Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout Out to JC Golden Eagles
I hope that none of the Johnson Central players come here but just in case they do I want to say to each and every one of you that I am proud of you. You guys have fought hard over the year and you have overcome alot of adversity. Keep your heads up...you have nothing to be ashamed of...you played your guts out and this is one parent who is proud to be the parent of a Johnson Central Golden Eagle.

Jamie and Jesse thanks for the memories. I love both of you! Thanks for giving us some exciting basketball throughout your careers. :1:

James, you have definitely improved this year. Good job, young man!

Spud, I'm so sorry that you ended up sick. I pray that you will be back to 100% very soon and we look forward to seeing you in the black and gold next season.

Justin, you have really played hard the last few games. Keep your head and let's get ready for next season.

Reno, work hard this summer and let us see more of you on the floor next season. We need your muscle and your smarts!

To every member of the JV....you guys were awesome this year! Hats off! We look forward to seeing more and more of you on the hardwood next season.....:Clap:

Coach Starns and company....this is one parent who believes in you and in your philosophy. You have worked hard and invested alot in these boys this season. Thank you. Please don't get down on yourself, Coach. Keep your head up and your heart focused on our Lord and let's gear up and take this region by storm next season! We believe in you, Coach!

I love you, Golden Eagles! :letsparty
Excellent post Eagle Mom.
The word I'm hearing from the JC followers is Starn's will be asked to step down. Can anyone confirm this???
I honestly think that if JC asked Starns to step down, it will be a big mistake. I think that finally JC found a Coach that is on the same skill level at Bill MIke Runyon. Not many coaches on that level IMO. But Starns had a hard job, his kids thought that had the district and region in their back pocket. They learned a valuable lesson. He did all he could from a coaching standpoint, the rest was up to the kids, a very talented bunch of boys. They did win some big games, so we knew they could win. But they have to know they need to play every night, not just when it is P-ville
Rumor here in Pikeville is that he will join Coach Wells with the College next season.
weird season eagles? but to McCarty great career
EagleMom Wrote:I hope that none of the Johnson Central players come here but just in case they do I want to say to each and every one of you that I am proud of you. You guys have fought hard over the year and you have overcome alot of adversity. Keep your heads up...you have nothing to be ashamed of...you played your guts out and this is one parent who is proud to be the parent of a Johnson Central Golden Eagle.

Jamie and Jesse thanks for the memories. I love both of you! Thanks for giving us some exciting basketball throughout your careers. :1:

James, you have definitely improved this year. Good job, young man!

Spud, I'm so sorry that you ended up sick. I pray that you will be back to 100% very soon and we look forward to seeing you in the black and gold next season.

Justin, you have really played hard the last few games. Keep your head and let's get ready for next season.

Reno, work hard this summer and let us see more of you on the floor next season. We need your muscle and your smarts!

To every member of the JV....you guys were awesome this year! Hats off! We look forward to seeing more and more of you on the hardwood next season.....:Clap:

Coach Starns and company....this is one parent who believes in you and in your philosophy. You have worked hard and invested alot in these boys this season. Thank you. Please don't get down on yourself, Coach. Keep your head up and your heart focused on our Lord and let's gear up and take this region by storm next season! We believe in you, Coach!

I love you, Golden Eagles! :letsparty

:1: Nice post!
Sounds like you are an excellent parent!
I bet any coach is glad to have you and your child on their team!
Stay behind your Team always win or lose!
I think so many people forget it is just a game!
Coach Starns is returning next season. The rumors....as usual....have turned out to be false.

True2Blue....thanks for your comments. I believe that as parents we need to stop thinking that the basketball game is about our child and realize it is about the team. If we all would just keep our mouths shut and let the coach do his job then it would be better all around. If we would back our TEAM which includes the coaching staff....then we wouldn't have all of the drama that seems to face a couple teams every year. This year was just JC's turn for drama.

But I believe in my child...I believe in his coach.....and I believe in his team. That is all that needs be said.
EagleMom Wrote:Coach Starns is returning next season. The rumors....as usual....have turned out to be false.

True2Blue....thanks for your comments. I believe that as parents we need to stop thinking that the basketball game is about our child and realize it is about the team. If we all would just keep our mouths shut and let the coach do his job then it would be better all around. If we would back our TEAM which includes the coaching staff....then we wouldn't have all of the drama that seems to face a couple teams every year. This year was just JC's turn for drama.

But I believe in my child...I believe in his coach.....and I believe in his team. That is all that needs be said.
Thanks for the update EagleMom!!!
That is a great post EagleMom but I'm curious as to why you said "I hope none of the Johnson Central players come here" ?

thetribe Wrote:That is a great post EagleMom but I'm curious as to why you said "I hope none of the Johnson Central players come here" ?

Because it has been my experience that this forum is used as a bash this player or that player board instead of let's-talk-about-what-is-great-about-the-game-of-basketball-and-our-team board.

This team has had enough problems this season without getting on here and reading posts from their teammates and/or schoolmates are putting them down or others in the region who THINK they know what is going on are putting them down.

I know that some of them come on here...but I really wish they wouldn't.
EagleMom Wrote:Because it has been my experience that this forum is used as a bash this player or that player board instead of let's-talk-about-what-is-great-about-the-game-of-basketball-and-our-team board.

This team has had enough problems this season without getting on here and reading posts from their teammates and/or schoolmates are putting them down or others in the region who THINK they know what is going on are putting them down.

I agree, it just seems that people like to gang up on someone when they are at their low. That's the way our society is...JC had enough problems and I think that done a number on their play during the middle of their season and they just couldn't get back on track. Hopefully they can bounce back.
I'm really sorry that you two feel that way. BGR is a great place to come and talk sports. Everyone has their own opinion and have the right to think whatever they want but we do try to keep the board as civil and mature as possible. I cannot remove a post because someone's opinion isn't the same as mine, yours, or anyone else's but I think that it is a very positive place to come and talk sports. I've been here for 2 years and I love every minute of it. Every team gets down and out at sometime or another but bring the positive to the site. That is why it is here. Come here and post your opinion on it. When a team had a great game or season, as you have done hear, post something to commend their effort. It's not just "this forum" that people agree to disagree on. I honestly hurts my feelings that you would want your team to stay away from this board. We all have put some much time and effort into it, torQQue especially. He pays for everything on the site out of his pocket and still keeps it free so you and I can come here and say what we want to. If you have suggestions on how to make it a better experience please feel free to voice concerns or suggestions to myself or any other staff member via private message.

EagleMom Wrote:Because it has been my experience that this forum is used as a bash this player or that player board instead of let's-talk-about-what-is-great-about-the-game-of-basketball-and-our-team board.

People dont get on here to bash others. Bashing comes when someone wants to tell there opinion and say someone is better than another player.
I'm not saying it about everyone on the site...I'm just talking about it in general. Like on television or newspapers....when people have problems that's when they get the most attention. BGR is a great place, nothing better than talkin' sports.
Good Job Eagles!! We are always proud of you!:thumpsup:
thetribe Wrote:I'm really sorry that you two feel that way. BGR is a great place to come and talk sports. Everyone has their own opinion and have the right to think whatever they want but we do try to keep the board as civil and mature as possible. I cannot remove a post because someone's opinion isn't the same as mine, yours, or anyone else's but I think that it is a very positive place to come and talk sports. I've been here for 2 years and I love every minute of it. Every team gets down and out at sometime or another but bring the positive to the site. That is why it is here. Come here and post your opinion on it. When a team had a great game or season, as you have done hear, post something to commend their effort. It's not just "this forum" that people agree to disagree on. I honestly hurts my feelings that you would want your team to stay away from this board. We all have put some much time and effort into it, torQQue especially. He pays for everything on the site out of his pocket and still keeps it free so you and I can come here and say what we want to. If you have suggestions on how to make it a better experience please feel free to voice concerns or suggestions to myself or any other staff member via private message.

It would be great if everyone would simply talk sports and build up their teams instead of tearing down the other teams as well. I have seen so many players just out and out bashed on this forum. Last year I saw alot of players bashed on the forum by their own teammates! How is that conducive to bringing a team together as a team instead of as individuals? How is that conducive to building up the greatest game ever invented?

I have complained in the past about sportsmanship...or the lack thereof....at the games that I have attended this year. I complained about the fans and the way they have treated the cheerleaders....I have complained about the cheerleaders and the way they have treated the opposing players before the game even started....but even that is not what this forum should be about. If you want it to be a place where you can bring out the positive about a team then fix it that way....but nearly every time someone says something positive about a team you will have dozens of posts of people bashing either the team or the original poster. It is ludicrous. I believe that you should be able to point out the good in a player or a team without having to deal with others who get on there and tell you that you don't know what you are talking about.

I discourage my son coming to this forum for this purpose....however, I'm sure he still does on occasion. I want my son to believe in himself as much as I believe in him. I want him to believe what I say about him and not what the rival schools in the district or the region or even on his own teammates have to say about him as a player.

I have read a lot of crap on here regarding Jamie McCarty throughout the season...but you know what? Jamie is a Class A kid. He is a joy to be around and he is probably one of the most polite kids I have ever had the privilege of meeting. Jamie has stuck by his team and his teammates even though they haven't always stuck by him this season. I know Jamie and his family...they are top notch and I wouldn't trade Jamie for all of the so called superstars in the 15th Region or even the state of Kentucky. I hate it when I get on here and this person or that person from whatever school is dissing him and talking trash when in fact they don't know what they are talking about because they don't really know Jamie. And they don't truly know anyone else on this team...they just know their names and they know they can spread trash and rumors behind a made up name that no one can trace.

I'm sure that you want this to be a wonderful place...and at one point in time I would have said it was. But over the last couple of years I have become very disillusioned. Yeah I still come here on occasion...I guess I'm a glutton for punishment or maybe just maybe I want my team to be able to read something positive ever once in awhile.
EagleMom you are not the only eagle supporter on here. I am one myself. However I do not see a problem with the boys gettin on the boards and talking about the sport they love. Theres nothing one can do in life that doesn't have both positive and negative feedback. Thats just one thing that everyone has to come to accept. Yeah the eagles didn't have the season we wanted to see but did you really expect that Paintsville wouldn't bash them? Another team talking smack about it's rival is normal and if they didn't I for one would be worried. I attended JC not so long ago and I know how dead that hallway was when our Boys lost first round of the districts and so did the girls my senior year. It was like death had taken over the school. Im sure your son probably doesn't remember that. This years team had alot of internal problems, with anger, coaching, sickness, and inqury. You can't expect people not to talk about it. These boys were a team and they just could not get themselves together when they needed to be. You have to admit that the team that played Pville in the districts is not the same team that played them just 2 weeks before. Im not bashing JC and I would never do it. They know people thought negatively about them, you could tell from the fan support. All I have to say in closing is that the boys who will return next year, Lets get it in gear, work hard in the offseason and show the district and region you mean business!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Great posts EagleMom and SE04!!
Thanks for the positive posts, everyone. This is exactly what I'm talking about....

EAGLES! I love you all!
My post was in no way negative. I was just making a point. I supported them I went to just about every home game. No matter whether they won or lost I was there. I watched Jamie finsh his senior yr as well as Jesse. I know Jamie is a good kid, and I agree I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. But inorder for a team to have sucess they must one have confidence in each other and they must have the ability to work together with other players and the coaches to. When a player walks on the court they are playing 7-8 people depending on the number of refs. They must use their head and play team ball. JC has had problems with team ball for a very long time, long before Starns, and Trimble where ever there. What im trying to say is BGR does not make a team play bad or make mental mistakes, the players and the way they respond to the coach does, there are many other factors here. You can check my post I have never once said anything bad about any player on anyteam. I have never bashed a team either. I know basketball very well and believe me I love those eagles too. This year was a down year. One cannot focus on the task at hand if their are interal problems. Im gonna close like this , Next season everyone has a clean slate and how they learn from the mistakes and react to them will show up on the court.

SE04
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
SE04 Wrote:My post was in no way negative. I was just making a point. I supported them I went to just about every home game. No matter whether they won or lost I was there. I watched Jamie finsh his senior yr as well as Jesse. I know Jamie is a good kid, and I agree I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. But inorder for a team to have sucess they must one have confidence in each other and they must have the ability to work together with other players and the coaches to. When a player walks on the court they are playing 7-8 people depending on the number of refs. They must use their head and play team ball. JC has had problems with team ball for a very long time, long before Starns, and Trimble where ever there. What im trying to say is BGR does not make a team play bad or make mental mistakes, the players and the way they respond to the coach does, there are many other factors here. You can check my post I have never once said anything bad about any player on anyteam. I have never bashed a team either. I know basketball very well and believe me I love those eagles too. This year was a down year. One cannot focus on the task at hand if their are interal problems. Im gonna close like this , Next season everyone has a clean slate and how they learn from the mistakes and react to them will show up on the court.

SE04

SE04, I didn't say that anything in your post was negative. In fact I found it quite enlightening. It helped me to look at things a little differently....

The thanks offered was directed at you as well.

Thanks again....
if you dont like it eaglemom then dont get on here. this is a public forum and anyone can give there opinions
valleyrules101 Wrote:if you dont like it eaglemom then dont get on here. this is a public forum and anyone can give there opinions

This thread is not about you, Valley, it is a shoutout to JC so I would appreciate it if you would keep your negative comments to yourself and go to another thread.

That is my opinion...and I'm welcome to give it right?
valleyrules101 Wrote:if you dont like it eaglemom then dont get on here. this is a public forum and anyone can give there opinions

This is a public forum and anyone can post. If you dont have a vaild opinion on the thread please dont post in it. Keep this thread on topic it is about JC not EagleMom or it will be closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Personally, I liked watching JC play a couple of times this year. My favorite to watch is the Murrey(sp?) kid. I have spoken to coach Starns also, very friendly guy.