Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset
Any news on this job? Wonder who the favorite is for this one? It'll be an interesting job for someone; bring everyone back with a nice young freshman class.
Haven't heard much on this either. I'm assuming it's quiet over spring break. I have a hunch that Coach Lynch might apply after having that great run in the middle school level with the current 8th grade class. Other than that, everything is 100 percent rumor that hear.
I know a couple that's applied but no clue who will get it
At the end of the day, I wouldn't mind if Lynch got the job. He has had success that most people would love to have and by all accounts a good man and a good coach.

However, it would be nice to see a hire that is considered "outside" the Somerset family. Hiring someone with no real Somerset ties would be a good thing. I don't know if someone like a Chris Fitzgerald would even be interested, but that's the kind of hire that would be welcomed in my eyes. Or shoot higher and try to entice someone like Jeff Sheppard. (even though I don't know he's interested or available)
CowboyDad Wrote:At the end of the day, I wouldn't mind if Lynch got the job. He has had success that most people would love to have and by all accounts a good man and a good coach.

However, it would be nice to see a hire that is considered "outside" the Somerset family. Hiring someone with no real Somerset ties would be a good thing. I don't know if someone like a Chris Fitzgerald would even be interested, but that's the kind of hire that would be welcomed in my eyes. Or shoot higher and try to entice someone like Jeff Sheppard. (even though I don't know he's interested or available)
Chris Fitzgerald would definitely be good hire! But after his Dad was cheated on and his nephews being asked to get on a list to enroll in the good ole shs, I'd say it be a cold day in a fiery place for he would ever except it! They had great coach with Cothron, it just hard to have success when your team only gets to practice basketball in November! One summer game no camps you can't ask a coach to make chicken salad out of chicken 💩! Players are made in off season, not the Monday before the first game! IMO
I'm hearing Baker going to mercer and Rusty Glover is applying for Somerset job! But rumors are rumors!
Hot off the rumor board warrior2002 going to film and make all highlights!!
Rusty Glover to Somerset and Chris Baker to Mercer is almost a done deal In hearing. Rusty may try and take Southwestern job if Baker leaves.
Hunter Stevens and a big kid from Hunters AAU are going to Somerset as well with Coach Glover. Rumors going around school. Makes sense Hunter going with Coach Glover.
Brandon Cooper apply for this job? I think he was a finalist for the Pulaski job a few years ago.
Apparently they have made a recommendation for hire to the site base, haven't heard names just that he is an assistant.
Jeron Dunbar is the new coach. Madison Central assistant.
I cant believe Jay Cobb didn't apply and get it. They have an ice machine in the concession stand.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I cant believe Jay Cobb didn't apply and get it. They have an ice machine in the concession stand.

:biggrin: