Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching rumors or job openings
Anybody hearing or been told anything
E R is a possible open position. I hope not,but hearing that it is a possibility.
Mjolnir Wrote:E R is a possible open position. I hope not,but hearing that it is a possibility.

I also heard this is very likely. Any names so far for a replacement?
I heard ER had 10+ seniors. Of course Randy McCoy will not be there if that's the case.
John Noble will be the 1st head coach at Floyd Co Central.
Since this is just a rumors thread. With the talk around town, I'd be shocked if Cothron at Somerset returns.
He's coming back to Somerset.
Paparazzi Wrote:John Noble will be the 1st head coach at Floyd Co Central.

That would be a good fit
I heard there is a very good possibility that Robert Marcum goes to North Laurel

Is this confirmed?? Cause the the head coach at Allen Central hasn't heard anything yet?
Don't know if it will happen but would be a great hire!
Montgomery County will probably be looking.

Hearing they are real interested in Bart Williams.
Don't be surprised if R. Rowe is named Head Coach at South Floyd.
Truth99 Wrote:I heard there is a very good possibility that Robert Marcum goes to North Laurel

Where is Sizemore going or are you saying as an assistant to Sizemore.

The open jobs that have officially opened according to the other site are.

1.) Frederick Douglass
Sean Woods, Dale Brown, Jason Holland, Tony Wise all rumored for the job
2.) Metcalfe County (not sure if resigned or let go)
3.) Russellville (Coach retired)
4.) Allen County Scottsville (Coach resigned)
Doss is also rumored to be open at seasons end.
Mjolnir Wrote:Don't be surprised if R. Rowe is named Head Coach at South Floyd.

Meant to say Floyd Central.
Sizemore is DONE!!!
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Where is Sizemore going or are you saying as an assistant to Sizemore.

The open jobs that have officially opened according to the other site are.

1.) Frederick Douglass
Sean Woods, Dale Brown, Jason Holland, Tony Wise all rumored for the job
2.) Metcalfe County (not sure if resigned or let go)
3.) Russellville (Coach retired)
4.) Allen County Scottsville (Coach resigned)

One head coach speculated that Daniel Brown (Henry Clay) would be the first head coach at Douglas.
Mjolnir Wrote:Meant to say Floyd Central.

Who are R. Rowe and John Noble? Where have they coached? Just curious.
I was under the impression Floyd Central's job was going to Kevin Spurlock.

That was the word a while back. Plans may have changed.
Wouldn't be surprised if Powell County came open. I've heard that Coach Fraley wanted to retire there and that he could be done at the end of this season, maybe next.
May want to think about that. That will be temporary employment...lol
OVille Baller Wrote:Montgomery County will probably be looking.

Hearing they are real interested in Bart Williams.

Why would Montgomery want Williams? He was fired from Pikeville and then is at Bath for one year and has a losing record. Bath Co only beat one team with a winning record this year. I guess the Bath Co community should know what we were getting when Williams tells community when hired that "this job is inticing because there is no pressure", talks about how much he loves Bath County, and then him and his family buy a house in Montgomery County. Sounds like Williams is hoping Montgomery will come open so commute is shorter for him and his family! Not good after only one year here. Feel like Bath is getting used to try and rebuild his reputation as a coach.
Broken Play18 Wrote:Who are R. Rowe and John Noble? Where have they coached? Just curious.

John Noble has been the longtime coach at Buckhorn and lead them to the 14th Region title last year.

I am assuming R. Rowe is Rodney Rowe. He has coached both Shelby Valley boys and girls teams. He has taken both teams to the state tournament over the course of his career.

My guess is it will be hard to get Noble to leave the tight knit Buckhorn community, but if Floyd Central can pull it off they will have absolutely one of the state's best coaches. They'd be fortunate to have him as head basketball coach.
Sharpsburg99 Wrote:Why would Montgomery want Williams? He was fired from Pikeville and then is at Bath for one year and has a losing record. Bath Co only beat one team with a winning record this year. I guess the Bath Co community should know what we were getting when Williams tells community when hired that "this job is inticing because there is no pressure", talks about how much he loves Bath County, and then him and his family buy a house in Montgomery County. Sounds like Williams is hoping Montgomery will come open so commute is shorter for him and his family! Not good after only one year here. Feel like Bath is getting used to try and rebuild his reputation as a coach.
. Sounds as if you have a lot of hatred in your heart.....
Sharpsburg99 Wrote:Why would Montgomery want Williams? He was fired from Pikeville and then is at Bath for one year and has a losing record. Bath Co only beat one team with a winning record this year. I guess the Bath Co community should know what we were getting when Williams tells community when hired that "this job is inticing because there is no pressure", talks about how much he loves Bath County, and then him and his family buy a house in Montgomery County. Sounds like Williams is hoping Montgomery will come open so commute is shorter for him and his family! Not good after only one year here. Feel like Bath is getting used to try and rebuild his reputation as a coach.

You salty bro? They would probably want him because he can actually coach and doesn't need his AD sitting on the bench drawing up plays for him. He was just named 16th Region Coach of the Year for a reason. He won more in one season than Bath County had won the previous two seasons combined.

I don't know what "inticing" even means, but here's what it really sounds like...you have no idea what you're talking about.
Surprised that there hasn't been any mention of Al Holland possibly becoming the new coach at Floyd Central. I've heard a few names over the course of a year, Rodney Rowe, Kevin Spurlock, heck even Landon Slone before he accepted the Paintsville job, but the most consistent name lately, seems to be Holland.

Not sure a coach who has averaged 17 wins a year in a tough 15th region district needs help with his resume. You also may want to do a little homework on his "firing". You may be surprised.

MoCo may come callling (among others) but over the next 2-3 years he has a better team at Bath County. Bath County's JV won 75% of their games this season. His sophomore class won back to back OVC middle school titles in 2014 and 2015. The freshman team, who his youngest son is a member of, won the 61st freshman district this year. His oldest will be a senior next year and his boys like it there. People close to him say he knows what he has and is solid. Combine that with a district that softens in that same timeframe (Rowan loses 6 for sure....maybe 7 off this roster that carried the load) and you have a chance to do something.
clipperw Wrote:John Noble has been the longtime coach at Buckhorn and lead them to the 14th Region title last year.

I am assuming R. Rowe is Rodney Rowe. He has coached both Shelby Valley boys and girls teams. He has taken both teams to the state tournament over the course of his career.

Thank you for the reply. I honestly didn't know the answer. I would love to see either Coach get the job.