Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maria vs ABC News
In trying to decide which one had/has the most devastating winds, I just had to go with ABC. These gusty guys and gals just will not stop. Today for example, they came out with another poll (shocker), which of course according to their 'selective polling,' indicates the President has done a bad job in his response to Puerto Rico, in providing relief to the victims of Hurricane Maria.

"According to a poll by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, just 32 percent approve of how Trump is handling disaster relief in the U.S. territory, while 49 percent disapprove.

"It took him how long to get to Puerto Rico?" said Bree Harris, a 25-year-old chef and Democrat from Los Angeles. She suspects Trump "didn't even know that Puerto Rico was an island that was part of America. It's embarrassing."
http://www.windstream.net/news/read/arti...co_resp-ap

Ironically, embarrassing was the word that came to my mind too. Natural disasters are not to be laid at the feet of any man, even the President. Democrats have proven they can politicize absolutely anything, and in 2005 they managed to blame George W Bush for the aftermath of Katrina. Up until then the individual states affected dealt with Hurricane cleanup and rebuilding mostly on their own, and blaming a political party for their misfortune would have seemed absurd. And so it is. After that point though, the President is supposed to make it all better at the snap of a finger. And should he in any way falter, it's a metaphorical off with his head. No it's embarrassing all right, embarrassing to consider the ridiculous expectations people now have of the federal government. Government should and does have a role, but since Katrina it seems that government has become the make it all better fairy for people who choose to live in coastal areas, but who do not think they should have to shore up their own lives by purchasing insurance.

The folks of the Great Generation would not have been standing around waiting for Uncle Sugar to make it all better. They'd be out with their sleeves rolled up, making it all better for themselves. But the raw tonnage of goods which have poured into PR is unprecedented, as are the thousands of people and military down there to help.

ABC cooked up a bad poll to try to unseat or cause as much grief as they could to the President. Are they down there leading any of the relief efforts themselves? Of course not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The fact that you say the media is more "devastating" than a hurricane that killed 34 people in Puerto Rico is what is embarrassing. The rest of your argument (to me) goes out the window. Don't like big bad polls hurting your feelings? Don't look at them.
The more devastating issue is the media as a whole. Who do you trust; who CAN you trust? Everybody has an agenda.

See where the CNN reporter said that most victims of the Vegas shooting were probably Trump supporters because of their allegiance to country music?

Everybody, both sides of the aisle, appears to have an agenda. And they do not mind attaching to something as horrible and tragic as mass murder, to get their "agenda" across.
Motley Wrote:The fact that you say the media is more "devastating" than a hurricane that killed 34 people in Puerto Rico is what is embarrassing. The rest of your argument (to me) goes out the window. Don't like big bad polls hurting your feelings? Don't look at them.

Oh, I'm sorry. Still smarting about the last election? Trump is President, a situation which is very likely to be the case for the next 8 years. In the meantime, don't come at me with the hurt feelings bull there junior. The media are a bunch of world class liars so, I can see why you'd feel compelled to defend them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:The more devastating issue is the media as a whole. Who do you trust; who CAN you trust? Everybody has an agenda.

See where the CNN reporter said that most victims of the Vegas shooting were probably Trump supporters because of their allegiance to country music?

Everybody, both sides of the aisle, appears to have an agenda. And they do not mind attaching to something as horrible and tragic as mass murder, to get their "agenda" across.

Correct. It's a mess exacerbated by the media, but symptomatic of the contempt between liberalism and conservatism. The lion's share of which I still maintain comes from the left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
IF President Trump remains a viable candidate after the Mueller report, which will find he sought to obstruct justice, he will find it difficult to rustle the independent voters into his corral in the numbers he did this past election.
TheRealThing Wrote:Correct. It's a mess exacerbated by the media, but symptomatic of the contempt between liberalism and conservatism. The lion's share of which I still maintain comes from the left.

To follow the NFL “anthem kneel” story on social media is to see your “lion’s share” theory shredded.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
IF President Trump remains a viable candidate after the Mueller report, which will find he sought to obstruct justice, he will find it difficult to rustle the independent voters into his corral in the numbers he did this past election.

Thanks there Sherlock, I'll wait for history to actually unfold on the matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:To follow the NFL “anthem kneel” story on social media is to see your “lion’s share” theory shredded.

I prefer to follow the riots, the comments of the CBC, and the 24/7 news loop. And it's no theory, it observation. Might want to give that a try yourself instead of reading the liberal media's spin on everything. Or you could just continue to get your opinions handed to you, either way works for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Thanks there Sherlock, I'll wait for history to actually unfold on the matter.

Yes, we’ll see.
TheRealThing Wrote:I prefer to follow the riots, the comments of the CBC, and the 24/7 news loop. And it's no theory, it observation. Might want to give that a try yourself instead of reading the liberal media's spin on everything. Or you could just continue to get your opinions handed to you, either way works for me.

I will continue to confound and expose your zealotry instead. But thank you.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I will continue to confound and expose your zealotry instead. But thank you.

You couldn't even expose yourself at a park. I haven't the patience or the time to waste to determine what the rest of the gibberish you wrote even means.

ABTW, everybody stayed on topic until you started posting. Your first post brought up Mueller and the lie of obstruction you keep posting over and over, your second post was about NFL players and the anthem, and your next two posts were equally detached and pointlessly insulting to another poster.

It is just as I said about you in times past. Your intent is to come on here and drive every single thread into the ditch. End of story.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You couldn't even expose yourself at a park. I haven't the patience or the time to waste to determine what the rest of the gibberish you wrote even means.

ABTW, everybody stayed on topic until you started posting. Your first post brought up Mueller and the lie of obstruction you keep posting over and over, your second post was about NFL players and the anthem, and your next two posts were equally detached and pointlessly insulting to another poster.

It is just as I said about you in times past. Your intent is to come on here and drive every single thread into the ditch. End of story.

Obstruction is no lie, unless you’re a zealot.

The tweeting don’s narcissisms are no fake news.

Not being on the ground in Puerto Rico, but being reasonably confident after Katrina that any sentient President and his or her administration would be vigilant, I would figure all will eventually be well.

As for your personal rancor and self-serving delusions, carry on.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote: 1) - Obstruction is no lie, unless you’re a zealot.

2) -The tweeting don’s narcissisms are no fake news.

Not being on the ground in Puerto Rico, but being reasonably confident after Katrina that any sentient President and his or her administration would be vigilant, I would figure all will eventually be well.

As for your personal rancor and self-serving delusions, carry on.

1) - Oh yes it is, and your continual parroting it every breath makes you a liar.

2) - The left wing-nut news' interpretations of the tweets sure are though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Donald Trump so closely mirrors the essence of narcissism it’s uncanny. His tweets are often so beneath the dignity of the Office of the Presidency it is shameful.

No matter the spin, the lipstick on a pig, the juke and jive, Donald Trump sought to obstruct justice.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
Donald Trump so closely mirrors the essence of narcissism it’s uncanny. His tweets are often so beneath the dignity of the Office of the Presidency it is shameful.

No matter the spin, the lipstick on a pig, the juke and jive, Donald Trump sought to obstruct justice.

Which is again, a damnable lie from the lips of a liar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Which is again, a damnable lie from the lips of a liar.

Sorry, Charley, uh-huh, I ain’t buyin’ it. Save it for the ZTPBGRC. New concept for you, friendo: “pretense.” Learn it. Live it. Loathe it (but accept it).
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Sorry, Charley, uh-huh, I ain’t buyin’ it. Save it for the ZTPBGRC. New concept for you, friendo: “pretense.” Learn it. Live it. Loathe it (but accept it).

I haven't agreed with a thing you've said on here since your retread debut, and you think whether or not YOU buy something means anything to me? :biglmao:

And please try to think up some of your own material, "I ain't buyin it," is one of mine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Methinks the peacock doth protest too much. Now that’s funny.
Posts off topic will no longer be tolerated, no exceptions.