Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott 77 - Harlan County 65
HC came out flat and got down by around 20.

Cut it to 7 or 8 in the second half a few times but could never break through.
Sad like I said should have been KC heck even BHS beat them in a scrimmage
Even though they lost... and it sucks to see your team not play their best at the Sweet 16.... I am happy for Granny Bear getting to see her Harlan County Black Bears play in the state tournament.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
i totally agree with it sucks part
At least they got beat and didn't get it took from them
That sucks but its not as bad as getting it took after all the prep and AAU and hours and hours and money and time and injureys to just have a ref like Jeff D Afterkirk take it..... At least you only have your self to blame
I was really hoping to see the Perry Central vs Harlan County match up in the next round. Don't hang your head boys! You had an absolutely amazing season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Ky storm Wrote:That sucks but its not as bad as getting it took after all the prep and AAU and hours and hours and money and time and injureys to just have a ref like Jeff D Afterkirk take it..... At least you only have your self to blame

lol Knox looks to have the most talent coming in next season.. wonder what the end results will be 👀
Ky storm Wrote:Sad like I said should have been KC heck even BHS beat them in a scrimmage

I guess Knox must have beat Harlan County pretty bad during the season?
I think Harlan County scrimmaged Williamsburg and Lexington Christian, not Barbourville.
This thread gave me a great idea. Instead of wasting time playing these district and regional tournaments let's just let KY storm pick our teams. He is all knowing and I'm sure he'll be fair. While we're at it let's get him to pick the officials too, he knows the good and bad ones. Heck we could just let him pick the state champion and avoid all the mess
Harlan County absolutely deserved to be there. I think Scott's speed and defensive pressure surprised them the first half. That, combined with ice cold shooting, got them down by 17 at halftime. They had adjusted by the time the 2nd half came around but just never could get over the hump. Still, I'm sure if KC wouldn't have had the region took from them, they would have beaten Scott by 30, PCC by 40, and at that point the next teams wouldn't have even showed to play them. We all know that KC are the real state champions. All this going on at Rupp is just a sideshow.
Big Hammer Wrote:This thread gave me a great idea. Instead of wasting time playing these district and regional tournaments let's just let KY storm pick our teams. He is all knowing and I'm sure he'll be fair. While we're at it let's get him to pick the officials too, he knows the good and bad ones. Heck we could just let him pick the state champion and avoid all the mess

Award the State Championship on October 15th.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Lol BHS scrimmage Scott not HC and as for the regular season HC did win at KC but Should not of won KC had the game won but mistakes were made by kids that don't start and a key player was injured.... But know one was blaming anybody when it happened
If you follow sports for any time at all, you know you can always say someone "should have" or "could have" won a game or tournament. Harlan County probably "couid have" or "should have" done something in that game earlier to win by more.
KC "could have" beat Corbin even with the questionable call if a couple of players hadn't had off nights, but that's basketball...
Harlan County beat KC at KC and beat a good Corbin team that beat KC. They won 31 games and beat 3 teams in the state tournament. They don't have anything left to prove. It all starts over in the summer.
I have no dog in this fight but like I said in several posts before Knox Central is the 13th region choke team. It doesn't matter how good they are during the season....come postseason they choke.
If we are playing the should've could've deal, what if Nolan is healthy for the remaining season? The Bears were 31-0 with him playing before last night.
This wasn't the same HC that played in the region.

Unacceptable if youre the coach really.
I predicted the Black Bears would win this one. Two things I didn't predict were: (1) HC would shoot so poorly in the first half. We never know how a team will react to playing in Rupp, and (2) #2 was such a good scorer. Well, that's half right. I knew he averaged 27.5 ppg, but I expected HC would have some type of defensive scheme to slow him a bit. The outcome was disappointing but #2 sure was fun to watch.

It was nice to see a team from Harlan County in the tournament. There are no easy draws in the Sweet 16, but I thought HC had about a good a path to the final 4 as you would want at that level. Congratulations to the kids and coaching staff on their first trip to the Sweet 16.
Congrats to Harlan Co. on a great season.
HC deserved to be there. KC always has some of the best talent but can never produce come March for some reason
HC beat Corbin, South, North, KC, and Clay. Why wouldn't they deserve to be there? Am I missing something?
I'm thankful that my computer was down and I wasn't able to log on for a while. I'm over my emotion now.

Congratulations to Harlan County and their first ever game at the state level. I couldn't be any prouder of this team!

Scott had a better team that I thought. I hadn't seen them play but heard bits and pieces of their playing ability. The Ohmer (sp?) kid is the real deal, no question about it; and he has a brother right behind him!

So, almost time for spring football practice.
I'm trying to understand this. KyStorm is a Knox Central fan?? He is angry with me because they lost to Corbin?

So far is that correct???
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm trying to understand this. KyStorm is a Knox Central fan?? He is angry with me because they lost to Corbin?

So far is that correct???

That's correct. Still upset over the Knox Corbin game. HC deserved to be there. They earned it. Apparently the Ohmer kid is the real deal tho. Led them past PCC today
Ohmer is a pleasure to watch. He makes everything look easy and has a blast while he's on the floor. FYI....he has a little brother that may be just as good.