Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 57 Lynn Camp 52
Final per KHSAA scoreboard.
Dang that was close. Congrats to both teams on a well played game
Lynn Camp was actually up one with a minute to go. Dinky works his magic with less talented teams, nearly got Knox Central and Harlan Co. last two games, just not quite enough horses in his stable.
I still say that Dinky Phipps has done more with less, than any coach in the state of Kentucky. I would've loved to see what he could've done at a big school.
Dinky is a magician but you got to have the horses.
Oh Lord where do I start?? This was like watching UK play a game, it was so frustrating.

Van Hagar Wrote:Lynn Camp was actually up one with a minute to go. Dinky works his magic with less talented teams, nearly got Knox Central and Harlan Co. last two games, just not quite enough horses in his stable.
Lynn Camp was not only ahead with one minute to go, they led the entire game except for 3 times when HC took the lead. Thank God, one of those times was at the end of the game. By the way, that was HC's largest lead and it came from great free throw shooting.

callmecrazy33 Wrote:I still say that Dinky Phipps has done more with less, than any coach in the state of Kentucky. I would've loved to see what he could've done at a big school.
And you would be correct. Coach Phipps has ALWAYS gotten the best out of his players. He also has an ability to encourage a "gel" of his players, even when they don't get along off the court. I have respected this man as a Coach for years and years. I still do, too.

E's Army Wrote:Dinky is a magician but you got to have the horses.
Our low post was playing injured. I was surprised to see him dressed last night because the last I heard, he was out. Shows a lot of dedication and selflessness!

So, congratulations to the Black Bears as they move forward.

Good luck to Lynn Camp's seniors. Very very well played game!!