Poll: Who takes it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tigers
86.67%
Bulldogs
13.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAINTSVILLE @ LAWRENCE Co 9/22
The Paintsville Tigers will be North bound on US 23 to Louisa to take on the Lawrence county Bulldogs! The Tigers improved to 4-1 after hosting Williamsburg while the Bulldogs are coming off of a tough loss to Greenup co. How will this one shake out?
Paintsville 49
Lawrence County 20

:Cheerlead
This one could get ugly fast.

Paintsville 54
Lawrence County 14
Paintsville will punish my Dawgs up front all night. I've seen paintsville play in person and unless lc has a miracle Revelation on how to play defense the tigers will have a running clock before half. Tigers need to screen, screen and screen and then power run and lc cannot stop it.
Paintsville
Tigers by 26
Paintsville.

Closer than the experts think.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
When the Tigers put the big boy in the backfield behind their big line are hard to handle. Definite favorites in the East right now.
35-28 Paintsville
Tigers by 3-4 TD's.
Tiggers by a bazzillion
Paintsville by 28
Without the penalties, Paintsville would have had a running clock on Williamsburg in the first half.

36-6. Paintsville
swampdonkey Wrote:Without the penalties, Paintsville would have had a running clock on Williamsburg in the first half.

36-6. Paintsville

We shot ourself in the foot a few times! Things that need cleaned up for sure. Without some of the dumb mistakes with the personal fouls and a few small penalties it was actually one of the more complete games I've seen Paintsville play in awhile! The boys played a great game on both sides of the ball!
I totally agree. Our offense against Williamsburg gave me hope that we will be more effective on offense. Tanner smith and jaylen Allen need more touches. Send the big guy up the middle to mix it up and we can actually move the ball pretty well. Defense looked pretty solid, I though
Wow. Way out of line. Cecil didn't have much success either. I'm an outsider looking in and it's a program issue, not a head coach issue. New coach, same results.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Wow. Way out of line. Cecil didn't have much success either. I'm an outsider looking in and it's a program issue, not a head coach issue. New coach, same results.

We kinda have the exact same coaching staff,they just all changed positions I believe. Just my personal opinion but I think most of the problems are just certain players starting that really shouldn't be. For whatever reasons they are out there it is certainly not because they are better than those on the sideline. Mainly in the secondary and we have a wr that will not throw a block to save his life. Granted I don't work with the team so maybe there is something I am missing but it's what I see when watching the games.
Prayer for the kid that got hurt in j v game hope he is ok man it's been bad year for kids getting hurt ,
Just about every school up down the river has had a kid get serious hurt ,
It's a problem in the system. The players are big but not strong. Their weight room numbers are some of the worst I've seen, especially when you travel south in 23. They are not aggressive at all. Teams have lined up and moved the ball on them all season. Just an observation. I took my wife to a JC wrestling meet. She couldn't believe how much stronger the kids were compared to LC. Then I pointed out that it was their middle school kids she was seeing.

Couple that with the lack of drills in practice in comparison to the more successful teams In The area and you will see why they arent making the tackles or fighting through blocks.
I do want to make it clear. I think short will figure it out eventually. They have the numbers up and excitement. It won't last if your not winning though. The schedule isn't exactly the toughest either. You have to beat the Boyd counties and Greenups on the schedule. No offense to those teams but their not traditionally power houses.
Matman Wrote:It's a problem in the system. The players are big but not strong. Their weight room numbers are some of the worst I've seen, especially when you travel south in 23. They are not aggressive at all. Teams have lined up and moved the ball on them all season. Just an observation. I took my wife to a JC wrestling meet. She couldn't believe how much stronger the kids were compared to LC. Then I pointed out that it was their middle school kids she was seeing.

Couple that with the lack of drills in practice in comparison to the more successful teams In The area and you will see why they arent making the tackles or fighting through blocks.
I've talked to
a players mother on defense, she said they don't run any drills on defense. Kinda disturbing
In the pound Wrote:I've talked to
a players mother on defense, she said they don't run any drills on defense. Kinda disturbing

I watch their practice a couple days a week and have seen very few drills ran.
Paintsville is hitting their stride. Bad week to be playing them if you are in disarray
Paintsville
Paintsville - 48

Lawrence County - 19
Paintsville 42
Lawrence 21
Only chance the Dawgs have is to not turn the ball over and grind out yards and keep the Tigers offense off the field. Otherwise we are gonna have to score every time we get the ball and hope the Tigers hurt themselves with turnovers.
Paintsville by 20...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dawgs by a TD !
Bulldogs all the way! We find out Paintsville is overrated tomorrow night.