Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 17-18
Who they got?
They will be in total rebuilding mode
eky.sports.fan Wrote:They will be in total rebuilding mode

More the reason to believe Noble will be coaching at Floyd Central next year. The run is over in Buckhorn. Was cool while it lasted.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:More the reason to believe Noble will be coaching at Floyd Central next year. The run is over in Buckhorn. Was cool while it lasted.

Floyd Central has picked a coach and it isn't John Noble
CA3 Wrote:Floyd Central has picked a coach and it isn't John Noble

I stand corrected on the coaching situation and am very interested to hear who it is at FC...but I do stand by my thinking that the run is over. Hope not. Would love to see them rule the 14th given some of the stuff that has and continues to go on there.
eky.sports.fan Wrote:They will be in total rebuilding mode
I would say with their feeder school, Chavies, consolidating with A.B. Combs and Willard next year to make West Perry Elementary, it will cause a lot of kids to not attend buckhorn and instead go to Perry Central. There will be a few, but not as many as usual. The well is dry I believe for the Wildcats, was a nice run. John Noble is a great coach and would love to see him at the big house over at Perry Central.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I would say with their feeder school, Chavies, consolidating with A.B. Combs and Willard next year to make West Perry Elementary, it will cause a lot of kids to not attend buckhorn and instead go to Perry Central. There will be a few, but not as many as usual. The well is dry I believe for the Wildcats, was a nice run. John Noble is a great coach and would love to see him at the big house over at Perry Central.

I think this is coming to more schools very soon. Consolidation had been quiet for a few years (Pike County lead the way from 1990 thru 2010 with SV, Pike Central, and East Ridge consolidating 7 to 3) but I feel we are about to see it come back in a big way in the next 5 years. Things have changed.
I think it's usually a good idea, but I don't see a lot of schools left around the state to consolidate. There are several small ones in the 14th though, but they continue to hang on.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I would say with their feeder school, Chavies, consolidating with A.B. Combs and Willard next year to make West Perry Elementary, it will cause a lot of kids to not attend buckhorn and instead go to Perry Central. There will be a few, but not as many as usual. The well is dry I believe for the Wildcats, was a nice run. John Noble is a great coach and would love to see him at the big house over at Perry Central.

I look for.Buckhorn to eventually either become independent or become a victim of consolidation
I will say this west Perry will have some very good players and should have a very good team from 5th and 6th grades up. I think some of these kids will go to Perry Buckhorn and Hazard.
Glory Days Wrote:I look for.Buckhorn to eventually either become independent or become a victim of consolidation

No one becomes an independent anymore, especially an area like Buckhorn with no tax base. I doubt the area could afford supporting an independent district.