Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrollment for Sweet 16 Schools ?
Anyone know these numbers?
Not sure on exact enrollments, but using football classification:

6A- 5 (Scott County, Ballard, Fern Creek, Cooper, Meade County)
5A- 5 (Bowling Green, Graves County, Perry County Central, Pulaski County, Harlan County)
4A- 4 (Scott, Hopkinsville, Taylor County, Collins)
1A- 2 (Pikeville, Elliott County)**I know Elliott doesn't play football, but that's where they'd fall if they did; like Pikeville...on the 1A/2A border)

Interesting footnote, and not taking the slightest thing away from them b/c I'd love nothing more than to see them both play in the finals, but just fact...the only schools to make it to the Sweet 16 that are "Class A" schools just so happen to be in regions where there aren't any schools bigger than 4A.

The 15th and 16th are still 'small school' dominated by in large both in the number of schools and obviously who comes out of those regions. Everybody else? Well, see the above, "Big School" representative (meaning for me in basketball/football terms...4A & up)
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Not sure on exact enrollments, but using football classification:

6A- 5 (Scott County, Ballard, Fern Creek, Cooper, Meade County)
5A- 5 (Bowling Green, Graves County, Perry County Central, Pulaski County, Harlan County)
4A- 4 (Scott, Hopkinsville, Taylor County, Collins)
1A- 2 (Pikeville, Elliott County)**I know Elliott doesn't play football, but that's where they'd fall if they did; like Pikeville...on the 1A/2A border)

Interesting footnote, and not taking the slightest thing away from them b/c I'd love nothing more than to see them both play in the finals, but just fact...the only schools to make it to the Sweet 16 that are "Class A" schools just so happen to be in regions where there aren't any schools bigger than 4A.

The 15th and 16th are still 'small school' dominated by in large both in the number of schools and obviously who comes out of those regions. Everybody else? Well, see the above, "Big School" representative (meaning for me in basketball/football terms...4A & up)

Isn't it also rare to see a AA or AAA School in the Sweet 16?

The All A Tournament is where you see most of the AA or AAA Schools especially from eastern Ky Regions.
Lots of schools in eastern ky play in the all A and shouldn't but khsaa really don't push it because it's not sanctioned by khsaa really it's a joke Shelby Valley, Breathitt and Leslie co to play in it and knott has played in it . This is suppose to be for the small schools