Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 2018
Lady Engineers won their 11th straight 56th district championship but fell to a very solid Leslie county team 7-5 in the first round of the 14th region tournament.

Look at next season's Lady Engineers;

Estill only loses 3 from this year's squad. McKinley Meek, Taylor Wiseman and Abby Winkle.

They return everyone else. They will have only 4 seniors on next year's team so they will be junior lead with 7 juniors.

As far as the schedule goes;

May 18th @ South Laurel

I'm assuming they will be playing Harrison County at home in some type of triangle on May 19th.

I have heard that Rowan is on it, not sure if it's home or away.

Have heard that the district games have been made but I have not heard the dates yet.

I think Lafayette is on it as a home game. Could be wrong though.

Also, I think Rockcastle County is on it as well as Madison Southern, Model and Madison Central. Probably about the same teams that's usually on it.

Estill County should have a much better season than this season.
April 21st Triangle @ Somerset
add Rowan County to the schedule. Date is to be determined though.
Well when the 2018 calendars are published in about 6 months from now, I'll be sure to write those dates down on mine. In the meantime, they may want to venture east before May so they don't get surprised again.
Creek Jumper Wrote:Well when the 2018 calendars are published in about 6 months from now, I'll be sure to write those dates down on mine. In the meantime, they may want to venture east before May so they don't get surprised again.

I would not be surprised to see both Perry Central and East Carter on their schedule next season. If not both then at least one. They were scheduled to play both last season but rain put a damper on that...
Estill has picked up a game with Perry Central for next season.

Apr. 21st @ Somerset Triangle (vs Lincoln Co and Somerset)
May 18th @ South Laurel

Games on schedule with details to be worked out; Rowan county and Perry Central
Rockcastle is on it, don't know the date just yet
Estill is participating in the Pulaski County Round Robin on March 24th. I'm not sure how many games each team gets but the following teams are committed. Estill, Pulaski and Madison Central.
So far we have;

3/24 Pulaski County Round Robin (vs. Rockcastle Co. and TBA)
4/12 @ Montgomery County
4/21 Somerset Triangle (vs. Lincoln County and Somerset)
5/3 Rockcastle County
5/14 @ Montgomery County
5/18 @ South Laurel

They also have a home and home with Madison Central. Have a game with Perry Central and district opponents; Lee, Owsley and Powell
Estill will play Pulaski and Rockcastle Counties on March 24th in the Pulaski Round Robin

Estill will also head to Tates Creek on April 7th for a triangle with Creek and Somerset

Estill will also go to Rowan County on May 12th for a triangle with Rowan and Lawrence

Estill will host Breathitt County on May 16th

Looks like no games with Model or Fleming County this season which is odd.
No games with Bourbon County either. Looks like Coach Beard is changing up the schedule. I've heard that Estill and GRC are probably gonna play and Estill could be playing in GRC's Invitational tournament.

Powell County games are April 9th (@ Powell) and April 30th (@ Estill)
MARCH
19th @ Lee County
20th @ Madison Southern
22nd vs Madison Central
23rd vs. Paul Laurence Dunbar
24th Pulaski Round Robin (vs Rockcastle 1 PM and Pulaski County 5 PM)
26th @ Owsley County
28th vs. GRC
29th @ Lincoln County

APRIL
7th Tates Creek Spring Fling (vs. Tates Creek and Somerset)
9th @ Powell County
10th vs. Garrard County
12th vs. Montgomery County
13th vs. Bourbon County
14th Estill County Triangle (vs. Lex Cath and Perry Central)
16th vs. Lee County
17th @ Madison Central
19th vs. Wolfe County
20th-21st Wizard of Ozz Classic @ Letcher Central
23rd @ Model
30th vs. Powell County

MAY
1st vs. Lincoln County
3rd vs. Rockcastle County
7th vs. Owsley County
8th vs. Boyle County
10th @ Garrard County
11th @ East Jessamine
12th Rowan County Triangle (vs. Rowan and Lawrence)
14th @ Montgomery County
15th vs. Lafayette
17th vs. Breathitt County
18th @ South Laurel
19th Estill County Triangle (vs. Madison Southern and Harrison County)

Pretty solid schedule for Coach Beard and the Lady Engineers
"Estill only loses 3 from this year's squad. McKinley Meek, Taylor Wiseman and Abby Winkle. They return everyone else. They will have only 4 seniors on next year's team so they will be junior lead with 7 juniors."

Seems like that "only" is a big ONLY. I just looked on Max Preps, and appears those 3 was top 5 in every offensive category over the last 2 years. This year should be interesting in the 14th Region. Good Luck to the Engineers!
Those three may have put up decent offensive numbers but 2/3 were defensively very weak. Lots of fielding errors. The region game I watched had that one inning with loaded bases after two infield errors that if didn’t exist would have ended the inning with a Estill lead. Any improvement in defense by the replacements will help the Engineer team as they retain some strong batters.