Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results from State??
Congrats to all of the 15th region squads! IMO we all represented our region VERY well!
And a special congrats to Prestonsburg! Great job!!!
Graves, the states best overall squad, allows middle schoolers, IF they are good enough to make the squad as is the case with this years squad
phs1986 Wrote:Snake,
Got the 411 on Phelps Co-ed.... they placed 6th.... only a couple pts difference!! Great job IMO ..... had to re-work their routine due to a girl hurting her back and being unable to compete!! This is their first time in co-ed ..... I' m proud of them!!!!:Cheerlead

omg are you serious?!?! that is sooo great! i dont feel so bad for not placing now! well im glad i threw my full twist! : D that is so shocking for our first year!
Congratulations Letcher County Central Blue and Perry County Central Black! You'all both done awesome. In my opinion both squads should have placed higher. I seen both squads standing at about 3rd place. But they did place and recieve trophies so thats all that matters. You represent the 14th region well. Both are very talented squads. The sky is the limit for each of them. I think it would be cool to see an all-star squad between the two of them. Both has awesome tumbling and Letcher Central is co-ed which could make awesome stunts, it would be very interesting. The two squads seem to get along well when around each other and both coaches know each other well, they should consider that...
friendofbelfry Wrote:Us folks at Belfry had great seats, due to competing early.....What happened to Pikeville was terrible, it was the worst thing I had see in cheerleading. I have to say Mrs. Stone and her squad, really pulled it together. When the squad came back out , we tried to cheer them on, and help them out, they needed all the support they could get at this point. I must say, when they finished the second time, some of the girls came in the stands and personally thanked us for our support. I thought that showed true class and maturity, I wish Kayela a speedy recovery and best wishes! Congrats to P-burg for a top 5 finish, WAY TO GO!

Congrats to the pburg and pikeville squads. Pburg did absolutely awesome, but i knew they would, and pikeville did good as always.
I was suprised that LCC didn't place at least third. And I was also suprised the estill and powell didn't place. estill had a pretty good routine. Powell didn't even have much of a squad 4 years ago. And to come and build off of that and win regions and then go on to state for the first time in several years is a real accomplishment. What hurts powell is their tumbling. I think that Powell should make gymnastics a requirement like some schools do. However I am looking forward to their routine next season. GO POWELL and next year place higher in state!!!
I fully agree, that is definetely what hurts Powell, I do believe that impleting a plan to require gymnastics class for all the cheerleaders would help. I know that is what Estill does and I honestly think they have some of the best tumbling that I have seen, not only on their High School team but more on their Allstar teams in the county. Powell has improved a lot from last year (tumbles as well as stunts), and I believe that they will continue to improve because I have seen the middle school girls and several of them have tumbling. I dont believe ANYONE thought that Powell would win state if they were being serious, everyone was just excited that Powell got to go compete at state for the first time in six years. But congrats girls for getting that far.
#1 Cheerleader Wrote:I was suprised that LCC didn't place at least third. And I was also suprised the estill and powell didn't place. estill had a pretty good routine. Powell didn't even have much of a squad 4 years ago. And to come and build off of that and win regions and then go on to state for the first time in several years is a real accomplishment. What hurts powell is their tumbling. I think that Powell should make gymnastics a requirement like some schools do. However I am looking forward to their routine next season. GO POWELL and next year place higher in state!!!
yeah. i agree, both should have placed higher. But Estill & Powell arnt what you would call "known" in the KAPOS world...considering all cheerleading is now is politics. Rolleyes
Im not bragging but estill did the best we've ever done & i didnt get to see powell compete at state but i saw them at regions and yeah they have improved alot. Oh well, theres always next year! :] good luck to both teams!*:Cheerlead