Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 in a row................
Can't say I'm really shocked!!!!! Who does Uk play next?
Does it matter its just another loss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
They wont win onther game unless they play 40 minutes of basketball and get smart during the games.
Im not making up excuses, but there was some really bad calls in this game, especially at the end. Instead of just being down by 1, they stayed down by 6 after waving off the basket that was already through the net. Then come down to the other end of the floor and after he already missed the layup and Uk has the rebound, a foul is called!
LSU, and if Kentucky can't beat them then they might as well forfeit the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super_de Wrote:They wont win onther game unless they play 40 minutes of basketball and get smart during the games.

I don't know why but they just can't pull a full game off. The coach needs to get them together!
ok thats it im on the fire tubby bandwagon!!!!
John Pelphrey baby!!!!
haha first cousin support right there
cards_athlete Wrote:Im not making up excuses, but there was some really bad calls in this game, especially at the end. Instead of just being down by 1, they stayed down by 6 after waving off the basket that was already through the net. Then come down to the other end of the floor and after he already missed the layup and Uk has the rebound, a foul is called!

It was a bad called game in my opinion too, but we shouldn't have been in that situation.

Bad 1st half for the 3rd game in a row = 3rd loss in a row.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The sky is not falling. Its just another game on the road in the SEC.

Did you see what Vandy did to Florida? That Donvan guy can't coach a lick. Barely winning their previous 2 games and then what? Losing to the Commodores. Fire Billy D.

Sounds stupid doesn't it?
FBALL Wrote:The sky is not falling. Its just another game on the road in the SEC.

Did you see what Vandy did to Florida? That Donvan guy can't coach a lick. Barely winning their previous 2 games and then what losing to the Commodores. Fire Billy D.

Sounds stupid doesn't it.

Yeah, and I still agree that anybody can beat anybody. This loss wasn't horrible by any means but I just think Kentucky was the better team and should have pulled it out.

Alabama is 25th in the country with the #30 RPI so it wasn't bad on paper, just bad to lose 3 in a row.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah, and I still agree that anybody can beat anybody. This loss wasn't horrible by any means but I just think Kentucky was the better team and should have pulled it out.

Alabama is 25th in the country with the #30 RPI so it wasn't bad on paper, just bad to lose 3 in a row.

It was one of the worst first halfs I have seen. This team does not make good decisions. Sometimes that is something you can't coach.
FBALL Wrote:It was one of the worst first halfs I have seen. This team does not make good decisions. Sometimes that is something you can't coach.

Something I don't blame Tubby on is the free-throw shooting of players like Ramel Bradley. He was leading the SEC going into the Florida game and has fell apart since. Little things like that are on the shoulders of the players, and they CAN make a huge difference in the outcome of the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Panther Thunder Wrote:ok thats it im on the fire tubby bandwagon!!!!
John Pelphrey baby!!!!
haha first cousin support right there

Im joining the bandwagon officially now
Smile John Pelphrey. Just because he played for Kentucky doesn't mean he deserves to coach at a program of that caliber yet. No other big name schools want him? Why would Kentucky settle with him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Can't say I'm really shocked!!!!! Who does Uk play next?

LSU on ESPN at 9. So if we get loss #4, not only the whole state but the whole country will be able to see it! If we lose to LSU then I dont know what is wrong with UK, b/c LSU isnt doing so hot themselves as expected this season.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile John Pelphrey. Just because he played for Kentucky doesn't mean he deserves to coach at a program of that caliber yet. No other big name schools want him? Why would Kentucky settle with him?
Kentucky would hire Pelphrey but only as an assistant.I feel travis Ford isnt good enough for the job either.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Kentucky would hire Pelphrey but only as an assistant.I feel travis Ford isnt good enough for the job either.

Both would be tremendous assistants in my eyes.
alfus21 Wrote:It was a bad called game in my opinion too, but we shouldn't have been in that situation.

Bad 1st half for the 3rd game in a row = 3rd loss in a row.

I agree
cards_athlete Wrote:Both would be tremendous assistants in my eyes.
I agree with you on that for sure
John Pelphrey deserves much more than to be an assistant at UK. That is garbage. He has paid his dues as an assistant coach in big time college basketball. He is winning at a place that was considered the laughingstock of its conference. I would hire Pelphrey in a heartbeat. He's not able to coach a team of that caliber? Come on people, really...and Tubby is? Tubby wouldnt be able to do what Pelphrey has down there..I think Pelphrey would be a very good hire at UK. People said Donovan was too young to take on that Florida job too, and its worked out just fine. Pelphrey can coach, and thats the bottom line. Took the worst team in the conference and has done an outstanding job with them. Pelphrey would get a WHOLE lot more out of this bunch than Tubby is. Half of them might leave after the season (because they might actually have to play physical), but give him a chance to bring his players in, and watch him in Lexington. I am on the John Pelphrey bandwagon too. He would be a great motivator, a great coach and a great fit. And Ill guarantee you his players would play a hell of a lot harder for him than Tubby's does.
Tidehoss32 he might just be the man but I never hear his name mentioned much from our ad.USA has a good team.He did turn them around.I like his work ethic.Man when him and donovan came to Marshall they took nothing and started that first season like 11-0.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile John Pelphrey. Just because he played for Kentucky doesn't mean he deserves to coach at a program of that caliber yet. No other big name schools want him? Why would Kentucky settle with him?
lol what did Tubby do before he came to UK??????
Arbys Man Wrote:lol what did Tubby do before he came to UK??????

Took an awful Tulsa team and Georgia team to Sweet 16's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Took an awful Tulsa team and Georgia team to Sweet 16's.
Very true. I don't think John Pelphrey would get the job at UK, nor would he leave USA, at least right now.'d love to see a hometown guy get that headspot though.
Pupaw Wrote:Very true. I don't think John Pelphrey would get the job at UK, nor would he leave USA, at least right now.'d love to see a hometown guy get that headspot though.

:thumpsup:
Maybe in 10 years or so he could get the job, but to jump from South Alabama to Kentucky in that short of a span is ridiculous to consider when Kentucky can go for a big name guy like Donovan, Gillespie, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote::thumpsup:
Maybe in 10 years or so he could get the job, but to jump from South Alabama to Kentucky in that short of a span is ridiculous to consider when Kentucky can go for a big name guy like Donovan, Gillespie, etc.

Give me Andy Kennedy!!!

And for real, if UK loses to LSU on tuesday...wow.
alfus21 Wrote:Took an awful Tulsa team and Georgia team to Sweet 16's.
Ohh, Im sorry I didnt know that was good enough to take the head coaching job for the Best college basketball team in the USA or should I say use to be the best.
Arbys Man Wrote:Ohh, Im sorry I didnt know that was good enough to take the head coaching job for the Best college basketball team in the USA or should I say use to be the best.

It's alright. As long as you're sorry Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]