Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 11, Belfry (5 innings)
I just saw this score posted on KHSAA. I wasn't there nor do I have any information on the game. If someone who went does, please feel free to share. Nevertheless, big district win for the Bulldogs on the road tonight at Belfry. Congratulations to the Dawgs!
LC lost a lot of talent last year but, they have a lot of talent coming up through their system. I look for cyrus and parks to have big years for the dawgs. LC should win their 3rd stright district title with little trouble. LC fans were thinking this may be down year in LC sports in general but the kids have worked hard and the tradition continues.

A down year for the baseball team would be not to win the district, win at least 20 games, and compete for a regional title, any of those 3 don't happen no body in that program will be happy.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I just saw this score posted on KHSAA. I wasn't there nor do I have any information on the game. If someone who went does, please feel free to share. Nevertheless, big district win for the Bulldogs on the road tonight at Belfry. Congratulations to the Dawgs!

Info I got tonight was limited, but here it is:

Belfry pitcher struggled to throw strikes. And when he did LC hitters hit some very hard shots over the LF's head and hard liners that the Belfry infielder's could not handle cleanly.

LC freshman pitcher Fairchild was absolutely dominating listening to people discuss him. Said Belfry had only 1 hit and he didn't allow a walk and struck out a bunch. Said he was overpowering. He's now beaten Prestonsburg and Belfry and no-hit Paintsville for 4 innings before having to leave for getting to his early season pitch count.
From what I saw the ump's were horrible and LC hit a few lucky gap shot's that no one could get to.

Congrat's to the freshman from LC but he was far from dominating and overpowering as you describe. Did you get you're news from CNN?
Big Don Wrote:From what I saw the ump's were horrible and LC hit a few lucky gap shot's that no one could get to.

Congrat's to the freshman from LC but he was far from dominating and overpowering as you describe. Did you get you're news from CNN?

So, giving up ONE hit and averaging 2 K's per inning isn't "overpowering"? I'd love to know your definition then.

And what does the ump being horrible have to do with it? Didn't that same ump call balls/strikes with LC hitting/pitching? Surely you are not saying they "cheated" for LC.......Confusednicker:

#soreloser
Sure glad we got 11 runs on those "few lucky "hits"!
Big Don Wrote:From what I saw the ump's were horrible and LC hit a few lucky gap shot's that no one could get to.

Phelps 8 Belfry 7...........and this wasn't from CNN either.......Confusednicker: