Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top players in the Mountains
Who are the top kids in the mountains? Seems this area dont get the respect state wide as some of the other areas.
I don't know about lack of respect for mountain players.
Green and Brock were first team all-staters last year out of 10 players statewide. Gibson was second team. Gross was third team.

13th
Green
Gross
Collett
Mathis
Sheppard

14th
Gibson
Proffitt
Higgins
Proffit got all state?

Among top in about every stat list
HCS Wrote:I don't know about lack of respect for mountain players.
Green and Brock were first team all-staters last year out of 10 players statewide. Gibson was second team. Gross was third team.

13th
Green
Gross
Collett
Mathis
Sheppard

14th
Gibson
Proffitt
Higgins

Very good list HCS. Green is the best in the mountains for sure. Dont forget Perry Centrals Hall. She is another up and comer. Home grown too.
I predict Blair Green (Harlan Co.), Kaylea Gross (Harlan Co.), Macie Gibson (Owsley Co.), and Lindsay Profitt (Perry Co.) will all be All-State in 17/18 season.
CA3 Wrote:I predict Blair Green (Harlan Co.), Kaylea Gross (Harlan Co.), Macie Gibson (Owsley Co.), and Lindsay Profitt (Perry Co.) will all be All-State in 17/18 season.

I couldn't agree more.
I was glad to see Gibson return to her home county and play out her senior year. Home grown!
1. Green
2. Higgins
3. Gibson
4. Collett
5. Hall
6. Gross
7. Profitt
8. Mathis
9. Steele
10. Sheppard
I never ranked kids that were not in high school yet. There are some very good middle school kids out there that are better than some on this list, but their time will come.
What's up with the home grown stuff?
RingKing Wrote:What's up with the home grown stuff?

What do you mean? Gibson went back to the county where she lives after she played at South Laurel right? She is playing in the county she lives in correct? That would be loyalty to the county she lives in correct? Home Grown. I think every player should have to play in the county they live in and I think the KHSAA should pass a rule that makes players do that. Just my opinion and alot of others too.

Also how about them PCC Football boys? Whoooo! 4-0!
Since Proffitt lives in Letcher County, I think you're right.
Green, anyone that can knock off harlan co this year faces a monstrous challenge.
I think Harlan co goes undefeated in the mtns this year
King Commodore, you are a PCC fan and don't want Lindsay Proffitt ? Lol
Proffitt definitely top 3 in mountains. If you deny that, you are delirious
Dr.Basketball Wrote:King Commodore, you are a PCC fan and don't want Lindsay Proffitt ? Lol

Where did I ever say that at?
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Proffitt definitely top 3 in mountains. If you deny that, you are delirious

1. Green
2. Higgins
3. Gibson
4. Collett
5. Hall
6. Gross
7. Profitt
8. Mathis
9. Steele
10. Sheppard
You've have to put the Rowe girl from Shelby Valley in this mix. Currently holds a couple D1 offers from my understanding.
CedarGapPrep Wrote:You've have to put the Rowe girl from Shelby Valley in this mix. Currently holds a couple D1 offers from my understanding.

You can't put her in this list. Please view her high school stats. One day she will definitely be in the mix, but not now.
KingCommodore Wrote:Where did I ever say that at?

It goes without saying
Dr.Basketball Wrote:You can't put her in this list. Please view her high school stats. One day she will definitely be in the mix, but not now.

Why not? She has more D1 offers than any other player in the mountain. I could have put her in but it would have caused a uproar. She will get UK UL offers.
Ally Collett has 4 D1 offers... To my understanding she would have the second most other than Green which is playing at UK next year? I've not seen some of these kids play but other than high school stats, I think you would have to rate these players on college scholarships. I've heard the Gibson girl is legit but just doesn't get the proper exposure. So I'd say Green, Collett, Gibson.
Gibson played AAU I know past three years, so she has gotten exposure. I forgot about the kid from South having that many offers. She is another good player. Alot of players dont have true positions which makes colleges not look their way.

Gibson is the reigning 14th Region player of the year and will likely repeat that honor, however Higgins is a strong contender as well as Hall.
Good luck to them all. I'll stick with Proffitt.... She has already proven it and is a lot better.
Don't forget Green is a transfer also
Blair Green?

If so, how is she considered a transfer?
Green lives right in Harlan. SMH. Mom is the high school coach. Big difference than family moving in and just school hopping when things dont go your way.....Greens mom is a Harlan County girl.
She is definitely a transfer from Middlesboro but what is wrong with that. What is wrong with transferring, if it's in your kids best interest? Not one thing. It obviously paid off, she has signed with UK and definitely a top player in the state. Obviously King Commodore is not a true Commodore fan, just trying to passive aggressively attack the Proffitts lol....
I'm a true Commodore fan. I'll take Fields, Hall, Proffitt, Pollard, Eversole and the rest of the gang over anyone. I'll also take coach Napier over anyone. This group has had a year together now and will be ready to get to state. That's most important and that's what they're after. Individual discussions out the window!!! Go Lady Dores!!
Coach03 Wrote:I've heard the Gibson girl is legit but just doesn't get the proper exposure. So I'd say Green, Collett, Gibson.

Please. She was a second-team all-stater last year and has played with one of the top AAU teams in the state. Playing at Harlan County didn't get Green the scholarship offers and playing at South didn't get Collett her offers. It's all about the spring and AAU. It's not 1975 anymore.