Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Conditions as of now?
Well I am here at the radio station at work and the roads are covered with snow and Id say some sheets of ice as well. My Dad just called me from the Huntington Mall and said that they might have shut I-64 down and if so then there is no way home for him and my Mother. J/w what the road conditions are were everyones at, and how much snow for that matter?
-STATS- Wrote:Well I am here at the radio station at work and the roads are covered with snow and Id say some sheets of ice as well. My Dad just called me from the Huntington Mall and said that they might have shut I-64 down and if so then there is no way home for him and my Mother. J/w what the road conditions are were everyones at, and how much snow for that matter?

Roads don't look to bad around here yet. To bad they may be stuck up there. If not I hope they make it home safely.
Midee1 Wrote:Roads don't look to bad around here yet. To bad they may be stuck up there. If not I hope they make it home safely.

Yeah same here, but if its true that they did close it down, then I would rather them stay down there rather than take the risk of coming all the way back to Floyd County. Safe than sorry.
-STATS- Wrote:Yeah same here, but if its true that they did close it down, then I would rather them stay down there rather than take the risk of coming all the way back to Floyd County. Safe than sorry.

Very true!
The roads are fine here but my cousins in Lexington and Winchester said that they were pretty hairy earlier today so who knows? Sounds like a bigger storm is blowing this way.

Roads are horrible in Lexington. A good 3 inches is laying on the pavement in most places. And they've done a pretty poor job of cleaning up the roads here in the downtown area.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dang, that is worse than what I thought when I said that they were bad. Hope everyone is driving safely tonight if they HAVE to be out.

Yeah I just got off the phone with my Mom and her and Dad are coming home from the Huntington Mall. In a way I am sad b/c I would have had the house to myself tonight, lol but Im very glad that they will be home safely.
They got pretty bad in Floyd County earlier.. but the main roads are clear now
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We went to the new Outback in Ashland this evening and on the way back the roads in Boyd and Lawrence County's where horrible. Johnson & Floyd had already salted there part of US 23, so they where pretty clear.
Just got up here in Allen and you cant even see the roads this morning.I am guessing their are tons of cancellations.
Western Kentucky was bad last night and this morning around the Hart and Barren county areas that I know of. I-65 was shut down in Park City last night and I heard that there were several wrecks along I-65.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
The roads in Richmond last night were HORRIBLE!!! We drove 25-30 mph back last night from dinner and we were still sliding. It wasn't because the roads weren't salted, they were but they couldn't get them salted fast enough. Even scrapping the roads didn't help, you couldn't even tell where they had salted and scraped.
How are the roads now? I have to drive home soon.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
I'm not sure I haven't been out all day. From looking out the window they seem to be pretty clear, maybe slushy but then again I'm looking at campus roads. I say the bypass is probably better, it more than likely still be slick so be careful!
They were pretty clear here BUT..... with the round of snow that just hit again... they are covered again!!! Not sure about the main roads though... I'm talkin about in front of my house!! LOL...
Roads should be fine now, just wet and slushy like DT said. Might be a few slick spots here and there, so its always good to still be safe regardless.
Everyone here is driving normal but my parents won't let me go out today, which sucks, badly.

My road IS covered again.... and believe it or not.. LMAO... it is snowin AGAIN!!!!