Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams who have won the All A classic and the sweet 16 in the same season.
What are the teams that have pulled this feat off and what years did they do it in?
I'd assume Shelby Valley is the only team to ever win both in the same season - 2010
Harlan won the All A in 1995 and lost in the Sweet 16 semifinals.
I would say UHA and Shelby Valley
Mountain Wrote:I would say UHA and Shelby Valley

UHA has never done both in the same year as crazy as it seems.
So a small it stands there has only been one team to do it. How long has the all a classic been going?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:So a small it stands there has only been one team to do it. How long has the all a classic been going?

Since 1980
Hazard's girls team won both when they had Alexander, Sizemore and other great players. I don't remember the year but I think around early 2000's.
Shelby Valley is the only boys team to win both (All-A & Sweet 16) in the same season..... 2010.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Didn't Paintsville get beat in the All-A one yr and win sweet 16 in same yr?
Spud6 Wrote:Since 1980

All A Classic started in 1990.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JerryGarcia Wrote:Didn't Paintsville get beat in the All-A one yr and win sweet 16 in same yr?

Yes. 1996, Paintsville lost to Harlan in the first round.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:All A Classic started in 1990.

The All A started as a statewide tournament in 1990 for boys and 1991 for girls.
There was a smaller invitational tournament in northern Kentucky before that and they brought in Class A teams from around the state to play teams in northern Kentucky.
JerryGarcia Wrote:Didn't Paintsville get beat in the All-A one yr and win sweet 16 in same yr?

Paintsville
1995 - lost in All "A" 1st Round (Lexington Catholic), lost in "Sweet 16" 1st Round
1996 - lost in All "A" 1st Round (Harlan), won "Sweet 16"
1997 - lost in All "A" finals (Lexington Catholic), lost in "Sweet 16" Final Four
1998 - lost in All "A" Final Four (University Heights), lost in "Sweet 16" finals
I thought The Harlan city bunch was going to in the mid 90s but didn't get er done.
Most of the teams that win the all A never make it to the sweet 16, The only one thats done it has been Shelby Vally