Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LHL Columnist John Clay - "Ten Loss Tubby"
Lexington Herald columinst John Clay pretty much sums up what all UK fans are thinking....Tubby will have another 10 loss season - his 5th in the past 10 years. Here's part of Clay's story from the Lex Herald/Leader:

Kentucky is not Kentucky.

Not the Kentucky we've known.

The Cats are 40-20 over the last two years. They are 16-11 in the SEC. They are 4-0 versus the West this year, 8-2 over the last two years. They are 8-9 against teams in their own division.

Then there's the best team in either division. In the last 98 minutes and 19 seconds on the court against the reigning national champion Florida Gators, UK has led for all of 1:22.

After last year's 22-13 struggle, Smith promised that changes would be made. "We're not going through another season like this, I promise you that," said the coach.

After 25 games last year, UK was 16-9 overall, 6-5 in the SEC. After 25 games this year, UK is 18-7 and 7-4.

Here's the link to entire article

I've always said we'll see changes in Lexington ONLY when the media starts criticing Tubby. Looks as if that's the 'good news' here. Keep it up John.

....more from the article

Corey Brewer and Chris Lofton fit the latter category. The Cats rejected Brewer on the basis of one bad workout, and the Gator now could easily be first-team All-SEC. Lofton was the opposite scenario. Despite seeing the former Mason County star play multiple times, UK retained the opinion that he lacked the complete game to play in the SEC. Instead, he could end up the league's player of the year.

Wins override recruiting mistakes. Losses magnify them. Kentucky has a nice freshman class this year. Tuesday, however, Tennessee had the best freshmen on the floor. Post men Wayne Chism and Duke Crews combined for 34 points, six rebounds, five blocked shots and four assists. And Tennessee won the game.

OUCH!!!
Great Article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty good.
You know its getting bad when The Lexington Herald starts writing derogatory about Tubby.
venom93 Wrote:You know its getting bad when The Lexington Herald starts writing derogatory about Tubby.

Smile They always have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile They always have.

Nope. The are all Tubby supporters to the core...except for one. Alan Cutler was dismissed from his evening talk show on WLAP because he has been allowing callers to criticize Tubby openly on his program and it was upsetting the big brass at the University. Cutler is a regular poster on a chat site that I post on and there's an entire thread devoted to his dismisal and the reasons for it. Cutler isn't bitter though, as I would be. He said it just goes with the job.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Nope. The are all Tubby supporters to the core...except for one. Alan Cutler was dismissed from his evening talk show on WLAP because he has been allowing callers to criticize Tubby openly on his program and it was upsetting the big brass at the University. Cutler is a regular poster on a chat site that I post on and there's an entire thread devoted to his dismisal and the reasons for it. Cutler isn't bitter though, as I would be. He said it just goes with the job.

Mark Story is anything but a Tubby Supporter to the core.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great story!
alfus21 Wrote:Mark Story is anything but a Tubby Supporter to the core.

Well its looks like the list may be growing.
John clay is a asshole.He never says nothing but negative things.He is right a whole lot of the time but hes pathetic if hes a fan too.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Lexington Herald columinst John Clay pretty much sums up what all UK fans are thinking....Tubby will have another 10 loss season - his 5th in the past 10 years. Here's part of Clay's story from the Lex Herald/Leader:

Kentucky is not Kentucky.

Not the Kentucky we've known.

The Cats are 40-20 over the last two years. They are 16-11 in the SEC. They are 4-0 versus the West this year, 8-2 over the last two years. They are 8-9 against teams in their own division.

Then there's the best team in either division. In the last 98 minutes and 19 seconds on the court against the reigning national champion Florida Gators, UK has led for all of 1:22.

After last year's 22-13 struggle, Smith promised that changes would be made. "We're not going through another season like this, I promise you that," said the coach.

After 25 games last year, UK was 16-9 overall, 6-5 in the SEC. After 25 games this year, UK is 18-7 and 7-4.

Here's the link to entire article

I've always said we'll see changes in Lexington ONLY when the media starts criticing Tubby. Looks as if that's the 'good news' here. Keep it up John.

....more from the article

Corey Brewer and Chris Lofton fit the latter category. The Cats rejected Brewer on the basis of one bad workout, and the Gator now could easily be first-team All-SEC. Lofton was the opposite scenario. Despite seeing the former Mason County star play multiple times, UK retained the opinion that he lacked the complete game to play in the SEC. Instead, he could end up the league's player of the year.

Wins override recruiting mistakes. Losses magnify them. Kentucky has a nice freshman class this year. Tuesday, however, Tennessee had the best freshmen on the floor. Post men Wayne Chism and Duke Crews combined for 34 points, six rebounds, five blocked shots and four assists. And Tennessee won the game.

OUCH!!!

:Thumbs:
Old school Dawg Wrote:John clay is a asshole.He never says nothing but negative things.He is right a whole lot of the time but hes pathetic if hes a fan too.

On the contrary, OSD. John Clay as been raked over the coals many times for being too 'Pro Tubby'. This article is a true shocker coming from Clay.
I really shouldnt have said what I did on his article on this.I was talking about reading all of his articles over the years.The guy always writes on the negative.Shucks Im a Clay but just never liked the guy,,,but still read his every story in the Herald.