Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley's finish?
3rd season in a row we end with a losing record to finish season. The last two years we finish 2-7 to end the season and three years ago we end 7-9. Coach Hicks ran off longtime assistant coaches Ron Johnson and Dale Jarrell this past year as well as leading returning scorers Jacob Beverly, Lamont Walker and Kobe Brown. We are getting the same result. I think players and assistant coaches just get tired of all the screaming all year and the last month just tune him out OR Hicks just runs out of cupcakes to play twice and has to start playing decent teams. If you look back at my post, you will see That I called this again. When will Valley ever make a move and go get Elisha or someone that people want to play for and can guide the team to finish playing there best ball at the end of the season instead of crashing and burning the last month. This program is MUCH better than what it is producing!
justabitoutside Wrote:3rd season in a row we end with a losing record to finish season. The last two years we finish 2-7 to end the season and three years ago we end 7-9. Coach Hicks ran off longtime assistant coaches Ron Johnson and Dale Jarrell this past year as well as leading returning scorers Jacob Beverly, Lamont Walker and Kobe Brown. We are getting the same result. I think players and assistant coaches just get tired of all the screaming all year and the last month just tune him out OR Hicks just runs out of cupcakes to play twice and has to start playing decent teams. If you look back at my post, you will see That I called this again. When will Valley ever make a move and go get Elisha or someone that people want to play for and can guide the team to finish playing there best ball at the end of the season instead of crashing and burning the last month. This program is MUCH better than what it is producing!

I was shocked that he was brought back before this season really.
What's going on with the coach and team?
Who is Lamont Walker?
new o Wrote:Who is Lamont Walker?
I think he played on "Sanford and Son". No wait, "Good Times"! Ahh....whatever! Lol
justabitoutside Wrote:3rd season in a row we end with a losing record to finish season. The last two years we finish 2-7 to end the season and three years ago we end 7-9. Coach Hicks ran off longtime assistant coaches Ron Johnson and Dale Jarrell this past year as well as leading returning scorers Jacob Beverly, Lamont Walker and Kobe Brown. We are getting the same result. I think players and assistant coaches just get tired of all the screaming all year and the last month just tune him out OR Hicks just runs out of cupcakes to play twice and has to start playing decent teams. If you look back at my post, you will see That I called this again. When will Valley ever make a move and go get Elisha or someone that people want to play for and can guide the team to finish playing there best ball at the end of the season instead of crashing and burning the last month. This program is MUCH better than what it is producing!
Napier does not want Justice
4everUK Wrote:Napier does not want Justice

and because?????
4everUK Wrote:Napier does not want Justice

And Justice doesn't want Napier
Way to many good players walking around or have left for that team to be like that maybe seems like that coach doesn't want to win put 2 an 2 together easy fix
Big Don Wrote:and because?????
Got my theories, but no need in saying. Napier had every opportunity to get Justice in and ended up running the whole family off.
new o Wrote:Who is Lamont Walker?

Lamont Wright
Why don't you coach them? You could start your son since he isn't playing much at Pikeville. Build the program around him and in three years your other son will be in the 9th grade and he could fill in his older brother's shoes. Stop by the school and tell Mr Napier you are interested in reviving the program
Hicks has been turmoil everywhere he has coached. I was really surprised when Shelby Valley hired him. They must not have vetted him very well.
Since Justice is the Asst. Coach at Pikeville he should have no problem leaving....
BlueSky Wrote:Since Justice is the Asst. Coach at Pikeville he should have no problem leaving....

We will send you a postcard from the expo lol
BlueSky Wrote:Since Justice is the Asst. Coach at Pikeville he should have no problem leaving....
I wouldn't look for "JtheCoach" to be going anywhere, anytime soon. He has done a 180 with that program and has them playing great basketball at the right time. I'd say he's there for as long as he wants it...my opinion.
Think u could be reason he sit out at p ville all year good things could to those who wait 2 more years he will be fine take more pics log in to someone else account act like it's not u keep padding yourself on back as for his brother never make the mistake that was made with him you should sleep well taking a year away from a kid we all know the person u log in under so quit hiding best part he has been more happy this year not even played you stolen 2 years from he has 2 left go ahead log under name we all know act like it's not u that's real class
Mack01 Wrote:Think u could be reason he sit out at p ville all year good things could to those who wait 2 more years he will be fine take more pics log in to someone else account act like it's not u keep padding yourself on back as for his brother never make the mistake that was made with him you should sleep well taking a year away from a kid we all know the person u log in under so quit hiding best part he has been more happy this year not even played you stolen 2 years from he has 2 left go ahead log under name we all know act like it's not u that's real class

Anybody wanna take a shot at deciphering this code?
Salute to Hicks. He takes a ton of heat and just turned the tide on his season last night.

Would be insane if he cuts the net in Pikeville.
Hicks is a hard working coach. He expects hard work from his players(you are not going to be petted and pampered on the floor. I want someone who pushes my child to achieve more. By now everyone knows his style and dedication. I dare to say most people had no idea of who some of these players are. Zero starters from last year. Think about that! Are they going to falter sometimes? Yes,but they are learning all along the way. I have found that people who constantly bash coaches don't really like the game of basketball They like politics and thinking they have some type of say in who gets what job. I have to say this,the days of beating everybody you play by 25-30 points are over and I for one am glad. Close competitive games make a lot more players happy than a thumping. It is after all a game for the players. Appreciate Them!
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:We will send you a postcard from the expo lol

Lmao get ready for the "battle"
Warthog Wrote:Lmao get ready for the "battle"

Its Battaile...
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Its Battaile...

Lame.

That being said Pikeville will beat SV by 15 or so again, and most likely go on to win region.
Motley Wrote:Lame.

That being said Pikeville will beat SV by 15 or so again, and most likely go on to win region.

I've pm you before..I know your laughable game.. can't win on the court so play the insult game... keep at it you are a brilliant loser...
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:I've pm you before..I know your laughable game.. can't win on the court so play the insult game... keep at it you are a brilliant loser...

Thanks. Almost as laughable as a dad who lives through his son's accomplishments instead of his own.
Motley Wrote:Thanks. Almost as laughable as a dad who lives through his son's accomplishments instead of his own.

Well mam your right about one thing.. I am EXTREMELY proud of my sons accomplishments..
When is the date in May all coaches find out if they are Let go or not?

After SV finished by crashing and burning for the 3rd season in a row, I figured Napier and co. has had enough. Lost 9 out of last 12 games this year.
I said last year they should get rid of Hicks and either get Elisha Justice or Todd May and it didn't happen. Now the same result as the two previous years even with two good players moving in from Pike Central's feeder system.
Maybe the date hasn't come yet and we will finally get Elisha or Todd as our coach. Elisha goes to Rupp at a football school and Hicks crashes and burns for a 3rd straight year. When will we change????????

Coach Justice is see a hell of a lot more success than what you jurk offs are there his success will continue and SV will continue on the road there On also Good Luck Coach Justice keep kicking butt.
Why do people throw names out and have no clue if they're even interested in coaching or not? Todd May has been out of the game for a long while. Why even assume he wants to do it?

Furthermore, why would Elisha even entertain leaving with basically the same squad back on the floor next year?
I am personally good friends with coach hicks and his family and really close to him and his family and we need give him a chance and let him do his job