Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanon 58 Jenkins 56
Clark Stepp drives in and hits layup as time expires as JBS survives Jenkins 58-56..Chris Puckett scores 40 and grabs 7 rebounds for Jenkins.
40 out of 56 points isn't to bad. Puckett has/had to be one of the most underated playes in the 14th region. Who was guarding him???
He played unreal and like someone slapped his dog! The boy can just play..Nothing more you can say! Great game and Jenkins deserved to win it.. But congrats JBS and good Luck..
Dang, didnt expect this one to be so close. JBS escaped with this one, they better step it up.
I thought Puckett ate Stepp alive. Puckett is the most underrated player in the mountains. good game Jenkins and very well coached.
Congrats to JBS. But more props to Jenkins on a hard fought game, they deserved a W. What grade is Puckett??
Puckett is a junior and Jenkins is loaded up with Juniors. They start 4 Juniors. I thought this was a well played ballgame with a good game plan. All Jenkins needed was a couple of breaks at the end to have a huge upset.
Puckett only had 34 but still dominated the entire game. Jenkins was very patient on offense, holding the ball sometimes minutes at a time, usually until Pucket got free off a screen. Some other players on their team hit some big shots. Tough loss for Jenkins. JBS's big men played well, this is a good wake-up call for JBS. The crusaders live to play another day but they cannot afford anymore slip ups.
Jenkins played a great game tonight and JBS escaped with a 2 point win. Hard to beat a team 3 times, as JBS had beat them twice. JBS needs to play team ball and not try to make the Stepp brothers the stars. It is not working.
Congrats JBS......sounded like a great game congrats to jenkins as well!
I guess this shows them they wont have a cake walk threw the region. Congrats to JBS for the win. Congrats to Jenkins for playing them so close.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Sounded like a great game to watch tonight. Stepp hit a shot that was good if goes in and overtime if it doesn't, from what it sounds like. I don't see how you can call that a clutch shot because where's the pressure, was JBS down when he hit it? Congratulations to JBS on the win and to Stepp on a game winner, but its not really a clutch play.
It seemed to me that in the end nobody was on clark stepp. if they where then he passed them up. but, he had no problem going to the basket. what i'm saying is why didn't the jenkins coach put a better defense together in the "to" he called. everyone knew that clark stepp would take the last shot. i think they should have double teamed him.
Congrats JBS
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I guess this shows them they wont have a cake walk threw the region. Congrats to JBS for the win. Congrats to Jenkins for playing them so close.
You can never count out anyone during tourney time. I agree.
#1ukfan Wrote:It seemed to me that in the end nobody was on clark stepp. if they where then he passed them up. but, he had no problem going to the basket. what i'm saying is why didn't the jenkins coach put a better defense together in the "to" he called. everyone knew that clark stepp would take the last shot. i think they should have double teamed him.

I watched it on the news and Stepp went coast to coast in 7 seconds I believe. I don't understand why Jenkins was pressing, because Clark has gotta come up the floor with it. Pressing man to man in a tied game like that Jenkins is not going to foul and Stepp can blow right by them. That led to the game winner I believe.
As long as JBS is out for two kids and not playing team ball then these are the types of score you will see. They should beat Jenkins by 30+ but instead they play selfish and not team ball and dont get COx and Short involved in the game. This will keep them from going to Rupp. IF they had an unbiased coach without a secret agenda of getting one player MR. Basketball next year they they would make it to Rupp easily in the 14th.
Well, the second time I have seen JBS play and after all the reading about the Stepp's and such..I AGREE WITH EVERY WORD ABOUT HOW THEY REVOLVE EVERYTHING AROUND the 2! Tate Cox and Short are useless on that team and both players are very fundamental and doesn't get involved whatsoever! Not trying to start anything, but as a parent and either one of those being my kids, to ever have a chance to really see how could he could be, I SAY SO LONG JBS! I know by watching there fans, that some of them don't seem to thrilled about what is going on there either! So let's see how good you all will be without those 2! Collins played a great defensive game last night as well...Another great prospect with a useless role besides to rebound and get rid of it as soon as you can! UNREAL how much the Coaches could care less what anything thinks about the situation with Tate, Short, Collins and even the Conley kid who seems like to me has started since a freshman and now for some reason NEVER EVEN SEE's THE FLOOR! I guess it must be where he would shoot around 5-8 times a game last year..BALLHOG, LOL.....ONLY IN THE COACHES EYES I GUESS because Conley is a solid player as well! Well, just stating some opinions, and I guess minbe are useless because JBS is winning and when it comes down to it, that is all that matters, but this will hurt down the road this year in the tourney and next year when you only have the 2 Stepps on the team because of the way you have crapped on the rest of your players!
BTW, PUCKETT is your REAL DEAL as he did EAT STEPP ALIVE! Just ask anyone, because almost every team was there..They won't lie! He is one kid I would pay to watch play!
Close Game,congrats to JBS
NightFlier Wrote:As long as JBS is out for two kids and not playing team ball then these are the types of score you will see. They should beat Jenkins by 30+ but instead they play selfish and not team ball and dont get COx and Short involved in the game. This will keep them from going to Rupp. IF they had an unbiased coach without a secret agenda of getting one player MR. Basketball next year they they would make it to Rupp easily in the 14th.
I agree completely. Sence Stepp# 2 has been put in as starter they have gone down hill. They have taken Cox out of his game and don't use Short. Joe was running around, trying to lay it off on the refs , who did make some bad calls. But that was not the problem. As long as they give his boys all the shots thats is what is going to beat them. They need to get over themselves and play team ball.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well, the second time I have seen JBS play and after all the reading about the Stepp's and such..I AGREE WITH EVERY WORD ABOUT HOW THEY REVOLVE EVERYTHING AROUND the 2! Tate Cox and Short are useless on that team and both players are very fundamental and doesn't get involved whatsoever! Not trying to start anything, but as a parent and either one of those being my kids, to ever have a chance to really see how could he could be, I SAY SO LONG JBS! I know by watching there fans, that some of them don't seem to thrilled about what is going on there either! So let's see how good you all will be without those 2! Collins played a great defensive game last night as well...Another great prospect with a useless role besides to rebound and get rid of it as soon as you can! UNREAL how much the Coaches could care less what anything thinks about the situation with Tate, Short, Collins and even the Conley kid who seems like to me has started since a freshman and now for some reason NEVER EVEN SEE's THE FLOOR! I guess it must be where he would shoot around 5-8 times a game last year..BALLHOG, LOL.....ONLY IN THE COACHES EYES I GUESS because Conley is a solid player as well! Well, just stating some opinions, and I guess minbe are useless because JBS is winning and when it comes down to it, that is all that matters, but this will hurt down the road this year in the tourney and next year when you only have the 2 Stepps on the team because of the way you have crapped on the rest of your players!
I wonder , how long they think kids are going to sit and take their crap ? I can't believe they would rather let 2 kids shoot all the shots than win. But whatever turns them on. Nobpdy has to sit and take it.
The funny thing is the JBS fans (some anyways) thought they would walk thru the 14th Region tourney, the barely escaped the district. They keep thinkin like this, they are in for a very rude awakenin.
timeout Wrote:I wonder , how long they think kids are going to sit and take their crap ? I can't believe they would rather let 2 kids shoot all the shots than win. But whatever turns them on. Nobpdy has to sit and take it.

Have you ever noticed how JBS post updates to their stats on the KHSAA website? Well, it's every week, they never miss a week. It's all about the stats to them, nothing else. They have to get Clarks points and Clints threes posted or they go crazy. Most schools will go two, three, even a month or some still have posted stats, but not JBS. That's why they are not going to win the region, they don't focus on the team, just two individuals.
I heard from a reliable source that they were trying to get Clint more threes lately so he can pass Hicks for the most threes in the region. Well, I think they see that is not going to happen so you may actually see them playing better basketball the next few games. Hicks has around 100 threes as of now and Clint had 72 going into the Jenkins game, but no one's going to come close to Clark's scoring average. Keep up the good work boys.
Congrats JBS and congrats Jenkins for keeping it close. Sure did not see this one coming.
the reason you don't see conley much is because they are trying to work clint stepp into the starting position without upsetting the parents. i cannot believe that the parents of the other players are putting up with that. i would be embarresed to say that my kid went to jbs and you know it has to embarress the players as well. how would you feel if you went out every game and gave 110% and all you heard was how great the stepps are? i would be pissed.
Congrats Jbs! Great To See The Crusaders Prevail!!!!
congrats to the cavs for playing a good game, would have loved to see you pull off the upset
Congratulations to JBS. Sounds like this one was a huge nailbiter and Puckett's game..just wow! Congratulations to him as well!

Congrats to JBS on the win.