Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 25 Owsley County 0 (5 innings)
Final from Estill County

Lots of errors and hits batters by the Owls in this one
This is a prime example of why the new 5 inning rule is bad. I am sure the game could have been over much sooner.
Yeah it should have been over at the 3rd inning. Owsley had 3-4 errors in the 1st inning alone. Owsley had 5 or 6 hit batters, some came with the bases loaded that forced in runs, not to mention, I think they had some walks that forced in runs as well. I think baseball needs to adopt the softball rule, when your up 15 or so, then call the game after 3, no sense in playing several more innings when the games already over
Strikeout King Wrote:Yeah it should have been over at the 3rd inning. Owsley had 3-4 errors in the 1st inning alone. Owsley had 5 or 6 hit batters, some came with the bases loaded that forced in runs, not to mention, I think they had some walks that forced in runs as well. I think baseball needs to adopt the softball rule, when your up 15 or so, then call the game after 3, no sense in playing several more innings when the games already over

Used to be 20 after 3, 15 after 4, 10 after 5. I guess the new rule this year is ALL baseball games must go 5 innings....which will unfortunately lead to games like this one that are not good for either side. Softball is still 15 after 4 but I cannot verify if the 20 after 3 still is in play.
Estill done everything to keep the score from going up. Coach Crowe pulled his starters and basically put his JV team in, in the 2nd or 3rd I think it was. Owsley had 10 errors that led to a lot of runs as well as hit batters and walks. Estill had only one extra base hit all night and that was a triple that scored 2, maybe?