Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern @ Madison Central 9/8
Thoughts on this one...

I think this will be a hard fought game...

Madison Southern 36
Madison Central 34
I watched Madison Central play SW (the team I follow), and watched Madison Southern Play Bourbon. MC played right with one of the top 5 teams in the state in 5A. While Southern beat a poor Bourbon team. They have played woodford(central) which isn't good from what i can tell and GC (southern) who refused to throw the ball and isnt good. IDK anything about Collins other than the score, and I dont much about Lex Cath but the scores I have seen. Having seen both Central and Southern Saturday at the bowl game. If Central can get better play from the QB (who certainly looks the part) I think they win this game,24-21. Either way it should be a good one.
Central by 10
What is the series record for this rivalry?
FBfan4life Wrote:What is the series record for this rivalry?

Central leads the series 5-2 I think.
im going to go with Central 24-7. but pulling for the eagals
ironfist13 Wrote:I watched Madison Central play SW (the team I follow), and watched Madison Southern Play Bourbon. MC played right with one of the top 5 teams in the state in 5A. While Southern beat a poor Bourbon team. They have played woodford(central) which isn't good from what i can tell and GC (southern) who refused to throw the ball and isnt good. IDK anything about Collins other than the score, and I dont much about Lex Cath but the scores I have seen. Having seen both Central and Southern Saturday at the bowl game. If Central can get better play from the QB (who certainly looks the part) I think they win this game,24-21. Either way it should be a good one.
That poor Bourbon team was missing 4 Senior starters due to injury, 3 of which account for 60% of the offense. Southern would still have probably won because they play good fundamental football but it would have been a much closer game. They will beat Central easily.
Mc 48-14
Indians 28-14
pjdoug Wrote:Indians 28-14

Dougie!! What would John Wayne think....you rootin' for the Injuns???

LOL....Reminds me of a joke where the punchline from an old indian who buys some generic toilet paper at an outpost says to the shop owner after trying it and returning to the store: "I have name for your no-name toilet paper....I call it John Wayne toilet paper because it's rough and it's tough and it don't take no crap off an indian."

I'm for the birdies. Don't know who will win and I won't guess to jinx either team. Good luck to both teams because I like Mark Scenters at Central but Southern is the home town team for me. I'm a homer. Mark played for Southern so it's nothing against him. Gotta root for the hometown boys though.
Escalade Wrote:That poor Bourbon team was missing 4 Senior starters due to injury, 3 of which account for 60% of the offense. Southern would still have probably won because they play good fundamental football but it would have been a much closer game. They will beat Central easily.

Sounds like excuses to me. Bourbon simply couldnt/didn't do the basic things in football to win,which is block or tackle. and they dropped alot of footballs. Just going off what I saw from my 38 years of football experience. But you say what you need to.

As for the MC v MS game, I don't care who wins! lol I have no dog in the fight.
Close, hard rivalry game now. I think equal on lines and this year Eagles have the senior leadership at skill positions. Eagles 28-20
ironfist13 Wrote:Sounds like excuses to me. Bourbon simply couldnt/didn't do the basic things in football to win,which is block or tackle. and they dropped alot of footballs. Just going off what I saw from my 38 years of football experience. But you say what you need to.

As for the MC v MS game, I don't care who wins! lol I have no dog in the fight.
That's the same Bourbon team that beat Southwestern (your team) a couple of years ago. Over half the roster now, played then. So my question to you is, "If Bourbon can't block or tackle, how did they kick Southwestern's arses"? Bourbon Co is 2-2 against Pulaski Co teams for their seniors. 2 close losses to PC. Your team and Somerset didn't fare so well.
Kentucky#1 Wrote:That's the same Bourbon team that beat Southwestern (your team) a couple of years ago. Over half the roster now, played then. So my question to you is, "If Bourbon can't block or tackle, how did they kick Southwestern's arses"? Bourbon Co is 2-2 against Pulaski Co teams for their seniors. 2 close losses to PC. Your team and Somerset didn't fare so well.

lol you do realize it was a different year..? lol I mean if you want to live off last year or 2 years ago. Then good luck! that wont work
If anybody is going to this game get there early, because attendance the last few years has pushed about 10,000 people...EKU won't get a crowd this size all year.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:If anybody is going to this game get there early, because attendance the last few years has pushed about 10,000 people...EKU won't get a crowd this size all year.

Why won't they play this game at EKU to accommodate people? Money? Scheduling?
0-0 starting 2nd quarter
10-0 central at the half
16 MC - 6 MS in 3rd Q
23-6 Central
Madison Southern looked like they had the better team, but they played SOFT. Central took the fight to the dog and that is all this game was. Madison Central just out toughed Southern. If this is the case going forward Southern will have a long year. All this town has heard for 3 years is when this bunch gets to be seniors how good they would be. At 2-2 there is time but it better happen soon.
You're right flyer. Lots of really good skill players, so opponents can't key on one, but have been beat up at line of scrimmage against the quality teams they have faced so far. They need to step up against the better teams and not be settling for dominating the weaker ones. .500 wasn't the goal to start the year.
having seen both... if you think Southerns Skill guys are better than Central then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. I went back and looked at the stats from the game. Central held Southern to 55 yards in the 1st half. 120 of Southerns yards came off 2 plays in the 2nd half. Central with the #1 and #11 is better than anyone outside of maybe #43 that Southern has to offer. And now having seen the MC and MS film (we play Southern this week) MC was dominate over MS in the game and the score was closer than the game was IMO. MC went a tight end set and absolutely had Southern confused. Call it what you want but looked like to me MC was way more physical, out coached Southern. Watching Southerns offense they dont seem to know what they want to be, passing team, option team, running team. the SW v Southern Game should be interesting.
FBfan4life Wrote:Why won't they play this game at EKU to accommodate people? Money? Scheduling?

Because EKU wants a cut...This game alone pays for a bulk of both schools sports budgets.
ironfist13 Wrote:having seen both... if you think Southerns Skill guys are better than Central then I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. I went back and looked at the stats from the game. Central held Southern to 55 yards in the 1st half. 120 of Southerns yards came off 2 plays in the 2nd half. Central with the #1 and #11 is better than anyone outside of maybe #43 that Southern has to offer. And now having seen the MC and MS film (we play Southern this week) MC was dominate over MS in the game and the score was closer than the game was IMO. MC went a tight end set and absolutely had Southern confused. Call it what you want but looked like to me MC was way more physical, out coached Southern. Watching Southerns offense they dont seem to know what they want to be, passing team, option team, running team. the SW v Southern Game should be interesting.

No it won't...SW by a lot.