Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Grown State champions
With transfers taking over high school sports in Kentucky. What teams have won a state title with all starters come out of the same playing for one school? Who was the last team to do so?
I know Scott County in 2007 had no transfers.
With all the transfers we've had over the years, Clay County's state championship starting 5 plus 6th man were all home grown. All of those guys came through the elementary system, before the middle school came around!
Have a strange feeling this thread will be closed by the end of the day. Good try though.
Shelby Valley
Paintsville 1995
Easy Wind Wrote:Have a strange feeling this thread will be closed by the end of the day. Good try though.

It will remain open until stupidity takes over.
Looks like everyone is playing nice so far.
More champions than not have 0 transfers on them. In fact last years champ Dunbar had 2 kids move AWAY after winning it all.
hoghead Wrote:Paintsville 1995

It was 1996.

Craig Ratliff and Kyle Adams were two transfers from Johnson Central that were on that team. Unsure of any others off the top of my head but those were the two that stand out the most. Great team that had size, could shoot and great athleticism. After 2 close wins in the opening rounds they just steamrolled everyone else on their way to collect the trophy.
Zachary Ramey was a transfer for Shelby Valley. Hatfield transferred in during middle school from Phelps. The others were homegrown.
I was going to say Shelby Valley a couple years back but remembered those kids weren't all from the Dorton/Virgie area.
What does it matter as long as you get the title. Being home grown don't always mean good things, coach Justice won 3 state championships at Shelby Valley and he is a great person but those people at Shelby Valley are jealous of him and didn't want him to come back and coach lol their loss
Why didn't Shelby Valley want him back? I have lived here all of my life and I have never heard that.
new o Wrote:Why didn't Shelby Valley want him back? I have lived here all of my life and I have never heard that.

Lol that's funny
What bothers me more than transfers is now we got out of country transfer kids that no one knows their actual age. Then to top it off kids play at 1 school the previous year then both transfer to different schools the next year. Example kids on perry central were at different school last year now just jump to another school. Also Pulaski had 2 move over from southwestern. All that garbage is ruining high school athletics when is khsaa gonna get a handle on it. This is not college it is high school sports
It matters a lot those transfers are taking a spot from kids that should be on the floor playing. A lot of kids in high school can't just move and play somewhere else. They may not have parent support or a means to move so your telling them they have to be better than recruits that come in