Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 85 Allen Central 76
First Round of the 15th Region Tournament.

Defending Regional Champion Lawrence County starts their bid at a repeat effort against the Rebels tonight. Lawrence County easily defeated AC 79-50 way back in December.

Lawrence represents the 60th District as Champions, Allen Central is the runner up from the 58th. Of course, Timmy Dalton has been putting up some astronomical numbers this season, will he continue that trend tonight?
Lawrence County.

Not sure what the 15th region single game scoring record is, but I will guess Timmy Dalton comes close to or breaks it tonight.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Lawrence County.

Not sure what the 15th region single game scoring record is, but I will guess Timmy Dalton comes close to or breaks it tonight.

I'll have to check up on that and find out, you've got me curious now lol.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Lawrence County.

Probably look under King Kelly Coleman and find that out.
Actually been a good game. AC only down by 6 in the third
AC hanging in there 2 minutes left 76-72 Lawrence with the lead.AC has played a great game
80-74 Lawrence

Less than 50 seconds to play.
Allen Central has had two players foul out in this game.
Final. 85-76

Lawrence County wins.

Allen Central's Boys Basketball program comes to an end with a valiant effort tonight.
Congrats Lawrence. AC proud of you boys great effort. Played with heart all night and never gave up👍
Allen Central played so hard
I had a feeling that it would be a high scoring game, which most of the scoring came in the 4th. AC did a great job of containing Dalton early on, but the Wellman kid really was hitting some big shots early on. Dalton really picked it up in the 2nd half, mainly camped out on the foul line, if I'm not mistaking, I heard on the radio he got a triple double, 35-10-10.

As for Allen Central, very sad to see this traditional, and historic program come to an end. The future looks very bright next season with the consolidation with South Floyd. A great, valiant effort from Allen Central.
Congrats to LC. Ugly game to watch to say the least. 25 fouls in the first half called. Neither team could get in the flow of the game due to this. Second half wasn't much different... 20 fouls called I believe.