Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
59th District "Battle for Blood"
59TH District
“BATTLE FOR BLOOD”

The 59th District will sponsor the First “Battle for Blood” during the week of the district tournament. The winning school will be announced during the awards ceremony on championship night. Help your team and school win the 1st annual “Battle for Blood.” The Central Kentucky Blood Center will be collecting blood at Pikeville High School on Monday, Feb. 26; at Shelby Valley High School on Tuesday, Feb. 27; and at East Ridge on Thursday, March 1st from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Come out and support your team and community by giving blood.
I'll probably give blood, you havn't to be 17 or older dont you?
Well than if you have to be 17 or older, I cant do it.
Is this for every one to come out I need to give blood. I aint done it since my senior year.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Is this for every one to come out I need to give blood. I aint done it since my senior year.

I Don't Know,thats a good question. I'll try to find out during school monday
That's the way we do it at Betsy Layne!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Is this for every one to come out I need to give blood. I aint done it since my senior year.
I'm sure they will accept anyone. Blood is always on short supply. This is a GREAT idea. But yes, you have to be 17 to give.
I think they are looking for ANYONE(over 17) in each community to help out AND show your support for your school...a friendly competition for a GREAT cause.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I think they are looking for ANYONE(over 17) in each community to help out AND show your support for your school...a friendly competition for a GREAT cause.

I agree. Nice clean fun competition before the nastyness begins. lol Great idea.
This is a great idea. Giving blood is always a good thing to do and I try to make a habit of it whether I get something out of it or not but helping your school, alumni, or local team is a great way to get spirits up for tournament time.

If you have a cold can u still give blood?
If you aren't on any antibiotics you PROBABLY still can. Just go and try. Fill out the questions and see.

thetribe Wrote:If you aren't on any antibiotics you PROBABLY still can. Just go and try. Fill out the questions and see.

alright thanks, I have a freakin cold and district and regions are coming up lol..
Hope you feel better. I am not positive on regulations for donation but I am thinking that antibiotics restrict you. I don't think that other medications will. Hope that helped.

Any idea if they are doing this any where else? I am going to the 56th district tourny and I would like to give......
So far I've only heard of it being in the 59th district but maybe other locations will hear of it and catch on. Contact the local Central Kentucky Blood Center and ask.

thetribe Wrote:Hope you feel better. I am not positive on regulations for donation but I am thinking that antibiotics restrict you. I don't think that other medications will. Hope that helped.

Thanks man,
Ok thanx!!!
Haha, not a man but you're welcome anyway.

SV won the 59th District Battle for Blood this year and took home the traveling trophy.