Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central vs Pikeville 3/15 (Sweet 16 opening round)
I dont think Breathitt and Estill could win the first game and probably not even Knott .the only reason Perry favored is because of the 2 big kids rebounding. Guy just play one game at a time Pikeville can shot the basketball well Perry will have to play good defense.
I'm going with Pikeville by 8. I don't think PCC can score enough points to win.
hoghead Wrote:I dont think Breathitt and Estill could win the first game and probably not even Knott .the only reason Perry favored is because of the 2 big kids rebounding. Guy just play one game at a time Pikeville can shot the basketball well Perry will have to play good defense.
Justice coached the 2 bigs at JBS . He knows their not a threat.They only look good getting off the Bus.
Evidently you've not followed these kids. They are vastly improved this year versus last. Some individual attention and a season playing with Tobler has improved their game a lot.look at their combined stats in points, rebounds, and blocks and tell me they just look good getting off the bus
hoghead Wrote:I dont think Breathitt and Estill could win the first game and probably not even Knott .the only reason Perry favored is because of the 2 big kids rebounding. Guy just play one game at a time Pikeville can shot the basketball well Perry will have to play good defense.
PCC beat Johnson Central 7 without the two big boys and it wasn't that close. We had them down 20 or more most of the game. Pikeville couldn't beat PCC without the big kids and definitely can't with them playing. Of course anyone can have a bad game.
I remember telling everyone on this site early in the year that PCC had a very special player that no one wanted to recognize because he gets the job done quietly. I remind you again that Austin Hill can put up some big numbers if need be. He's been my favorite all along and I knew at crunch time he would shine and boy did he ever. Let's hear some praise for this little guy!
The Johnson Central game was in middle December at Perry just after JC won the Football championship, You cant go by that, it will be a good game. When you get to this point in the season anything can happen, Enjoy the moment and have fun.
Cal will probably miss the first round game of the NCAA just to watch PCC in the state tournament. He will probably offer their 3 recruits, since they are unstoppable and will easily win the tournament. Wouldn't be surprised if UK and PCC works out a contract were all of UK's recruits will spend their senior year at PCC. They would be on the most successful powerhouse program in the state, receive the BEST education, and only 2 hours from Lexington!! PCC fans would still believe they weren't recruited and were raised in Perry County!!
Updated 2017-2018 Top 25 Recruiting Class Rankings
1. PCC
2. PCC
3. PCC
4. PCC
5. PCC
6. PCC
7. PCC
8. PCC
9. PCC
10. PCC
11. PCC
12. PCC
13. PCC
14. PCC
15. PCC
16. PCC
17. PCC
18. PCC
19. PCC
20. PCC
21. PCC
22. PCC
23. PCC
24. PCC
25. UK
I heard Coach Booher has been drawing up some special plays.
Zaga: "Look, someone posted in the Perry/Pikeville thread. I bet it's something about the game since we're only a day away."

*Opens thread to see Qui-Gon Jinn is hijacking the thread with more foolishness.

Zaga: :rage:
Now I know how the Harlan County fans felt when I started giving them a hard time a few years back.
Pikeville took their stats off the KHSAA scoreboard website for the 15th region tournament, but now they're posted back up.......

:pondering:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Qui-Gon Jinn Wrote:Updated 2017-2018 Top 25 Recruiting Class Rankings
1. PCC
2. PCC
3. PCC
4. PCC
5. PCC
6. PCC
7. PCC
8. PCC
9. PCC
10. PCC
11. PCC
12. PCC
13. PCC
14. PCC
15. PCC
16. PCC
17. PCC
18. PCC
19. PCC
20. PCC
21. PCC
22. PCC
23. PCC
24. PCC
25. UK
why be such a cry baby lol
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Pikeville took their stats off the KHSAA scoreboard website for the 15th region tournament, but now they're posted back up.......

This is simply not true..
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Pikeville took their stats off the KHSAA scoreboard website for the 15th region tournament, but now they're posted back up.......

jmhsrv1970 Wrote:This is simply not true..

Yes... it is. Pikeville removed certain stats from the KHSAA scoreboard website the week of the 15th region tournament.

I didn't know about that until I heard it on a radio broadcast during the 15th region tournament. I went and looked for myself and certain stats were not showing for any of Pikeville's players. The radio announcers said that the missing stats were on the website before regionals started. If you go look now, their stats are back up again.

For the record, I think that was a smart move on Pikeville's part. So before my PM box fills up with Hate Mail, that was a clever tactic (even though they beat my team), the regional championship game was won by the better team. Not because of missing stats on a website.
zaga_fan Wrote:Zaga: "Look, someone posted in the Perry/Pikeville thread. I bet it's something about the game since we're only a day away."

*Opens thread to see Qui-Gon Jinn is hijacking the thread with more foolishness.

Zaga: :rage:

I do the same thing when you say PCC didn't recruit any of those players. They just showed up one day on their own. SAD!!!
Qui-Gon Jinn Wrote:Cal will probably miss the first round game of the NCAA just to watch PCC in the state tournament. He will probably offer their 3 recruits, since they are unstoppable and will easily win the tournament. Wouldn't be surprised if UK and PCC works out a contract were all of UK's recruits will spend their senior year at PCC. They would be on the most successful powerhouse program in the state, receive the BEST education, and only 2 hours from Lexington!! PCC fans would still believe they weren't recruited and were raised in Perry County!!

I see you still doing what you do best CRYING
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Yes... it is. Pikeville removed certain stats from the KHSAA scoreboard website the week of the 15th region tournament.

I didn't know about that until I heard it on a radio broadcast during the 15th region tournament. I went and looked for myself and certain stats were not showing for any of Pikeville's players. The radio announcers said that the missing stats were on the website before regionals started. If you go look now, their stats are back up again.

For the record, I think that was a smart move on Pikeville's part. So before my PM box fills up with Hate Mail, that was a clever tactic (even though they beat my team), the regional championship game was won by the better team. Not because of missing stats on a website.

No you are incorrect... but hell if you heard on the radio it has to be true lmao
Qui-Gon Jinn Wrote:Cal will probably miss the first round game of the NCAA just to watch PCC in the state tournament. He will probably offer their 3 recruits, since they are unstoppable and will easily win the tournament. Wouldn't be surprised if UK and PCC works out a contract were all of UK's recruits will spend their senior year at PCC. They would be on the most successful powerhouse program in the state, receive the BEST education, and only 2 hours from Lexington!! PCC fans would still believe they weren't recruited and were raised in Perry County!!

he wont offer them nothing, because none of them are nation rank. Cal can only win with the nation best player. these one and done player don't work every year. i have not look at the NCAA yet. i don't think UK will make it past the elite 8, of that far.
because UK can play slow ball, they have to run and gun. and they don't have a inside game this year.
cj2561 Wrote:he wont offer them nothing, because none of them are nation rank. Cal can only win with the nation best player. these one and done player don't work every year. i have not look at the NCAA yet. i don't think UK will make it past the elite 8, of that far.
because UK can play slow ball, they have to run and gun. and they don't have a inside game this year.

I realize this thread has nothing to do with UK. But that is one of the most(trying to be nice here) ignorant comments if read in a while. Uk has a big in Bam. And they have played slow ball for the last month. Sorry. Now back to Pikeville and perry.
This will be the first time in my life I have not been for the 14th region. But the arrogance of Perry fans is hard to look past. Pikeville--58 Perry--56.

jmhsrv1970 Wrote:This is simply not true..

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Yes... it is. Pikeville removed certain stats from the KHSAA scoreboard website the week of the 15th region tournament.

jmhsrv1970 Wrote:No you are incorrect... but hell if you heard on the radio it has to be true lmao

If I hadn't saw it with my own eyes, then I wouldn't have posted it. :dontthink

I know what I saw. Certain stats were removed and now they are back on the website.

#FactsAreFacts
Big Hammer Wrote:Evidently you've not followed these kids. They are vastly improved this year versus last. Some individual attention and a season playing with Tobler has improved their game a lot.look at their combined stats in points, rebounds, and blocks and tell me they just look good getting off the bus

How do you give Tobler credit for their improvement? Hilarious, Anosike is PERKS BEST PLAYER NOT TOBLER! UNBELIEVABLE! I GUESS HE TOOK HIM UNDER HIS WING! LOL
This one is over. Continue the discussion of the game in the update thread.... and let's keep that thread on topic.

Best of luck to both teams. Represent the Mountains well.

[Image: https://www.jewishchattanooga.com/wp-con...d-sign.png]