Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg-66 Magoffin Co.-63
Final
GREAT job pburg!
Wow, didnt expect this.
Pburg heading into tourny play looking good...
Congrats P-Burg
Congrats Pburg!
did magoffin play as good as they did against powell??
All of a sudden P-Burg seems to be one of those spoiler teams if they can get in the regional tourney!!
holy crap lol nice job Pburg:Cheerlead
Congrats P-Burg....Very physical game, lots of hard fouls. Magoffin's senior Clay Fletcher did not play and senior Devin Rice went out with looked to be a bad ankle injury. Patton played well on defense and Magoffin couldnt get a shot to fall, and the free throws killed them I counted them go on a 1 for 9 at one point. Great effort from both teams they will both sleep well tonight.
Congrats Prestonsburg. Keep up the hard work for tournament time!!
devins ankle was swelled really bad he had a big knot on top of his ankle i dont look for him back for the tourney
14thregionallstate Wrote:did magoffin play as good as they did against powell??

NO! They started their third leading scorer and he played about 1 minute and came out of the game for the rest of the night, because of an injury he suffered against Powell. Devin Rice went out in I believe early fouth/late third with an ankel injuyry. Eric was in foul trouble the second half. Magoffin played the second half with 1 senior and 3 sophomores and a junior! If magoffin would have shot 50% from the free throw line they would have one. Sorry performance by Magoffin on their senior night. But good luck to Clay, Devin, Nathan, and Eric to the rest of their career and their life. As for Pburg, they just played like they wanted it more. They are not near the team Magoffin is,agoffin just gave it away. This makes 2 games in a row that Magoffin gave away. But anyways congrats Pburg!
14thregionallstate Wrote:did magoffin play as good as they did against powell??

NO! They started their third leading scorer and he played about 1 minute and came out of the game for the rest of the night, because of an injury he suffered against Powell. Devin Rice went out in I believe early fouth/late third with an ankel injuyry. Eric was in foul trouble the second half. Magoffin played the second half with 1 senior and 3 sophomores and a junior! If magoffin would have shot 50% from the free throw line they would have one. Sorry performance by Magoffin on their senior night. But good luck to Clay, Devin, Nathan, and Eric to the rest of their career and their life. As for Pburg, they just played like they wanted it more. They are not near the team Magoffin is,agoffin just gave it away. This makes 2 games in a row that Magoffin gave away. But anyways congrats Pburg!
it seemed that magoffin couldnt miss a free throw against powell until them last 2 at the end that could of sealed the game
Well i hate that for devin and i hope that he makes a fast recovery! How did he get hurt anyways?
Nice win for P-burg, even if Magoffin was banged up. Good luck to Devin! Hope he can make it back for the district, but those ankle injuries can be tough if they are bad ones.
I'm unsure why everyone is so surprised about this score. What has Magoffin County done this year to warrant such praise that it's a "good" win when somebody beats them. They were 13-13 coming into the game. I just don't understand the "wows" and "didn't expect this" comments.

Prestonsburg is the most improved team since the beginning of the sesaon. People shouldn't be surprised when they beat a .500 team now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have a question! Why isn't anyone dogging Patton now?!
Old Man Wilderness Wrote:I have a question! Why isn't anyone dogging Patton now?!

Well you give me this awesome player stats...compare them to Eric Arnett's stats. Eric had a great block tonight...Pattons were nothing.
what did arnett have? besides another loss?
alfus21 Wrote:I'm unsure why everyone is so surprised about this score. What has Magoffin County done this year to warrant such praise that it's a "good" win when somebody beats them. They were 13-13 coming into the game. I just don't understand the "wows" and "didn't expect this" comments.

Prestonsburg is the most improved team since the beginning of the sesaon. People shouldn't be surprised when they beat a .500 team now.

Magoffin just came off a buzzer beater loss to Powell, one of the top teams in their region. They had a chance to beat Belfry at the end of regulation but missed 2 free throws, then went into overtime. They lead JBS through 3 quarters and like 6 minutes left in the fourth. They may not have the record but I assure you that Magoffin is no pushover. They played without their 3rd leading scorer the whole game, Eric was in foul trouble, and Devin was injured the whole fourth quarter. I know you will say sometihng about excuses or what not but Magoffin had no one to step up and score for them when crunch time came. With only one senior on the court and the rest mainly sophomores.
15thRegionX Wrote:Magoffin just came off a buzzer beater loss to Powell, one of the top teams in their region. They had a chance to beat Belfry at the end of regulation but missed 2 free throws, then went into overtime. They lead JBS through 3 quarters and like 6 minutes left in the fourth. They may not have the record but I assure you that Magoffin is no pushover. They played without their 3rd leading scorer the whole game, Eric was in foul trouble, and Devin was injured the whole fourth quarter. I know you will say sometihng about excuses or what not but Magoffin had no one to step up and score for them when crunch time came. With only one senior on the court and the rest mainly sophomores.

I was just saying, even if they "almost" beat those teams they still didn't beat them. They also lost to Lawrence County twice, Paintsville twice, Breathitt bad, and lost a lot of bad out of mountain games against weak teams.

Even with a healthy team they aren't great enough to be considered a "good" win for most teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I was just saying, even if they "almost" beat those teams they still didn't beat them. They also lost to Lawrence County twice, Paintsville twice, Breathitt bad, and lost a lot of bad out of mountain games against weak teams.

Even with a healthy team they aren't great enough to be considered a "good" win for most teams.

Magoffin can't finish games! You tell me who Pburg has beat? If Magoffin had their players at 100% then they would have came away with the W. The Lawrence County lose at home was by 2 points and they gave the game away there being up 8 with 5 mins left. The Paintsville game well it was paintsville, the Breathitt was bad but they are a great team. Now tell me who these weak teams are?
15thRegionX Wrote:Magoffin can't finish games! You tell me who Pburg has beat? If Magoffin had their players at 100% then they would have came away with the W. The Lawrence County lose at home was by 2 points and they gave the game away there being up 8 with 5 mins left. The Paintsville game well it was paintsville, the Breathitt was bad but they are a great team. Now tell me who these weak teams are?

I never said Prestonsburg had beaten anybody, but they had improved enough to where it shouldn't be a surprise when they beat a mediocre team like Magoffin.

Weak teams Magoffin has lost to includes:
Muhlenberg South and Reidland who are a combined 25-29. They barely came within 20 of Ashland Blazer, and those losses to Lawrence County really stand out.

Magoffin has two wins over teams with a winning record, and one of those teams is Pike Central which sits at 14-13.

Every other team they have beaten has a losing record.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionX Wrote:Magoffin can't finish games! You tell me who Pburg has beat? If Magoffin had their players at 100% then they would have came away with the W. The Lawrence County lose at home was by 2 points and they gave the game away there being up 8 with 5 mins left. The Paintsville game well it was paintsville, the Breathitt was bad but they are a great team. Now tell me who these weak teams are?
If IFS and BUTS were candy and nuts then everydaywould be christmas.
Old Man Wilderness Wrote:If IFS and BUTS were candy and nuts then everydaywould be christmas.

...Really mature...
alfus21 Wrote:I never said Prestonsburg had beaten anybody, but they had improved enough to where it shouldn't be a surprise when they beat a mediocre team like Magoffin.

Weak teams Magoffin has lost to includes:
Muhlenberg South and Reidland who are a combined 25-29. They barely came within 20 of Ashland Blazer, and those losses to Lawrence County really stand out.

Magoffin has two wins over teams with a winning record, and one of those teams is Pike Central which sits at 14-13.

Every other team they have beaten has a losing record.

The last time I checked 25-29 record sure is not BAD but it isnt good. So I wouldn't consider them weak loses. The game I do believe are bad are the Lawrence games. I was at the Ashland game and Ashland was a pretty good team. But all this does not matter come tourney time. If Magoffin plays like they did tonight they will be one and done. Who does Pburg play first round?
Old Man Wilderness Wrote:If IFS and BUTS were candy and nuts then everydaywould be christmas.

1 if and 1 but in that post. The but was to state that Breathitt was a good team. So yea
15thRegionX Wrote:1 if and 1 but in that post. The but was to state that Breathitt was a good team. So yea
k:thumpsup:
15thRegionX Wrote:Well you give me this awesome player stats...compare them to Eric Arnett's stats. Eric had a great block tonight...Pattons were nothing.

Well 15th, here you are again bashing Patton. Did you watch the same game, Eric Arnett was SHUT DOWN by Patton. Patton out scored him, out rebounded him, and had 5 or 6 blocked shots.