Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 46 Pineville 20
Final.

Score was 46-6 mid 3rd when running clock started. Fun win for the Jackets on Hall of Fame night at Bradner Stadium.
Massengill for president?!
Looks like the veer is coming along. Neither Jackson nor Williams suited up for this one which makes it even more impressive.
Congrats to The Jackets
Congrats to Middlesboro
Congratulations to the Jackets on a well deserved win. I hope we can build on it.
Way to go Middlesboro.
Glad for the kids! Massengill is still gone at the end of the year!
Dang pineville must be bad!!!
Pineville and Jenkins would be a battle. But , a win is a win.
I am well aware that Pineville is not a great football team. But I really believe this group would be sitting at 4-1 right now had Jackson not been injured. I'll go a step further and say that if the back up QB, Rogers, hadn't broke leg also in first game this group would still be 4-1 or 3-2. If's and buts make candy and nutts, my point is, this group has potential. They've been limping along with a 3rd string qb for weeks, and the kid is finally learning how to run the offense. And that ain't no knock on the kid, he was a Wr or RB that had to be put in there as an emergency.

I know what's ahead with conference. I want to see the Jackets go play south Laurel's butts off Friday night. The Carroll kid and Harrison boy are starting to look real nice together in the backfield.

Hope to the heavens Jackson returns this week. This group can be explosive with him added to the mix.
You may be right, however, it is easy to be explosive against the Claiborne County and Clay and Harlan Ind. we will have him back district and you will see what it is like. My guess is you have not seen Danville, LCA or Somerset play. I do get what you are saying and I don't or didn't expect to win district. I felt like we should win 5-6 games and a shot at beating Bell. If we could have played any defense we would have. South is down from last year they lost most of their big play makers. I expected to beat them. If Jackson is back we will have a shot.
Tri-state I mean this with respect but come on! There's no way this team is 4-1 with anyone other than a different coach. I didn't want to say much because it's hard for me to be positive knowing how Massengill has ran my alma mater and a tradition rich football program into the ground. I am extremely happy for these kids, they needed to get a win and it was good to sit in the stands and see them pull one out. I also know by sitting there and watching that game that Pineville is absolutely awful. I don't know who to compare them to but when I was in high school we used to play a team from eastern KY (knott co) who were terrible. Those teams would have beaten this years Pineville team. This group has potential sure..we're still talking about offense skill kids somehow we all forget to mention that our defensive head coach can't seem to put together a defense to stop anyone (well maybe Pineville). This game right her was the last win of the season. i agree Jackson and some kids get back we will be better but the bottom line is we're still not going to win another game and we're still massively underachieving. At the end of the year Massengill will say, "we showed improvement, our kids fought, we had some tough injuries" blah blah freakin blah! This is what he is going to say because that is who he is a gutless excuse maker. If he had any guts he would stand up at the end of the season and resign.
Has Middlesboro improved that much or is Pineville that bad?
Bennybones Wrote:Tri-state I mean this with respect but come on! There's no way this team is 4-1 with anyone other than a different coach. I didn't want to say much because it's hard for me to be positive knowing how Massengill has ran my alma mater and a tradition rich football program into the ground. I am extremely happy for these kids, they needed to get a win and it was good to sit in the stands and see them pull one out. I also know by sitting there and watching that game that Pineville is absolutely awful. I don't know who to compare them to but when I was in high school we used to play a team from eastern KY (knott co) who were terrible. Those teams would have beaten this years Pineville team. This group has potential sure..we're still talking about offense skill kids somehow we all forget to mention that our defensive head coach can't seem to put together a defense to stop anyone (well maybe Pineville). This game right her was the last win of the season. i agree Jackson and some kids get back we will be better but the bottom line is we're still not going to win another game and we're still massively underachieving. At the end of the year Massengill will say, "we showed improvement, our kids fought, we had some tough injuries" blah blah freakin blah! This is what he is going to say because that is who he is a gutless excuse maker. If he had any guts he would stand up at the end of the season and resign.

They could absolutely be 4-1. Anyone being objective would agree.
M'boro rushed for over 250 yds and put 21 on a good Bell County first game of year with all their guys on the field. They lost in overtime to Clay by 1 point on a successful two-point conversion with a 3rd string qb and starting running back out injured. They had 4 TD's called back against a bad Harlan team but still won the game. They beat a bad Pineville team as they should have. Jackson and Williams (two most explosive Athletes on roster sitting on bench). So yes Benny, confidently say this group would be 4-1 right now without loss of Jackson. But that's football, crap happens and you keep playing.

Anyhow, this group needs to carry the momentum up 25(E) and go play south laurels butts off. Saw Jackson throwing in warm ups, he looks to be getting there.
Pineville had 23 kids on the team last year and 14 were seniors, then lost best player coming back to Bell in summer. Pineville with all due respect is in a major rebuilding time to be kind.
Mr. Obvious Wrote:They could absolutely be 4-1. Anyone being objective would agree.

You are correct and that is why most thought they would and should win 5-6. But I am sorry no excuses. Time for excuses are over. 4th year wins are a must. Right now this staff is and has not gotten it done.
No doubt Pineville was very short handed. I was just arguing on the 4-1 point.
Well we have about 4 years worth of arguing woulda coulda shouldas. All that does is fuel the weak excuses we get year after year. At some point the excuses have to stop. There are going to be reasons for things every year: injuries, people quitting, young, inexperienced, tough schedule...the bottom line is the bottom line. We haven't gotten results, we haven't even been competitive, and in my opinion the majority of the people in this town especially alumni are tired of it. It's a results business and he haven't come close to getting what we're capable of. How do you justify firing Frazier for what he did and keep Massengill with these results. There is one reason and we all know what that is. The entire time Massengill has been here he might as well had a bottle and pascifier in his moth with his hand held. If someone can explain to me with a rational reason why he is still the coach let me know....I'll be waiting.
E's Army Wrote:Has Middlesboro improved that much or is Pineville that bad?

Just as NextGeneration quoted about the rebuilding process for the most part E's Army, however we struggle with a feeder program compared to other schools as well due to the low student count. Our kids play with heart though and that's all we expect from them. Congratulations Jackets!
Bennybones Wrote:Tri-state I mean this with respect but come on! There's no way this team is 4-1 with anyone other than a different coach. I didn't want to say much because it's hard for me to be positive knowing how Massengill has ran my alma mater and a tradition rich football program into the ground. I am extremely happy for these kids, they needed to get a win and it was good to sit in the stands and see them pull one out. I also know by sitting there and watching that game that Pineville is absolutely awful. I don't know who to compare them to but when I was in high school we used to play a team from eastern KY (knott co) who were terrible. Those teams would have beaten this years Pineville team. This group has potential sure..we're still talking about offense skill kids somehow we all forget to mention that our defensive head coach can't seem to put together a defense to stop anyone (well maybe Pineville). This game right her was the last win of the season. i agree Jackson and some kids get back we will be better but the bottom line is we're still not going to win another game and we're still massively underachieving. At the end of the year Massengill will say, "we showed improvement, our kids fought, we had some tough injuries" blah blah freakin blah! This is what he is going to say because that is who he is a gutless excuse maker. If he had any guts he would stand up at the end of the season and resign.

I hope you have more sense than this post implies. This team could've and should've been 4-1 heading into the south game, with a chance to be 5-1 (likely 4-2) after. I don't know if you understand the difficulty of playing QB in the veere, it can't be learned in a week, and when you lay the ball on the ground 5 times in one game it's likely you won't win. 9 out of 10 games, as bad as middlesboro has been, they beat Claiborne county.