Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central 65 Belfry 54
Congrats On The District Win Lady Hawks!
was this a close game??
Congrats Hawks!
Congrats Hawks!
Lawrence Wrote:was this a close game??
\

It was pretty close then what people Thought. Belfry was playing good the first half but in the 2nd they kinda strated to fall apart.Congrats to Belfry and PC on going to the Expo
It was a good game! Congrats Lady Hawks!
Belfry made more baskets from the field than PC turned the ball over less times, and had less turnovers, and only got out rebounded by three points. But Belfry finished 5-9 at the line, and PC finished 24-36. Belfry again had several girls foul out, 30-14 foul total. I'm not trying to sound bitter because I hate excuses but it makes me kind of feel sick because Hayley (who is a good player) can push off the whole way up a court and then draw a touch foul, makes no sense to me.
By the way big congrats to Kayla Lowe she is a great player IMO as good as any player in the region and a very good person. Stats was Hayley 27, 12-22 at the line, Kayla 16 and Holly 15, both shot 5-6 at the line. SLone had 8.
Deskins had 19 and Pruitt had 11 and Robinette had 8 for Belfry. Meghan Staten scored 10 points.
I'm not trying to sound bitter or degrade Central because they played a good game, besides for the fact Hayley missed 10 free throws which I find odd.
But we had the worst crew in the world Thursday night Central fans will agree with me on that, and they did miss some calls both ways. Maybe Im just a sore looser, which isn't a bad thing and I'm not trying to digrade Central, but its agervating when you win every part of the game but foul shots.
This game was close the entire way. Belfry made some mistakes in the first half (not converting points off turnovers), but foul trouble really took them out of the game. There were a couple times that PC held a ten point lead, but Belfry was able to cut into it fairly quickly with their pressure defense but had to back off with the foul trouble. Four of the five starters fouled out of the game, and all were in foul trouble by the end of the first half. They did not have enough experience on the bench to make up for the starters having to sit. Only in the last three minutes did PC keep the lead for good with foul shots.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Belfry made more baskets from the field than PC turned the ball over less times, and had less turnovers, and only got out rebounded by three points. But Belfry finished 5-9 at the line, and PC finished 24-36. Belfry again had several girls foul out, 30-14 foul total. I'm not trying to sound bitter because I hate excuses but it makes me kind of feel sick because Hayley (who is a good player) can push off the whole way up a court and then draw a touch foul, makes no sense to me.
By the way big congrats to Kayla Lowe she is a great player IMO as good as any player in the region and a very good person. Stats was Hayley 27, 12-22 at the line, Kayla 16 and Holly 15, both shot 5-6 at the line. SLone had 8.
Deskins had 19 and Pruitt had 11 and Robinette had 8 for Belfry. Meghan Staten scored 10 points.
I'm not trying to sound bitter or degrade Central because they played a good game, besides for the fact Hayley missed 10 free throws which I find odd.
But we had the worst crew in the world Thursday night Central fans will agree with me on that, and they did miss some calls both ways. Maybe Im just a sore looser, which isn't a bad thing and I'm not trying to digrade Central, but its agervating when you win every part of the game but foul shots.

Sorry, this post wasn't up yet when I started typing mine.
CONGRATS PC and good luck to both teams in region tourn.
As far as Miss Ratliff pushing off all the way up the court, I find that hard to believe. An offensive player has the right to use their forearm to protect the basketball. Haley was called for an offensive foul when she did use her forearm to push off; otherwise, having that forearm up in itself is NOT a foul. Yes, she missed some free throws, but she took the ball in her hands when she needed to and stepped up and played like a leader.

MORE IMPORTANTLY...the Lady Hawks played as a team and unselfishly. The celebration was wonderful, but all their fans knew they were not satisfied. Their only goal is BOWLING GREEN!
Belfry Wins Wrote:Belfry made more baskets from the field than PC turned the ball over less times, and had less turnovers, and only got out rebounded by three points. But Belfry finished 5-9 at the line, and PC finished 24-36. Belfry again had several girls foul out, 30-14 foul total. I'm not trying to sound bitter because I hate excuses but it makes me kind of feel sick because Hayley (who is a good player) can push off the whole way up a court and then draw a touch foul, makes no sense to me.

i was not there but i did listen to it and i was suprised w/ the foul to foul ratio...at the begining of the game they were pretty close...but central does penetrate alot and with the refs in the 15th if there is the smallest contact then a foul will be called...When Paige got into foul trouble that really hurt them it took away Belfrys top inside player and let PC have a field day on rebounds...the rebounds belfry got sounded to be rebounds that came off long something Coach Butcher may ant to adress to his guards b-4 region especially if they play Magoffin b/c as we all know when Magoffin gets the rebound they go for the quick outlet pass and are off to the races...PC really needs to take care of the lead they made a big run in the 2nd when a few Belfry starters were on the bench but quickly let it slip away in the 3rd...Belfry and Coach Collins did a great job of not giving up and I am proud to say that we had to beat a team like Belfry...Congrats to my girls at PC they are wearing the jerseys proud and thats what we need, now go out next week and take it game by game dont look ahead...
Congrats PCC
Congrats Lady Hawks!

But We Know Where We Wanna GoSmile

Bowling Green!!
that was a heck of a game. the belfry pep section for the girls tonight was horrible, i don't know what was up with that? i just don't think coach collins had enough expierence under her belt or expierence off the bench. congrats to both teams. and i didn't realize how down belfry is going to be next year, they better hope they get something coming in for them.
congrats to pc. however, this team doesn't look quite as good as it did early in the season. They beat teams like Clay and mc with defense and ball movement. They now seem more apprehensive and holding the ball on the offensive end waiting for an opening inside. Seems like theyre trying to continuously force the ball in and making more turnovers. If I recall they jumped on mc early and never let up but it seems like theyre starting their games slower defensively now. Overall the defense is good but justseems to start slow. Belfry should not blame the reffing for the number of fouls called in this game> The same thing happened to them against valley with a different crew>
Congrats Pike Central
Grats to PC
Congrats PC
The simple truth is that Belfry fouls a great deal. They press up much of the game, playing defense with their hands instead of their feet. They are constantly reaching and slapping. They will have a better go of it in the regionals, the 13th lets you reach and slap!