Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Referee John Higgins Sues KentuckySportsRadio
See the link below...
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketbal...-suing-us/

I'm not sure who to root for in this.
In a way I hope he makes KSR bankrupt and out of business but at the same time he is a garbage referee that clearly has an agenda and should never step on the court again. Decisions, decisions.

If he wins, what does this say about the sports media world in general and when it comes to message boards like this one?
What kind of precedent would it set if they find KSR liable for their readers actions?
KSR Founder & Owner, Matt Jones Tweeted this out yesterday after the story broke....

“The Higgins lawsuit against KSR is frivolous and without any legal merit whatsoever, We will defend it and expect a favorable result quickly.”

From his account, @KySportsRadio
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?...66-v.2.pdf

Read the filing for yourself.
Tort
John Higgins is a *****, I bet the BBN could raise $75 grand for him to never call another UK game....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Matt Jones is a law student I'm pretty sure.

Those guys did go in pretty hard on him but they are keyboard warriors. Did they do anything that you deem excessive? Because I may have missed something.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Matt Jones is a law student I'm pretty sure.

Those guys did go in pretty hard on him but they are keyboard warriors. Did they do anything that you deem excessive? Because I may have missed something.

Jones actually graduated law school and practiced law for a while.
Not sure how good he would be in a tort case though, especially defending himself.
It won't happen, but I'd love to see KSR go down for the count on this one.
Jones is a lawyer.... and has several lawyer friends that specialize in different areas of the law. Not too mention all of the lawyers that are fans of the show & the BBN that might volunteer their services.

God knows I'm not even close to a lawyer, but I see this case being dismissed or settled with an on-air and a written apology on the website from Jones and his crew.
Spud6 Wrote:Matt Jones is a law student I'm pretty sure.

He’s a freaking Duke Law School graduate...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^I didn't know that.

BUT, I do know his mother is the best trial attorney I have ever seen practice inside a courtroom.
He did mention this on his radio show today.... but he's smart enough to not say too much.

After it is all over, he will probably do a podcast about the whole thing.
OldJacket Wrote:He’s a freaking Duke Law School graduate...

I knew there was always something that made me just not like him.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
i would love to see the end of ksr
They thing I don't like about KSR is they act like they are speaking for the blue collar Kentucky sports fans. They speak like children at their age and then that reflects onto us Kentucky fans that have 7 to 3 jobs that see a bigger picture than a basketball game.
#BBFL
Higgins is an arrogant prick. Go back and read the feature story Sports Illustrated did on him a couple of years ago. He believes the fans are paying to see him. I would love to sit through his deposition.
My Mom used to tell me, if you ain't got nothing good to say don't say nothing at all. Well I don't have anything good to say about either one.
Can't stand either one. Would love to see him slam them in court and win, then he just go away