Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 22 Final
1st half was littered with penalties and some bad plays.

FCHS found some success in power running game, but got away from it.
Prestonsburg early success running the edges. Pburg eventually wore FCHS down in the end. FCHS looked gassed and ready to throw in it early in 4th after Pburg intercepted pass near midfield.

Good luck to both squads rest of year.
Congrats to Prestonsburg
From what I saw:
- Floyd Central didn't have a ton of speed but I was very impressed with the heart they played with. Much better team than I expected them to be in their first year.
- Pburg won this game with conditioning. The Blackcats were the superior conditioned team and it showed as Floyd Central simply could not get their D off the field.
- Ethan Varney is a ball player. May not be a vintage Pburg team but Varney is a football player!
- Pburg is clearly the team to beat in their District... Floyd Central should be able to compete against Pike Central and Lawrence County.Not sure they can beta them, but they will compete.
Penalties was bad all night both ways but hats off to pburg they came to play jags wasn't ready. Hanging this square on the coaches if something isn't working change it up don't stay with the same thing all night knowing it's not working. But good learning experience for the jaguars hopefully coaches to great eye opener.
I called this one almost to a "T".
F.N.L. Wrote:I called this one almost to a "T".

U was right but yet I said would be a close game it was like I said in my post laying this one on the coaches not the players
FCC will still have a good season Darrin. You and I both know that "anything" can happen in a rivalry game. Gotta' blow that one off and stay focused for the games that really matter.(district games)
The rumors of the demise of the King of Floyd County were premature. Congrats Blackcats.
Dang I wanted FC to stay undefeated for a couple more weeks
F.N.L. Wrote:FCC will still have a good season Darrin. You and I both know that "anything" can happen in a rivalry game. Gotta' blow that one off and stay focused for the games that really matter.(district games)

right they have to stay focused on district and put this behind them
If you have a Facebook page here is a link to watch the game. There is also another link even if you don't have facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/imcbundle/
Here is the link to watch the game if you don't have facebook.

http://www.wprg.com/live/
I knew The Blackcats would come through.
DarrinC Wrote:Penalties was bad all night both ways but hats off to pburg they came to play jags wasn't ready. Hanging this square on the coaches if something isn't working change it up don't stay with the same thing all night knowing it's not working. But good learning experience for the jaguars hopefully coaches to great eye opener.
Building a program takes time. 5 weeks into a brand new program, you are going to have some limits, both in personnel and playbook. You have a good coach who knows his team and has a good handle on what they can, and can't, do. Give them a little time, and support.

Sometimes you just get beat by a better team. The Jags have been really impressive so far and are laying the building blocks of the future. To challenge an established team like Prestonsburg this early in the process is a great statement.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Building a program takes time. 5 weeks into a brand new program, you are going to have some limits, both in personnel and playbook. You have a good coach who knows his team and has a good handle on what they can, and can't, do. Give them a little time, and support.

Sometimes you just get beat by a better team. The Jags have been really impressive so far and are laying the building blocks of the future. To challenge an established team like Prestonsburg this early in the process is a great statement.

They have my support 100% like I said this is a great eye opener for mostly coaches plays that was hurting them was not corrected. Should they or could they have been my thoughts yes they could. Offense Really need to make some changes some players play offense that shouldn't be and some need more playing time on offense (backfield). That being said they will have my support for oh I'm going say the next 2 years anyway
DarrinC Wrote:They have my support 100% like I said this is a great eye opener for mostly coaches plays that was hurting them was not corrected. Should they or could they have been my thoughts yes they could. Offense Really need to make some changes some players play offense that shouldn't be and some need more playing time on offense (backfield). That being said they will have my support for oh I'm going say the next 2 years anyway

I total agree. One of the things about the coaches calls that bothers me the most was that their fastest RB only touched the ball 3 times and they didn't even start him. SMH on this one. Confusedhh:
Was at this game. Congrats Pburg, good luck Floyd Central against the hawks!