Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton resigns from Taylor Co
Headed back to Log Mtn
I told Everyone a Month ago Hilton was going back to bell co. It should be interesting to what he does.
I never expected Bell to be willing to match the money TC was throwing at him.

It'll be interesting to see who Taylor hires after this. They went out and got a well known and highly successful coach. There really isn't anybody with close to Dudley's level that would be available right now. Taylor isn't going to lure a lot of people from good jobs.

There really isn't anyone currently on staff who has had success as a HC. It's going to be an interesting ride for both Taylor and Bell for awhile.
I have not seen anything official on him resigning
Did yesterday
Whwn it going be posted on Internet or on the news that he resigned
Ain't he like 80 years old
Haywood at Belfry is old too. Wink
Middlesboro Wrote:Haywood at Belfry is old too. Wink

Not anywhere near 80!
Middlesboro Wrote:Haywood at Belfry is old too. Wink

Well he's still winning State Championships and guess what we're going to win another one Lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well he's still winning State Championships and guess what we're going to win another one Lol

My point. Age isn't going to matter.
Middlesboro Wrote:My point. Age isn't going to matter.

I just wonder how long it will take Dudley to bring them back there's no doubt that he can do it with his age and it's going to take time
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I just wonder how long it will take Dudley to bring them back there's no doubt that he can do it with his age and it's going to take time

Be awesome to see Belfry and Bell rivalry start back up.
Middlesboro Wrote:Be awesome to see Belfry and Bell rivalry start back up.
Be careful what you wish for; you know that Corbin did to Bell....and what Belfry did to Corbin....so what do you think would happen if Belfry visited Log Mt.

It would not be pretty unless you were a Belfry fan......
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Be careful what you wish for; you know that Corbin did to Bell....and what Belfry did to Corbin....so what do you think would happen if Belfry visited Log Mt.

It would not be pretty unless you were a Belfry fan......

Corbin was a yard away from all but putting belfry away
Before belfry fans start, I know it's not over until it's over but had Corbin scored that TD would've been a hard mountain to climb.
RicFlair Wrote:Corbin was a yard away from all but putting belfry away

A yard away turned into a butt kicking so I don't want here that it's getting old they fell apart like a soup sandwich but this thread isn't about that it's about Bell and what Dudley can do with them in a short time
RicFlair Wrote:Before belfry fans start, I know it's not over until it's over but had Corbin scored that TD would've been a hard mountain to climb.

Find something else to talk we destroy them in a quarter we scored 28 points in one quarter how do you do that against a good team I'll answer that for ya you don't
Okay let me get this straight......

In the last 3 years Bell has been 4-8, 10-3, 9-3 overall and 1-3, 2-2, 3-1 in the district.

Taylor has been 7-4, 5-6, 4-7 overall and 2-2, 2-2, 1-3 in the district. For comparison the three years prior Taylor was 3-7, 6-4, 4-6 overall and 0-4, 0-4, 0-4 in their district.

Certainly Coach McCreary did not win at the level Bell has become accustom to, but he did lose the best running back in the mountains the first game of the year. Ran into a few good teams who were better than advertised and had zero support from the loyal fans who never supported him to begin with.

Now you are killing the fatted calf and the prodigal son returns. The Fatted calf is being killed for a guy who has a losing record the past three years at 16-17, and his only real improvement was in the district where he had one winning season at 3-1.

Looks to me like Bell fans are banking on a return to glory from a guy who has not gotten it done lately. If his name anything other than Dudley, Bell fans would be screaming bloody murder like they did last spring. On the face of it, two things come clear, one you should have never gotten rid of Coach Mills, and two if you were going to bring in a new coach, you might should have looked else where than getting a worn out retread of a coach who has not had a winning record (overall) in high schools in about 7 years.
I hope Bell Co. gets back to one of the top teams in our class
Bet they don't play you anytime soon!

Be four years at best and that's prob a reach. As long as Haddix stays at Corbin.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Find something else to talk we destroy them in a quarter we scored 28 points in one quarter how do you do that against a good team I'll answer that for ya you don't

In a big emotional game like that momentum is huge, don't act like if Corbin scores there the game isn't practically put away.
RicFlair Wrote:In a big emotional game like that momentum is huge, don't act like if Corbin scores there the game isn't practically put away.

If's a big word if Corbin didn't fall apart like a soup sandwich or it could have been coaching I don't know but they didn't get it done and we won in a blow out it just all went there way and they was good as long as it went there way but as soon as it didn't it was over they played as good as they possibly could for as long as they possibly could if you remember Coach Haywood made us take a knee or we could have scored again and I think a lot of there momentum at the beginning was from the home field advantage but in 20 years you tell the story the way you want and make it sound good lol
RicFlair Wrote:In a big emotional game like that momentum is huge, don't act like if Corbin scores there the game isn't practically put away.

"IF" Belfry would have came out from the start playing Belfry football instead of playing like a middle school team then it would have been over from the start! I only bring this up because you people are saying "IF Corbin did this and IF Corbin did that"! Those "IF's" go both ways. But don't worry none, you'll get another shot in a couple of months on Pond Creek! Good Luck with that!
Watch the video, Belfry baited Corbin in by running nothing but dive plays. Haywood told the seniors they would be down at halftime but not to worry at all. Belfrys counter play never got stopped when they finally ran it midway through the 3rd. Haywood came over to his line and said lets have some fun boys and turned them loose. The rest is a blow out history against a trash talking team that couldn't stop the counter. Lol
This one has gone to far off topic.
To keep discussing Dudley, take it to the other Bell thread