Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott 74, Perry Central 52 (State Quarterfinals)
Let the haters rejoice. Perry Central loses to Scott.

I've never seen a kid play as lights out as Jake Ohmer. Only person I've seen rival him is Cam Justice.
Final from Rupp

Scott advances to the semi-finals on Saturday and will face Bowling Green

Ohmer to led Scott with 32
I listened on WSGS.... it sounded like Perry Central forgot to show up.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
It would be nice to see a team from Eastern Kentucky advance. Who knows, maybe some day Perry Central will actually have a team from Eastern Kentucky.
hitter will say perry got cheated in 5,4,3.......
zaga_fan Wrote:Let the haters rejoice. Perry Central loses to Scott.

I've never seen a kid play as lights out as Jake Ohmer. Only person I've seen rival him is Cam Justice.

The kids a player. I think he had 41 yesterday.
He is a great shooter .
Scott- Believe they are a little better team than we all first thought. They are also clicking at the right time!
I'd like to see the points off turnovers stats.

IMO that was the difference in the game (other than Ohmer's shooting).
I know its hard to say what if, but imagine braxton Beverly as the pg on that team.
Thats what perry needed. A pg to get it up the floor and get it down low to the bigs.

That and someone to shut down ohmer. Which may be non existent.

I thought the calls went scotts way, but in no way decided this game. The missed goaltending was huge. Seemed like Scott went on a huge run after that. The only call perry got was a missed call towards the end that actually should of been a charge on perry.

Ball control and not taking advantage of the mismatch down low.
stripedofficial Wrote:I know its hard to say what if, but imagine braxton Beverly as the pg on that team.
Thats what perry needed. A pg to get it up the floor and get it down low to the bigs.

I thought the calls went scotts way, but in no way decided this game. The missed goaltending was huge. Seemed like Scott went on a huge run after that. The only call perry got was a missed call towards the end that actually should of been a charge on perry.

No call determined the outcome of this game. Maybe the call that Hoskins made to continue letting Tobler play the 1, because he turned that thing over at least 10 times. Perry was exposed for the big, slow team that they are.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd like to see the points off turnovers stats.

28 - Scott
4 - PCC

This was difference in the game.
Great season for Perry
It's hard to believe in the last two games watching the Ohmer kid that he hasn't got any mid major looks or anything. Seems like he could at least get looks from Marshall NKU teams like that. He's very impressive to watch. Shoots the ball extremely well and sees the floor. Great rebounder for his size as well. I just think he's too good to play for Cumberland.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd like to see the points off turnovers stats.

Me and my wife listened to it and were talking about the same thing..There was something like 26-27 turnovers and they had 21 against Pikeville..
You cant do that against this level of talent. Scott was the smallest team at the tournament and handily defeated one of the biggest..Im having a hard time understanding how Perry let them rebound with them. Perry should have destroyed them on the boards but they did not and that's telling to me.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Great season for Perry
We couldnt ask for a better Draw .I actually thought we could win it all this year.At least we beat PIKEVILLE .TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Yes, turnovers really hurt Perry. Scott just came ready to play and took advantage of Perry's lack of quickness..
It would be nice if they'd align the sweet 16 match ups like football, so that a team out of regions 13-16 could make at least the Semi Finals every year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
stripedofficial Wrote:I know its hard to say what if, but imagine braxton Beverly as the pg on that team.

that wouldn't be Beverly. he want to shot the ball first. that way he avg 30 PPG this season, and have 70 points in one game. like he really care if the other player score. he want to be the superstar. the year Beverly and Paige was there. that way Buckhorn beat them in the first round. Paige have less the 5 shots in the 2nd half, and Beverly take over 50% of the shot in the 2nd half. Paige was 100 time better player then Beverly is. Beverly is a SG not a PG.
Blacksmith Wrote:Me and my wife listened to it and were talking about the same thing..There was something like 26-27 turnovers and they had 21 against Pikeville..
You cant do that against this level of talent. Scott was the smallest team at the tournament and handily defeated one of the biggest..Im having a hard time understanding how Perry let them rebound with them. Perry should have destroyed them on the boards but they did not and that's telling to me.

back in the 90's the year that Scott Co. won the Sweet 16. they was one of the smallest team there. but they was also one of the fastest team there.
Congrats to this very fine Scott "TEAM". I wanted my Commodores to beat them but they are a pleasure to watch. I hope they win it all. Our. It's just couldn't handle their speed and we played horrible on top of that. Our kids need to work on fundamentals. Back should be able to handle the ball better. He needs to work on that in the off season. Thanks to all our players for a fun season. I enjoyed it guys.
Paparazzi Wrote:Congrats to this very fine Scott "TEAM". I wanted my Commodores to beat them but they are a pleasure to watch. I hope they win it all. Our. It's just couldn't handle their speed and we played horrible on top of that. Our kids need to work on fundamentals. Back should be able to handle the ball better. He needs to work on that in the off season. Thanks to all our players for a fun season. I enjoyed it guys.
In my opinion.. Perry has been very over rated all season. They had better be thankful they didn't play a Team like Bowling Green first game .. It would have been really embarrassing to the 14th Region . Perry wasn't the better team. In my opinion. Perrys players was all to old and just couldn't keep up with this younger true age team . Age does have a way of catching up with ya . To bad Perry didn't have the 15th officials to ref this one . See ya next season.
postman Wrote:In my opinion.. Perry has been very over rated all season. They had better be thankful they didn't play a Team like Bowling Green first game .. It would have been really embarrassing to the 14th Region . Perry wasn't the better team. In my opinion. Perrys players was all to old and just couldn't keep up with this younger true age team . Age does have a way of catching up with ya . To bad Perry didn't have the 15th officials to ref this one . See ya next season.

Dumbest post I've ever seen. These kids are anywhere from 14-19. Not old enough for age to slow them down.. Scott played better today and showed size isn't everything. Heart and speed go along way. I hope to see Scott win it all but Bowling Green has size and speed so it's a little different animal tommorow.. PCC got out hustled and had WAY to many turnovers. A lot is being said about Tobler at PG my question is who else would be better suited and would they make it better? Scott took the MO at the end of the 1st quarter in my opinion when PCC was holding for the last shot.
postman Wrote:In my opinion.. Perry has been very over rated all season. They had better be thankful they didn't play a Team like Bowling Green first game .. It would have been really embarrassing to the 14th Region . Perry wasn't the better team. In my opinion. Perrys players was all to old and just couldn't keep up with this younger true age team . Age does have a way of catching up with ya . To bad Perry didn't have the 15th officials to ref this one . See ya next season.

I don't recall saying PCC was the better team and if you look at my post I was clearly saying Scott was the better "TEAM". Some of you people just have no class. I was trying to congratulate my kids and the Scott kids at the same time. Geeeeeez!
Not having a point guard caught up with Perry. Scott show what quickness and Team ball does for you. The 14th Region was weak and guy lets face it Perry has not play a really good game since back in January. Perry look like they were in slow motion. But good luck moving forward and it should be an interesting summer and fall in the 14th Region.
It is what it is. The 14th is just too weak to be competitive at the state level
Someone made reference to the size of the Scott Co. team that won the state in the late 90's and their size. We forgot to mention that team had a few D-1 guards in Jones and Hamilton.

I've seen some really ridiculous opinions in my old age (29), but this one takes the cake.
I mean... I hope that was sarcasmm
You're confusing hate for PCC with sarcasm. If PCC was playing the Russians postman would hollar for the Russians. PCC had a great season and I'm proud to be a fan and supporter. Perry lost in the sweet sixteen just like 14 other good teams. Great group of kids who held together despite all the trash talked by " grownups "