and if they penalize another college then how are they going to answer about letting unc off the hook
Makes me wonder if U of L had let some regular students in on the, uh, festivities with Katina Powell's girls, would the NCAA have considered that ok, since it was offered to all students? That's how totally useless the NCAA has become.
Course title for U of L

"How To Avoid STDs"

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Course title for U of L

"How To Avoid STDs"

Confusednicker:

Learning to Diversify your money

Ceiling Cleaning 101

Criminal Interview & Interrogation counter measures

Introduction to Italian 101
This is fun!!

"How To Screw Up For The Rich"

"Non Catholic Behavior"

"Undercover"

"Getting Too Comfortable"
Sadly, no surprise. The NCAA is a joke and now it's becaoming even more obvious.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Van Hagar Wrote:Makes me wonder if U of L had let some regular students in on the, uh, festivities with Katina Powell's girls, would the NCAA have considered that ok, since it was offered to all students? That's how totally useless the NCAA has become.

This is exactly what uofl fans are saying on their message boards.
I agree with them. If just one regular student was there then it has to be a non NCAA issue right?
Only thing that still gets them is that an assistant coach set it up