Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All "A" Classic Elite 8
Alright guys, the All "A" Classic Elite 8 is coming up this weekend and the bracket is set.

Lexington Christian vs Walton Verona
Caldwell Co. vs Bishop Brossart

Pikeville vs Middlesboro
Louisville Holy Cross vs Monroe Co.

Obviously, as a Middlesboro fan, I'm most excited about the Middlesboro vs. Pikeville matchup. I'm sure Middlesboro will throw Tyler McCullough and that alone should keep them in the game assuming they play sound defense. Admittedly, other than their record, I dont much about them.

Any thoughts on the matchups?
If Middlesboro does indeed throw McCullough, I give them the edge. That kid is dynamite.
Great first-round matchup of mountain teams, best of luck to the Yellow Jackets, hope the weather cooperates and you can get it in.
When I said I didn't know much about them, I forgot to specify that I was referring to Pikeville. Lol
They still have the game tomorrow with all the rain
Where are they playing these games. I noticed yesterday on my way home from Illinois that Pikeville was staying in Winchester
Redneck Wrote:Where are they playing these games. I noticed yesterday on my way home from Illinois that Pikeville was staying in Winchester
Whitaker Bank park in Lexington. Home of the Lexington Legends.
Who won this tournament today? How did the games go today?
Middlesboro lost to Louisville Holy Cross 8-0. Caldwell Co. beat Lexington Christian.

Louisville Holy Cross beat Caldwell Co. 5-3 in the championship.
I know the Holy Cross game was disappointing, but that's a nice run by Middlesboro, making the Final Four, with two really good wins over Hazard and Pikeville along the way.
I was pulling for Middlesboro , thought they had a good shot at actually winning it. Good run, congrats.