Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best defensive team in the 15th?
In the full court I believe Valley and Magoffin have the edge. In the half court PC looks the best. If allowed to get away with a lot of bumping, reaching and pushing Belfry is tough!
Belfry is definitely very physical. If the refs are willing to let these girls play, Belfry will be very tough to beat.
Magoffin has an excellent press but their halfcourt defense isn't to great. If they could learn to play better help defense then they would be a great defensive team.
15thRegionX Wrote:Magoffin has an excellent press but their halfcourt defense isn't to great. If they could learn to play better help defense then they would be a great defensive team.

Agreed. Ashley Hall is one of the best defensive players in the region IMO.
I thought JC had a great defense when they were actually playing like they can.
CENTRAL HAS BROKE DOWN SOME OF THE BEST TEAMS WITH THERE DEFENSE.
BELFRY IS VERY TOUGH IF THEY ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY PHISICAL!
MAGOFFIN HAS ASHLEY HALL,AND ARE VERY GOOD!
VALLEY HAVE THE QUICK HANDED, SPEED DEMONS SALLY AND ESTHER

IMOP THATS JUST WHAT I THINK THERE ALL VERY CLOSE
That is one reason I see a little hope for Belfry, they have 13th region refs. They will let things go. That plays into Belfrys hands. They set good traps.
The best D Belfry has faced in the region would prolly be Magoffin and then PCC. SV has good d but their speed on offense makes them.
cards_athlete Wrote:I thought JC had a great defense when they were actually playing like they can.
you are right. jc can really dominate with their zone press.
I think that Magoffin has the best defense in the 15th, they can really shut teams down. Their full court press is dominating. But I believe there are a few other teams that fall in a close second.
crawdad Wrote:In the full court I believe Valley and Magoffin have the edge. In the half court PC looks the best. If allowed to get away with a lot of bumping, reaching and pushing Belfry is tough!

Yea, I agree. Shelby Valley and Magoffin Co
Mc
valley, mc pc imo! when they do it right it is so fun to watch them!
A few weeks ago I would have said MC hands down, but since Coach Butcher has put Kayla Lowe and AD Slone in the starting line-up together, teams have had trouble driving to the goal without getting blocked. So I would have to go with PC since their perimeter defense was already outstanding.
I dont think don't Magoffin Co. has best Defense as far as man to man goes, they give up a lot of points, just outscore the opponets.
they have a great press.
PC has been taught man-to-man defense the way it's supposed to be done with Butcher's college coaching bkgd. and Mercer's playing days at PC...switching, rotations, helpside. Defense Award to the Lady Hawks!
roundball gal Wrote:PC has been taught man-to-man defense the way it's supposed to be done with Butcher's college coaching bkgd. and Mercer's playing days at PC...switching, rotations, helpside. Defense Award to the Lady Hawks!
where did he coach in college at
I think this is an unusual year - in more ways than one - but the 15th is loading with teams who prize their defense. I for one am glad to see the defense get the recognition it deserves. Pike Central, Magoffin, and Valley are all fun to watch. The speed that Valley has in Fleming and Roberts is just unreal. Turnovers and steals have to be at all time high in the 15th due to the pressure these teams play.
all-or-nothing Wrote:Pike Central, Magoffin, and Valley are all fun to watch. The speed that Valley has in Fleming and Roberts is just unreal.
PC,MC play some of the best defense going.For SV throw is Perkins with roberts and flemming and their defense makes for fast offense.IMO Roberts and Perkins are the speed demons, good defense converts in to fast offense with those 3 from SV on the floor.
Magoffin
The Fan Wrote:where did he coach in college at

he was an assitant here at the University of the Cumberlands...
Lawrence Wrote:Agreed. Ashley Hall is one of the best defensive players in the region IMO.

Yea i would agree on that one 2
valley by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!
valleyrules101 Wrote:valley by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it when new memebers get are here and make statements like this.
just because im a new member doesnt mean anything. so since your have been on here for a long time does that make you a know it all about sports or something?:lmao:
Tricky Wrote:I love it when new memebers get are here and make statements like this.
valleyrules101 Wrote:just because im a new member doesnt mean anything. so since your have been on here for a long time does that make you a know it all about sports or something?:lmao:

Nope, just you based it on nothing!!!!!!!!

How are they by FARRRRR the best?????? Do they hold the best defensive record, do they lead the region in steals, rebounds, creating turnovers?????

They are just the best BY FARRR????????
no but i bet you dont know who holds those stats do you?
Tricky Wrote:Nope, just you based it on nothing!!!!!!!!

How are they by FARRRRR the best?????? Do they hold the best defensive record, do they lead the region in steals, rebounds, creating turnovers?????

They are just the best BY FARRR????????
well if u no they dont have the best defensive record how could you say there by far the best.......but really how do you get valley by far? they didnt look to hott on d against pcchs or MC!
valleyrules101 Wrote:no but i bet you dont know who holds those stats do you?

You wouldn't want to put too much money on it! And they didn't look to be, BY FAR THE BEST, when Pike Central and Magoffin was running it down their throat.
THis thread is really becoming pointless, don't you think? How many different posts are required to determine what By farrr means? Get over it. Remember, everyone is entitle to his or her opinion. Looks like you guys are just ganging up on a new person. Not very friendly.